1/6 Hot Toys - Endgame - Captain America (Special Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOWZA! People are paying $1k plus for this on eBay already? Do we know for sure if this will be available to SS or is it D23 and that's it?

That's because that is the first one on ebay. The announcement mentioned this would be available later on at more places then just at d23 so as more get released the price should drop.

Hot Toys could of atleast bloodied him up. Happy with my order for the regular that includes an unmasked headsculpt. If this set came with an unmasked head sculpt, I would be honesty torn between the 2.

Hot Toys could of atleast bloodied him up. Happy with my order for the regular that includes an unmasked headsculpt. If this set came with an unmasked head sculpt, I would be honesty torn between the 2.

I do like the different accessories on this figure but not at a significant premium over the regular release.

I will say, I do like the box art, though. Guessing this will be the template for all the Endgame figures?

I certainly hope so, it?s a really nice box. Based on the eBay pictures, the text is actually on a clear slipcover that goes over the actual box, which has an opening flap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So could we see a fast release for Endgame Cap since this guy is out..sort of?

:rotfl

The BV CW had more differences from the regular version than this.

Also, as gmoney stated in the thread for the regular version, if this one is already out and the chest plate looks exactly the same, I wonder if that all but pretty much scuttles any hope they were going to improve it?

Hasbro does this with SW figures for SDCC every year and no one bats an eye.

HT does it and they're money grubbing *******s.

It's just a promo release, nothing to see. If you're at D23 and want this figure early then that's cool and great.
I didn?t say they were money grubbing. It just seems unnecessary to me seeing as it?s essentially the same figure being offered with a couple different (re-used) accessories. Also a comparison between a company like Hasbro or whoever is quite different. You?re looking at a $20 something figure most likely versus one that?s more likely to be $250 or higher.

I think price definitely plays a role in this. SW figures are like $20-$30 I'm guessing, but HT is charging $240+ for these figures

All company charge regular price for any limited exclusive. It's people and reseller who jacking up price.

67698284_179044839904385_8914718956074445306_n.jpg

So damn horrible

Agreed. Very let down by this figure. It wouldn?t be difficult to make it good. Huge step back from the IW Cap. Should have used the same chest piece from that or the same idea. Not one big piece of plastic all the same color. Have a feeling I?ll be canceling my regular version

Yeah the lack of color variation is really bad. The section holding the star should be the same color as the cloth neck, if not just darker than the rest. I think the scales would have been tricky to get right, but it?s a shame Hot Toys didn?t even try.

For the love of God we need a new masked cap sculpt. Feels like have been using the same one for years and none of them have ever looked like Chris Evans.

:rotfl

The BV CW had more differences from the regular version than this.

Also, as gmoney stated in the thread for the regular version, if this one is already out and the chest plate looks exactly the same, I wonder if that all but pretty much scuttles any hope they were going to improve it?

Yep, sadly if they didn't put in the effort now, why would they do it later? If I was HT and I see people buying up the inaccurate prototype version now then I would be confident those who have EG Cap on pre-order will buy the inaccurate version later as well.

Easy pass considering it's being rushed out with the same suit inaccuracies as the proto. At least with the version coming out next year there's a chance of them making some improvements.

I?m not getting either, but have been paying attention to the flaws in them. Since this is releasing right now, does it not worry you that the standard could be the exact same model?

Watch it selling out quickly, despite the flaws.

But anyway, seems like the regular release does have a color variation around the star, so maybe here we have a bad reflection angle off the scales, making it look all same.
Also, the broken shield is cool.

Last edited:
I?m not getting either, but have been paying attention to the flaws in them. Since this is releasing right now, does it not worry you that the standard could be the exact same model?
I thought the same thing; if they're shipping this suit as-is for this release, hard to imagine they don't ship the exact same suit with all of the same inaccuracies in April 2020.

Hot Toys new model for a lot of figures seems to be to just get it good enough. They're putting out so much stuff now that they don't or can't put in the time and effort to get things as close to perfect as they can. There use to be a time when they would go back and fix things with the prototype that weren't accurate to the final movie. Sadly, that doesn't seem to happen often anymore.

Back