Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AD86D374-29C2-438C-A149-F90E65EF824B.jpeg

Jack posed for an oil painting of his handsome self!

Not sure the terms but what I’m doing is I mixed paint to match the shade i posted a swatch of earlier then I Dan litter bits on the coat with a brush and then use the brush to rub the colo in and spread it out.

For some reason, the coat is making it look more pure gray than what the paint looks like so I added more brown and orange.

On the left is the color I used earlier, on the right is the updated color, I think I’ve got it now.

View attachment 398355

I think the technical term for that, but don't quote me, is called painting.
;)

It's the 10th now and i still have no processing notice for next week, getting worried now. I've got the money ready for once too so they better charge me next week too.

I spoke with SS yesterday to authorize early payment when it arrives in the warehouse. The rep said they arrive Friday and I was going to be charged Thurs.

I think the technical term for that, but don't quote me, is called painting.
;)

Nice, lol, I just don’t pay attention for the technical names of techniques I use, I just don’t think about something that might work and try it, dry brushing is probably term for what I’m doing.

So has this released in HK already? I unsubscribed from this thread I think last summer after I canceled my PO, so I haven't been following. If so, how did it turn out, out of curiosity? What's the general consensus?

Yes it’s out, to back through the past 20 pages or so, lots of pics, plus HT’s Facebook has a full gallery, he came out amazing.

So has this released in HK already? I unsubscribed from this thread I think last summer after I canceled my PO, so I haven't been following. If so, how did it turn out, out of curiosity? What's the general consensus?

Yeah, he was released 2 weeks ago mate. And he’s absolutely awesome!!! Can you not tell from all the gorgeous pics?!!! :wink1:

I need to know if I need to buy a dx-15 hat. I’ve got a new head on the way. Can someone who has both PLEASE try the 06 hat on the 15 head?

Finished the recoloring, next to add some dark staining like the actual coat and touch up the buttons when I’m totally done.

BA71A766-0687-4F8F-AA79-7D1C82D0C7C5.jpeg

E8BA5B82-AD8D-467A-BB32-AF46A3759C7B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back