Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A humble photo contribution. Not the best quality by any means, but I'm sharing mostly for the background I printed and stuck behind it...just a random steel mill photo I found. I also prefer giving him a gimpy left foot too...I think it adds to the overall "damaged" feel. I'll hafta bust out my professional camera later and take some nice shots. I'm really lovin' this figure!

photo-1.jpg

tumblr_maooeqYIjm1qzcgluo1_1280.jpg

again - no metal jaw in lower wound.
...though nothing can be said in that light. i remember it had metal there, but the makeup photo several posts above has none.
and a good photo for those who said that the endo eye didn't move, though it looked in different positions in different scenes.

but I'm sharing mostly for the background I printed and stuck behind it...just a random steel mill photo I found.
great idea for making photos.
i wonder why HT just doesn't make some hi-end prints for that purpose exactly. they use them anyway for their advertising pictures.

What i wonder is even back then the writer thought of nano technology and incorporated it in principal (or so i assume). How else could t1000 completely rise from the ashes. It essentially means no dedicated Brian, processor etc. each molecule is capable of role definition and orchestration. Remarkable. I am not well read in terminator stuff so am just assuming above was the case. No punches pls, i ain't made of steel ... ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It essentially means no dedicated Brian, processor etc. each molecule is capable of role definition and orchestration. Remarkable.
i don't think it was assumed to have every molecule capable of everything. i guess only the full amound of body mass had full functionality, like it's not enough memory cells for higher decisions in a small piece. otherwise a piece of a hook shot off (in pescadero escape scene) would just turn into a little T-1000 and still kill Connor. or T-1000 would turn into 10 himselfs, hollow inside, and search the city faster.

Lucky. If I may ask, was it expensive? I really want to travel, but want to do it on a budget.

I travelled round the world during 2005-2006, Went to Malaysia, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and The USA. I brought a round the world air ticket valid for 1 year it cost me about £1500, which is great value when you think about it. I mostly stayed in hostels on my travels, great times :panic: but then I had to get a job when I got home. :thud:

tumblr_maooeqYIjm1qzcgluo1_1280.jpg

and a good photo for those who said that the endo eye didn't move, though it looked in different positions in different scenes.

great idea for making photos.
i wonder why HT just doesn't make some hi-end prints for that purpose exactly. they use them anyway for their advertising pictures.

I need to look at the film specifically to check this with the eye. There was definitely some shots where the endo-eye was looking straight ahead while Arnie's remaining human was turned. They could easily have gotten away with just having a non-moving eye and explained it with the head impact damaging the mechanism. There was no need to have it turned in one scene and then non-movable in the next, drawing attention to the make-up limitations.

Agreed on the backdrops, pity they don't include what they use in the promo-shots.

i don't think it was assumed to have every molecule capable of everything. i guess only the full amound of body mass had full functionality, like it's not enough memory cells for higher decisions in a small piece. otherwise a piece of a hook shot off (in pescadero escape scene) would just turn into a little T-1000 and still kill Connor. or T-1000 would turn into 10 himselfs, hollow inside, and search the city faster.

You also have to ask how the T-800 is able to sneak up on the T-1000 when he has Sarah pinned to the wall. Evidently he really can only see with his eyes. So yeah not every part of him can do everything.

Lets discus this problem I always had with T2.

When John and the Terminator are working on the truck talking about Johns father (Reese). Terminator says you will meet him in the future or something along those lines. How is that possible when Reese died in 1984? That changed the future from that point. So how the hell would he just happen to be back to life again in the future?

That part never made sense to me. I think James Cameron got confused with the whole time travel thing.

Lets discus this problem I always had with T2.

When John and the Terminator are working on the truck talking about Johns father (Reese). Terminator says you will meet him in the future or something along those lines. How is that possible when Reese died in 1984? That changed the future from that point. So how the hell would he just happen to be back to life again in the future?

That part never made sense to me. I think James Cameron got confused with the whole time travel thing.

John has the line ''he hasn't even been born yet...messes with your head''. Just because future Reese came back to the past and died doesn't change the fact that somewhere out there his parents will be ****in' and he will be born.

John has the line ''he hasn't even been born yet...messes with your head''. Just because future Reese came back to the past and died doesn't change the fact that somewhere out there his parents will be ****in' and he will be born.

I still don't see how it's possible tho if he died in 1984 just after John was conceived. So there are 2 Kyle Reeses? The one from the future gets sent back to 84. He dies. That should be it then. I can't see how there would be another Reese out there somewhere again. When he dies in 84 that will alter the future from there. There shouldn't be another Reese available. Lol

I still don't see how it's possible tho if he died in 1984 just after John was conceived. So there are 2 Kyle Reeses? The one from the future gets sent back to 84. He dies. That should be it then. I can't see how there would be another Reese out there somewhere again. When he dies in 84 that will alter the future from there. There shouldn't be another Reese available. Lol

Yes. When he goes back to 84 there are two Kyle Reeses. The one that died and the one who isnt born yet. The Kyle Reese of the past was born in the future. It's still all one guy. If Kyle was to go back to a time when he was still alive and find himself, he would meet him.

I thought this was pretty clear in the movie, imo ?

Yes. When he goes back to 84 there are two Kyle Reeses. The one that died and the one who isnt born yet. The Kyle Reese of the past was born in the future. It's still all one guy. If Kyle was to go back to a time when he was still alive and find himself, he would meet him.

I thought this was pretty clear in the movie, imo ?

Alright I think I got it now. I always had a problem with that. I never thought they explained it very good in the movie.

I am not saying every part can do everything at the same time, technological term stem cell of sorts) every part is capable of doing similar function - the role has to be defined at any given instance. Testimony to that is when t800 punches him, he gets trapped in t1000s hands. Basically the molecules reverse roles and hence its possible for them to instantaneously replicate any single function and or form. Thats the reason he is able to fix himself up when his head is donatized (for a lack of word).
Bottom line any molecule in his body can play any role or function. Not multiple functions at the same time, hence he is not a set of 1000 eyes when t800 sneaks up.

You also have to ask how the T-800 is able to sneak up on the T-1000 when he has Sarah pinned to the wall. Evidently he really can only see with his eyes. So yeah not every part of him can do everything.

Refer my answer above... ^^^

Watched the film last night and realized I really goofed on the position of his hand in my first attempt :slap. Here is my second attempt..

" NO....There is still another chip..and it must be destroyed! "

If the T-1000 succeeded in killing young John then the presumed effect is that John no longer exists in the future. But an adult Reese arriving to the past from the future (and dying) is a different scenario. His being there does not change the fact that his child self will still be born (unless, like Marty McFly, he manages to inadvertently interfere with his own birth)

Refer my answer above... ^^^

Speaking of John's line ''messes with your head'', just trying to wrap ones mind around the T-1000 and how he works does exactly that same thing too.

Back