Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The room comment.... I have to stop collecting because of this. I play to get neo l luke jedi wolf predator heavy weapon version and buy this maul if the size is taller than my custom. Selling everything that didn't fit in those cases
1d66738be10edeef3ac2e26326bdd0ab.jpg
25385055d32b51b38af9369c794074f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nice collection.

I don’t know what it is, but Predator shelves in people’s collections always look the most impressive to me.

Hot Toys finally producing their version does not at all take away how terrific the Sideshow one is! I think there will be plenty of fans for both of them...

View attachment 420061

I'll gladly have them both in the collection!

Agreed, the HT one looks awesome but i still love the SS one. Will use the robe and hood for the HT one, and unrobed for the SS.

Ordered the speeder version...I couldn’t care any less for the price tag, this is a hobby and never been a cheap one, if you can’t afford it, simply don’t buy, but quit the constant whining about high prices...geez

Nice collection.

I don’t know what it is, but Predator shelves in people’s collections always look the most impressive to me.
They look great but the joints are loose. And I barely pose then. I think hot toys was still figuring them out well into around elder p2 version 2. Wolf when he comes out will be my last pred. My crown jewel is the avp diarama on the bottom. Ok I've derailed this a bit I'll stop

Both of you. They initially didn’t have a NRD.

Ah-Ha!

So was it one of those things where for the first few hours they didn't put an NRD on them? I've seen that happen a number of times. I've benefitted from that a number of times.

That could explain it. I know I'm not insane (well.... not entirely).

They look great but the joints are loose. And I barely pose then. I think hot toys was still figuring them out well into around elder p2 version 2. Wolf when he comes out will be my last pred. My crown jewel is the avp diarama on the bottom. Ok I've derailed this a bit I'll stop

The joints on mine are all tight, except the waist on my Scar 2.0 and CH 2.0, and the legs on my Classic, are all slightly loose. All other joints are tight. My last Preds will be Wolf 2.0, possibly Fugitive Predator from the new film, and hopefully a JH 2.0 (don’t see this one happening though as I think they merged that with Classic based on the clean mask).

Thread officially derailed. :lol

Do I have funds to purchase this? YES Do I want to use my funds to purchase this? NO!! Why? The value of the money has now become greater than the value of the figure itself.
Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner here folks. This guy gets it.

This is why I don’t collect statues. It’s overpriced **** that’s just waiting to break and devalue anyway. Collecting has never been about an investment though, so at the end of the day, I want to collect at reasonable prices. Unfortunately, some kinda of huge **** storm has caused these big name import brands to jack their prices sky high over the last year or so. This is creating a divide.

Now, we all know that people who collect this stuff aren’t poor. However, we have two sides to this debacle. One is content with the gouging and will “pay it anyway” as you often hear. That mindset contributes to the problem at large. The other side is more conservative with their wallet and doesn’t splurge hand over fist.

I used to be that guy that tried to collect it all—well, things that actually interested me. I would partake in DC, Marvel, Star Wars, Dragon Ball, Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy, TMNT, Predator and various other movie, tv and anime collectibles. Going forward, I’m going to have to choose what I will focus on specifically. I don’t want to blow money left and right on this ****. So, I guess Star Wars it is.

I think you’ll only be finding the SSC one for that price now.
Gonna have to agree with this. Hot Toys figures don’t often devalue. Sure, you may just barely make back what you paid for it on some of them, but meh. This one will not be had for anything under $250 and that’s WITH some asshat breaking something on the standard release.

Ordered the speeder version...I couldn’t care any less for the price tag, this is a hobby and never been a cheap one, if you can’t afford it, simply don’t buy, but quit the constant whining about high prices...geez

Just like if a figure is trash, you're still not allowed to say anything negative about it, the thread is only for people who have only nice things to say and who have accepted the figure and bought and paid for it. Love the forum police that are always here, gtfo.

But this figure is not trash... only the laughing head is.

I think the laughing head is reacting to the price.

If I posed that laughing head on my shelf I would think its HT laughing at me for paying for this.

im thinking of selling my XM 1/4 Darth Maul to get more funds for 1/6 Star Wars Hot Toys, especially when the Prequels vortex is hitting hard right now...

..and really dont need that second head scuplt though

Have ppl forgotten that the DX line has always been more expensive than regular edition figures? I agree that the 2nd HS needs a total rework, but will at least be picking the up regular. While I'd normally pick up the speeder, I'd never display it and it doesn't have its own stand to display separate.

Just like if a figure is trash, you're still not allowed to say anything negative about it, the thread is only for people who have only nice things to say and who have accepted the figure and bought and paid for it. Love the forum police that are always here, gtfo.

Critisizing a trash figure isn’t something I ever have an issue with, is this constant ***** fest about price increases...these are plastic dolls end of day even at 100$ they are over priced...if money is an issue for you in this hobby, is time to look into another hobby...HTs isn’t gonna lower it’s prices because collectors can’t afford them no matter how much some of ya cry and they are only gonna go up.

**** that laughing sculpt and **** that price tag. Hot toys really **** the bed with this one. Will wait a few years when the market is inevitably flooded with mauls and will pick one up for $200 or less.

Nah, look at ANH Leia and DX07. But good luck with that. This isn’t SS it’s HT. This will be higher down the road. The only Maul they would make next would be CW or Solo.

You are what is wrong with this hobby. More specifically, those like you. Just because someone CAN purchase something, doesn’t mean they should. Money does have value. If they just decided to slap a $600 price on this piece of **** made of plastic... would you still buy it? :lol

Good to see other people get it. If you want a thread dedicated only to praising Hot Toys and the suckling of their space cow teat, this isn’t it. Gonna have to rename the thread for that.

Back