Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The second head should have been a grimacing head with clenched teeth like in the close-up shot when he's dueling Qui-Gon and Obi-wan.

Critisizing a trash figure isn’t something I ever have an issue with, is this constant ***** fest about price increases...these are plastic dolls end of day even at 100$ they are over priced...if money is an issue for you in this hobby, is time to look into another hobby...HTs isn’t gonna lower it’s prices because collectors can’t afford them no matter how much some of ya cry and they are only gonna go up.

Not if sales drop. As mentioned, they’re only slightly creeping up prices, testing how much people will still pay. People haven’t stopped, so prices continue to climb.

The jumps recently have been fairly substantial. Seems like a lot of new releases are about $20 or more than they would have been even just a year ago. Kinda feels like around Infinity War is when they started raising prices and they’ve stayed high since.

Personally though I feel like Maul is priced about right. It’s a DX figure with a good amount of accessories whether you buy just the figure or spring for the version with the Sith Speeder. Even back in 2012 I paid $250 for the DX12 Batman and I think DX11 Joker was $270 or maybe $275.

Critisizing a trash figure isn’t something I ever have an issue with, is this constant ***** fest about price increases...these are plastic dolls end of day even at 100$ they are over priced...if money is an issue for you in this hobby, is time to look into another hobby...HTs isn’t gonna lower it’s prices because collectors can’t afford them no matter how much some of ya cry and they are only gonna go up.
You’re not thinking bigger picture. One day, this hobby will outpace us all. Only the truly dedicated and the rich will be able to justify the prices then. Or the other scenario is, the bubble bursts and these companies go under because sales drop tremendously. BBTS still has a **** ton of Hot Toys they can’t sell. They even have a program for store credit to help unload some of it. So, I could see it going either way.

Not if sales drop. As mentioned, they’re only slightly creeping up prices, testing how much people will still pay. People haven’t stopped, so prices continue to climb.
Exactly. What happened to questioning the status quo? Do people not do that anymore? I guess it’s just, “oh, you must be poor.” A fool and his money. :lol

Sure, maybe. I doubt they would decrease anything even though I wish they would. Either way it’s just boring after a while still reading about price increases.

The jumps recently have been fairly substantial. Seems like a lot of new releases are about $20 or more than they would have been even just a year ago. Kinda feels like around Infinity War is when they started raising prices and they’ve stayed high since.

Personally though I feel like Maul is priced about right. It’s a DX figure with a good amount of accessories whether you buy just the figure or spring for the version with the Sith Speeder. Even back in 2012 I paid $250 for the DX12 Batman and I think DX11 Joker was $270 or maybe $275.
This started about a year and a half ago. Actually, it really started with Play Arts Kai. Once that atrocious price tag was rationalized by fans... well, it’s led to this, hasn’t it? I started collecting high end stuff in 2006 and I never thought for a second we would see the kinds of prices we’ve been seeing, for import figures, before 2025.

Sure, maybe. I doubt they would decrease anything even though I wish they would. Either way it’s just boring after a while still reading about price increases.

They wouldn’t decrease. They’d just find and stay at the sweet spot of what people are willing to pay, without suffering a drop in sales because of too high of a price point.

I had $70 in reward points waiting to be used so I decided to go for it. I know I'll pay more for shipping through SS but this was basically "free" money that I didn't have to put toward the BBTS one.

People like you always have the exact same thing to say, look into another hobby. Its a stupid comment, you have no idea what someone buys or has. My funko collection alone is probably worth more than anything you got. No ones crying except you about people crying. If you don't like someone's comment, keep scrolling. Most figures these days lose value, people aren't paying these prices as much and they've oversaturated the market.

This started about a year and a half ago. Actually, it really started with Play Arts Kai. Once that atrocious price tag was rationalized by fans... well, it’s led to this, hasn’t it? I started collecting high end stuff in 2006 and I never thought for a second we would see the kind of prices we’ve been seeing, for import figures, before 2025.
I don’t recall specific examples. I know prices have been creeping up gradually but generally it seemed like lower increases. Like under $10 or so. A lot of new figures feel more noticeably high in price to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But this figure is not trash... only the laughing head is.

I think the laughing head is reacting to the price.

If I posed that laughing head on my shelf I would think its HT laughing at me for paying for this.

:rotfl :goodpost:

I tried to give you some credit for that one "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wor-Gar again".

:rotfl :goodpost:

I tried to give you some credit for that one "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wor-Gar again".

Right?

It’d basically be doing this on your shelf:

GenerousVacantHoneybee-size_restricted.gif

But this figure is not trash... only the laughing head is.

I think the laughing head is reacting to the price.

If I posed that laughing head on my shelf I would think its HT laughing at me for paying for this.

I didn't say THIS figure is trash. I was talking about what the forum police try and tell you what you can and cannot talk about on this forum.

So only Sideshow going to have the standard DX16 in stock? So if you just want the single figure, you have to do through SS? If that’s the case, F that! I might also go with the speeder version since CA tax and shipping will bring it up to almost the speeder version price.

Back