1/6 Hot Toys - Endgame - Captain America (Special Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its funny, it does kinda look like a kitbash. Sadness..

67797565_1743900512420154_2424886197375903341_n.jpg

What’s ironic is the kitbashes people have done look like the actual figure, or at least how the actual figure should look, and the actual figure looks like the kitbashed one.

Hmm, the silhouette/build of the Concept Art and Infinity war versions seem good if not better, a bit surprising they did not use the tooling from those to base the EG on.

Wow, never seen this much unanimous, unified hate towards a figure...kinda makes my Chadwick sculpt and IW Cap complaints seem minor in comparison! :rotfl

Wow, never seen this much unanimous, unified hate towards a figure...kinda makes my Chadwick sculpt and IW Cap complaints seem minor in comparison! :rotfl

Yeah, this time you can save your energy and let the rest of us do the work trashing this one. Unless you want to defend its quality just for the sake of being contentious. :lol

Yeah, this time you can save your energy and let the rest of us do the work trashing this one. Unless you want to defend its quality just for the sake of being contentious. :lol

Hmm, you know what...that's a brilliant idea!

Everyone, this IS the GREATEST Cap ever made!!! :lol

Well they did tweak the helmetless sculpt after much complaining, so here's hoping they'll make some further improvements before the main figure releases.

My question is where does HT source the complaints from? I'm assuming probably on FB and/or Insta because they surely aren't perusing these forums...I guess the best way for everyone to put their criticism/venting to work is by blasting/flooding their social sites with the hate! :lecture

I hadn't even looked close at those buckles, what a lazy hack job. Between those homemade looking straps and that solid cast plastic chest this figure looks so much like a janky "china product" ebay knockoff

My question is where does HT source the complaints from? I'm assuming probably on FB and/or Insta because they surely aren't perusing these forums...I guess the best way for everyone to put their criticism/venting to work is by blasting/flooding their social sites with the hate! :lecture

This.

And we know that Hot Toys do listen to complaints from customers from time to time (i.e. ESB Boba Fett helmet, Endgame Cap headsculpt).

Pages of the same complaints here won't change anything (feeling like in the ESB Darth Vader thread).

Facebook is a big one. Look at Killmonger. A lot of negative feedback when the figure was being shown updated a couple of months ago, and now it has vanished from shows and displays entirely.

Thanks for the detailed review/comparison vid Jedha. The concept and infinity war caps look great. Was really hoping the Endgame one would have been as good as I was looking to pick up one final cap figure. Starting to consider the Infinity War one now, but still holding out some slim hope that Hot Toys will make some updates for the main release for Endgame cap. .

Thanks for the detailed review/comparison vid Jedha. The concept and infinity war caps look great. Was really hoping the Endgame one would have been as good as I was looking to pick up one final cap figure. Starting to consider the Infinity War one now, but still holding out some slim hope that Hot Toys will make some updates for the main release for Endgame cap. .

You're welcome. I really hope they make some changes as well. You can pick up the Infinity War Cap for cheap in facebook groups.

just realized in your comparison video the IW cap where the top layer of his suit is peeling off, revealing the "scale male" underneath it. can you actually remove the top layer and expose the whole "scale mail"? not saying to try but, is there an actual top layer and inner layer?

It just looks like they took the CW version slapped a chunk of plastic on the chest and shoulders and called it a day. Real ****ing lazy.

It's like they're taking a page out of the Marvel Legends book and slapping plastic overlays on existing items.

It just looks like they took the CW version slapped a chunk of plastic on the chest and shoulders and called it a day. Real ****ing lazy.

It's like they're taking a page out of the Marvel Legends book and slapping plastic overlays on existing items.

Which is ironic because Marvel Legends actually did an entirely new sculpt for Endgame Cap.
This just isn?t good. In addition to the bad chest plate, the way they did the shoulders isn?t very accurate. Again, they got it right for Infinity War so they didn?t need to go back to the drawing board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back