Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

They're both great.

I think the new face sculpts capture his current likeness, however many years after the DX06 was released. Johnny's face has aged some so I can totally understand why some will like the younger sculpt of the DX06 better.

old one looks better, i can see johnny depp in the old HS. New one kinda.

View attachment 342087

I thought the DX line was dead. Selling DX06 was one of my biggest regrets, so might get this one.

Not that I would sell my dx06, but this doesn't tempt me to either. I think it needs some work and the base is just bad imo. The ship deck with wheel is phenomenal and I actually own a second one that I got from toyanxiety, so I'm set either way.

DX06 heads had a great likeness, but there is something about them that doesn't feel as lifelike as some of today's portraits and that was really the only place to enhance upon DX06...

I agree and I think that has to do with the lack of paint apps on the DX06. The figure was mostly fleshtone plastic with hardly any paint applied in the flesh/skin areas.

On another note, I hope there's more detail on the neck/check area than the DX06. it was all just smooth plastic with no paint detailing save for a few of the "freckles" HT used to do a lot.

day 1 pre order for me!
im glad they finally brought back the DX line!
it was soo special when you opened up one of those!

Smirking face looks like a forced smirk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Looks fantastic but not enough differences for me to double dip. I'll stick to my original Jack.

Looks pretty cool. Not something I think I would buy but tempting.

I agree and I think that has to do with the lack of paint apps on the DX06. The figure was mostly fleshtone plastic with hardly any paint applied in the flesh/skin areas.

On another note, I hope there's more detail on the neck/check area than the DX06. it was all just smooth plastic with no paint detailing save for a few of the "freckles" HT used to do a lot.

Since it doesn't show in the movie, sadly HT keeps skipping the Sparrow tattoo on his arm but I wish they'd included it, Medicom did.

We'll see how production turns out, but I like that his sash looks dirty, usually they come quite clean looking. I notice there are a number of new trinkets on his belts, I'm most curious about the hair strands, whose are they, or will we be left always wondering, is it another favor from a mistress like the lace around his left hand perhaps.

I'll definitely be getting this since I don't have the dx06.

The only thing I'll say is I think his face is way to skinny and there is something wrong with the shape of his lips

But overall awesome

Hot Toys DX Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

This definitely looks awesome and will preorder right away. I quite like the diorama base but always wish they would include a normal stand as well. Also, I too think the smirking sculpt is a miss, hopefully that will get tweaked before release. I did always want a DX06 too though so I might start keeping an eye out for a good deal on one now. But I expect the paint apps on this to blow that older figure away once people can compare them both in hand.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm in for this Depp figure.

I got into the 1:6 hobby a couple years after the original DX06 was issued and by then, the prices had skyrocketed.

The base of the original DX06 was better though. This new base looks kind of cool but in terms of practicality, it does not appear an ideal fit on my display shelves.

It looks good, but surprisingly similar to the DX06.

I like the real hair, but I hate that the beads are still a solid piece of plastic, instead of real individual beads on a string like the Elder Predator.

It seems that HT is reusing a lot of parts of the DX06.

The base is awesome, and so is the costume, which looks more or less the same as the DX06. I'm not sold on this figure yet...maybe because Ii have the DX06, so it feels like buying the same figure :lol

Hopefully this opens the door for another Jack from the first two films. :pray:

One nice improvement over DX06 is the use of regular fabric for the coat lining, I wasn't too fond of the shiny material used on the DX06 coat.

Rooted hair looks terrible. Why? There's not any reason to use rooted hair on this one.

Rooted hair looks terrible. Why? There's not any reason to use rooted hair on this one.
It looks friggin great! I added hair to one of my DX06s. Glad A HT did it. Adds so much more realism to the figure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Back