Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, definitely a size/look difference. Glad to see the 06 fits. You would think the 15 one would look more weathered as the hat has seen more action between the two movies.

06 on the left, 15 on the right.

0_1903d0_439c42c4_orig

Can you place the 15 head on the 06? Please. I don't think we have seen this yet!!

Shame, really. They are oversized and incorrectly shaped. The UU Enterbay/Medi was very good as was the HT At World's End hat.

I applaud HT for trying to elevate the production quality by using synthetic materials, and some folks seem plenty happy with the DX hats, so I guess why not, but for me, looking and fitting right is more important, the DX hats are oversized because of how they're made, and they form all sorts of wrong shapes compared to any of the hats in the franchise.

Original Medicom is the best size and shape of all, but the UU and the HT AWE hats are also good because they were sculpted, even NECA's 12" Jack's had better hats, it just needs to be sculpted. From what I gather, it's a hard hat to replicate even at full scale, which is why custom hat makers charge high for good work for cosplayers. That's why I used a Medicom hat for DX06 and why I hunted down another when DX15 was announced, while there's something more piratey to a hatless Jack, and in most films he's not wearing it all the time, to me the hat is a big part of his look, as much as the coat and it being the proper color, so if you're trying to build and ultimate Jack, you need to get a sculpted hat for him.

Got the 15 head. Looks great on the 06. I’ll take pics later. Believe it or not the 15 faceplates fit in the 06 hair. They’re snug but they do fit.

Just checked on my Jack over at Sideshow and it says "Your account is temporarily locked while we process your payment." Guess that means it's almost out the door....wooohooo! 😃😁 Anyone know approximately how long it takes to ship it to California from there? I usually get all my Jacks at a local collectibles store, so I've never ordered one from Sideshow before. Soooo looking forward to getting him!!! 😄😄😄

Payment processing for everyone! :yess: :lol

I'm very excited to have Jack in the collection once again, and he will be taking top shelf.

Now comes the hardest part -- waiting for the shipment to get to BBTS so they can ship it all the way back to me here near Sideshow.

May it catch a swift wind...

Now comes the hardest part -- waiting for the shipment to get to BBTS so they can ship it all the way back to me here near Sideshow.

May it catch a swift wind...

I can safely say I'm in the same boat, so to speak. It won't be long now.

I haven't had a Jack since getting the Medicom Jack (still w the best hat, right Maulfan?) which I had totally repainted by Les Walker back in the day, tatoos and all. Really loved it but had to sell it to finance a project. Couldn't swing the 06 in that period and almost lost hope -- the film series ran it's course and I thought that was it for new jack figs, then after a respite, the latest film released and a great Jack to follow. And now, in just a few short weeks I'll have my Jack back, jack. :yess:

BBTS got Tarkin pretty quick so may not be long wait.

Yeah but if u do $4 shipping prepare to wait longer. . .. My Tarkin shipped a week ago and I’m still waiting and I’m only 500 miles away from BBTS. Wi to IL. It circled close to my house(15 miles away) then left again( 100 miles away) and is slowly making its way back. Crazy smart post routings........

Back