HOT TOYS - DX15 - Batman Returns KEATON BATMAN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now Stormtroopers. My hope for Catwoman and Penguin is dwindling quickly.

They'll have their time in the spotlight soon enough.

Obscure Alex Murphy gives me faith in Penguin, Catwoman, Kyle Reese, Boddicker, colonial marines etc.

I don't think this is the "real" suit used in the film, just look at the abs, they look too small...
Yeah, it's a only stunt suit, but it was used. And the cowl is a prototype which they are unaware of.

Interesting to see what singular solid color they went with for the stunt belt though...
zijzzBz.jpg

Here's another photo of an un-WB sanctioned/modern restoration suit in the AFI Showcase on display at Disney World in the fall of 2013.
0PcI0h7.jpg

Is he wearing the BR nikes?

89 buckle & capsule as they appear 20+ years later in a non corporate collection. Apparently the actual belt part has become totally discolored?
iHxZjXg.jpg
C4JAY78.jpg

PtVupnM.png
rbWhR0b.png

It's impossible to match the right colour of the belt...

BTW, I hope you're right DiFabio and we'll see Penguin and Catwoman some day...

Yeah but we know it's never vibrant yellow in images that aren't low quality scans that are poorly printed, faded, saturated etc.
tumblr_n8xtwbmevn1r7sijxo3_1280.gif

They are probably scratching their heads looking at all the different versions of the glider cape...
attachment.php

1zu1z87.png
GliderMini.png
GliderCape.png

4YYOj3W.jpg

The Returns suit may not be my favorite suit from the 7 movies, but damn if that cowl doesn't have the best features/sculpt.

Returns cowl is,

- smoother, not as rough
- ears aren't curved, straighter/sharper
- neck straighter
- temples, neck, and collar bone are sharper and more defined
- brow area much more angular and "angrier"
- different shaped eyes
- chest symbol (duh)

Basically it's a refined, sleeker version of the '89.

Returns cowl is,

- smoother, not as rough
- neck straighter
- different shaped eyes
- chest symbol (duh)

:goodpost:I really appreciate the way you write about figures, the close observation of small details, and the way you employ these to describe the figure in a way that's appropriate to the character ('angrier'). Thanks.

Yep.
It was a very cool redesign. All these little changes made him much more fearsome looking.
That and lots of unique accessories - the only reasons why I'd want to buy BR figure.

:goodpost:I really appreciate the way you write about figures, the close observation of small details, and the way you employ these to describe the figure in a way that's appropriate to the character ('angrier'). Thanks.

Thanks.

Yep.
It was a very cool redesign. All these little changes made him much more fearsome looking.
That and lots of unique accessories - the only reasons why I'd want to buy BR figure.

I'm sure the increased budget helped too. Not that '89 Batman look is bad by any means, it's just the costumes, special effects and cinematography are a huge leap forward with Returns. It's like the various departments upped up their A-game and produced some a pretty sleek looking film.

While I'm not too keen on Batman Returns script, it's one of the best looking films on Blu-Ray. Everything is so sharp and good looking, especially DAT CATWOMAN.

I remember seeing that for the first time and going, "WTF?".

The cowl looks like it's totally bullet proof with how sharp and shiny it looks, kinda like an Oscar statue, then he just rips the thing off like it's a rubber band! There had to be a better way to shoot around that. Maybe just a trick cut away shot of Selina or Shreck's expression? I dunno.

Watchmen's Nite Owl is the only one to get the "Batman mask-off" effect right.

Returns cowl is,

- smoother, not as rough
- neck straighter
- different shaped eyes
- chest symbol (duh)

And most likely $100 more!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back