Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Now that they've redone DX Jack, I want Joker 3.0. I can't justify $800 for a figure on eBay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Since it doesn't show in the movie, sadly HT keeps skipping the Sparrow tattoo on his arm but I wish they'd included it, Medicom did.

We'll see how production turns out, but I like that his sash looks dirty, usually they come quite clean looking. I notice there are a number of new trinkets on his belts, I'm most curious about the hair strands, whose are they, or will we be left always wondering, is it another favor from a mistress like the lace around his left hand perhaps.

Yea it's odd that HT would omit that on every turn when it's a pretty significant detail regardless if it can be seen or not. Though, I think they'd make a point to showcase it in the promo pics if they were finally adding it.

I too am curious about the origins of the extra bits and wonder if they'll be explained in the movie or not? I'm also curious if the "mom" shrunken head will have fabric hair as well or if it will be full sculpted like the DX06

One nice improvement over DX06 is the use of regular fabric for the coat lining, I wasn't too fond of the shiny material used on the DX06 coat.
Agreed both the inner lining and outer materials are better on this than DX06 even though they still haven't gotten the color for the outer material 100%. Until I have this in hand, my favorite 1/6 Sparrow coat is the UU coat. While the color is too brown on it, the material texture/pattern is pretty accurate as well as the inner lining.
It looks good, but surprisingly similar to the DX06.

It seems that HT is reusing a lot of parts of the DX06.

The base is awesome, and so is the costume, which looks more or less the same as the DX06. I'm not sold on this figure yet...maybe because Ii have the DX06, so it feels like buying the same figure :lol

Hopefully this opens the door for another Jack from the first two films. :pray:

Considering his costume hasn't changed from OST other than a few add-ons (extra belt, knife, knuckle tattoos etc) it makes sense that this has some reused parts. Not really sure what ppl were expecting, or why folks might of been expecting brand new everything :dunno No reason to make brand new stuff when it was done so well on DX06.

Now that they've redone DX Jack, I want Joker 3.0. I can't justify $800 for a figure on eBay.
They haven't "redone" him though. This isn't Jack Sparrow in OST 2.0...this is Jack Sparrow in DMTNT...

Yet another DX Ledger Joker would be a 3rd DX from the same movie AND their 6th figure of 1 character from the same movie...it's almost as bad as all the Leto Joker's being made from Suicide Squad when he only had a few minutes of screen time compared to other characters that were in the majority of the movie.

Agreed, I wouldn't want 100% rooted hair, but the parts they're using it for look better for it, better than their sculpted counterparts on DX06.

Hard to judge as a floating portion of a head, but these frames from the video make me optimistic about the smirk head.

IMG_4097.JPG

IMG_4098.JPG

Agreed, I wouldn't want 100% rooted hair, but the parts they're using it for look better for it, better than their sculpted counterparts on DX06.

Hard to judge as a floating portion of a head, but these frames from the video make me optimistic about the smirk head.

View attachment 342135

View attachment 342136
Emailed you if interested in selling your dx06

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Am I the only one who thinks the tricorn hat is oversized?

Yea it's odd that HT would omit that on every turn when it's a pretty significant detail regardless if it can be seen or not. Though, I think they'd make a point to showcase it in the promo pics if they were finally adding it.

I too am curious about the origins of the extra bits and wonder if they'll be explained in the movie or not? I'm also curious if the "mom" shrunken head will have fabric hair as well or if it will be full sculpted like the DX06

Agreed both the inner lining and outer materials are better on this than DX06 even though they still haven't gotten the color for the outer material 100%. Until I have this in hand, my favorite 1/6 Sparrow coat is the UU coat. While the color is too brown on it, the material texture/pattern is pretty accurate as well as the inner lining.

Considering his costume hasn't changed from OST other than a few add-ons (extra belt, knife, knuckle tattoos etc) it makes sense that this has some reused parts. Not really sure what ppl were expecting, or why folks might of been expecting brand new everything :dunno No reason to make brand new stuff when it was done so well on DX06.

They haven't "redone" him though. This isn't Jack Sparrow in OST 2.0...this is Jack Sparrow in DMTNT...

Yet another DX Ledger Joker would be a 3rd DX from the same movie AND their 6th figure of 1 character from the same movie...it's almost as bad as all the Leto Joker's being made from Suicide Squad when he only had a few minutes of screen time compared to other characters that were in the majority of the movie.
Ledger was a way better Joker though and it's been years since the 2.0. Leto's have all come in the past year, probably because HT thought he would sell just as well as Ledger. I just think the most valuable/coveted figures should be revisited from time to time. It would give collectors a second chance on figures they missed and be easy money for HT.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If anyone has a dx06 for sale let me know

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I got it, but I sold my DX06 years ago and I'm looking to get DX15 to replace it.

--

Overall, my favorite coat from a figure I've owned was the Medicom, as far as right out of the box. Black is not at all the right color but looked so much better overall on the figure, with the old MMS Jack I eventually swapped him onto an HT Slim body and used the Medicom coat instead for a kit bash, before DX06 came out.

I don't know why, but HT seems to struggle with certain wardrobe elements. It took 3 Ledger Jokers before finally getting the right shade of purple. We're on our third Jack Sparrow and this is the best coat from them yet, but still not there.

Good news is, it's very easy to modify the color, at least DX06 was. I was able to do this just dry brushing with paint.

6763255457_2b522262c5_b.jpg

This time around I might try to get more brown into the gray to get it more accurate, but I was happy enough with it. In most shots and images, if I were to label it a color I'd sum it up as gray. There's a cool documentary about Jack's wardrobe on the Dead Man's Chest DVD which talks about the unique qualities of his coat, but you also get a good look at it on a rack in wardrobe, not tinted by cinematic lighting and effects.

I'd prefer a more grey colored coat to offset the browns.

The pictures from secret base do look better and really digging the rooted hair. I just don't know if i'll get this or not just because I sold the 06 for some of the reasons this one has taken which the likeness is iffy. I'm also hoping the hands arent so huge. The paint work and clothing do look excellent and the base is cool but a little too big prefer the wheel.

Ordered, so excited... even though I own DX06, lol.

Glad to see them bring the DX line back! While I'm sure the paint app on this will be better just b/c of the number of yrs since the last.. I think I'll stick with the dx06. Might pick up a separate base at some point tho as that looks fun.

Preordered! Im not much into 1/6 figures anymore but had to get this. Finally put the 33 bucks in rewards ive had these past few years to good use :lol

Preordered! Used some rp and knocked it down to 140! Totally worth it!

Back