1/6 Hot Toys - Endgame - Captain America (Special Edition)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, sadly if they didn't put in the effort now, why would they do it later? If I was HT and I see people buying up the inaccurate prototype version now then I would be confident those who have EG Cap on pre-order will buy the inaccurate version later as well.

I thought the same thing; if they're shipping this suit as-is for this release, hard to imagine they don't ship the exact same suit with all of the same inaccuracies in April 2020.

That?s what I mentioned in the regular EG Cap thread as well. If they’re comfortable releasing this figure with the chest piece as is, that to me says they think it’s fine, and likely won’t make any alterations for the regular version. Especially if this figure sells.

Hot Toys new model for a lot of figures seems to be to just get it good enough. They're putting out so much stuff now that they don't or can't put in the time and effort to get things as close to perfect as they can. There use to be a time when they would go back and fix things with the prototype that weren't accurate to the final movie. Sadly, that doesn't seem to happen often anymore.

It’s also kind of ironic, because the two Disney franchises that are their bread and butter (MCU and Star Wars) are the figures that seem to suffer from this the most. And I believe that’s a result of them attempting to rush them out.

As much of a dumpster fire the franchise is, the overwhelming majority of the HT DCEU figures are top notch. Same with the majority of their Predator figures.

I already have the regular on order but will order this as well if i can, then i can stop going to the trade forum looking for the civil war version.

Hot Toys new model for a lot of figures seems to be to just get it good enough. They're putting out so much stuff now that they don't or can't put in the time and effort to get things as close to perfect as they can. There use to be a time when they would go back and fix things with the prototype that weren't accurate to the final movie. Sadly, that doesn't seem to happen often anymore.

Still happens consistently on Iron Man figures. Still can?t believe they actually took note that the top helmet ridge was too round and made it rectangular and sharp on the Mark 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They sold out of this at the D23 Expo before I could get in, which is a good thing because I may have bought it without knowing what it was.

So are they going to basicly release the regular version early then because I dont think they will just stop with the speacuql version they will probably make the whole production run exclusive and standard in one go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So are they going to basicly release the regular version early then because I dont think they will just stop with the speacuql version they will probably make the whole production run exclusive and standard in one go.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I doubt the regular will be released so early. It has a new headsculpt and more items to be manufactured. I am fine with a wait to be honest.

Sadly, I also don't think they will make the changes that are necessary for the regular release.
It will have to come down to whether you are willing to accept it when the figure arrives.
It definitely needs the bigger star on the chest and on facebook there was a comparison for the compass to the film with it in Cap's hand, and boy did Hot Toys make it tiny. :gah:

I will be getting Endgame Captain America. Love Cap and was a great ending for the character. I have his main looks from the movies so I look forward to having the regular version in hand next year.

So did anyone here ever pick it up? Want to see this tragedy in hand

I tried yesterday. Sold out by Friday morning for the weekend. Scalpers love it. I saw it in hand from a con goer, looks nice but all recycled parts.

Not true....they release an allotment each day for Expo attendees they are not that stupid lol. Respectfully I?m sure they are considerate for enough people coming each day and have a certain amount that hit the floor.
I tried yesterday. Sold out by Friday morning for the weekend. Scalpers love it. I saw it in hand from a con goer, looks nice but all recycled parts.

It wouldn't surprise me if Endgame Cap came out early, but it's at least a couple of months down the road. It's not unheard of for some of the figures to come out half a year early.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Was looking at the photos for this just now again, and I’m pretty sure the hand set is also the exact same hand set as CW Cap. Same with the regular version.

Back