Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ I managed to miss that completely. I like what Guyver's doing with the specific moments. I'm lying awake at night dreaming about being able to do these things justice myself. I could copy the poses alright but I don't want to half-*** it without the background blacked out and without proper lighting.

The endo-eye photographed well there. Its actually too bright in person. Maybe Guyver had it on for a while and it faded down a bit? Or that's just how it photographs no matter what.

^ I managed to miss that completely. I like what Guyver's doing with the specific moments. I'm lying awake at night dreaming about being able to do these things justice myself. I could copy the poses alright but I don't want to half-*** it without the background blacked out and without proper lighting.

Do you have a tripod?

The endo-eye photographed well there. Its actually too bright in person. Maybe Guyver had it on for a while and it faded down a bit? Or that's just how it photographs no matter what.

You're correct! I actually was positioning the camera for the shot making sure I had him in the hunched position like the movie and I had to make sure her hair was in the proper spot. Anyway when that was done I noticed the led started to fade dramatically and I said..crap I better shoot it quick, then I said to myself..wait this might work out after all in that scene, the endo eye was kind of faint ( sort of ) anyway so I went with it. :lol

FYI what I noticed is that when the endo eye got faint I shut it off waited awhile I modified and posted this pic and then I turned back on..guess what blinding red in my eyes again.

I wonder if HT did a thing like the EB 1/4 version while the endo shuts off by itself with this just becoming faint forcing you to shut it off and then wait to put it back on.

Last edited:
You're correct! I actually was positioning the camera for the shot making sure I had him in the hunched position like the movie and I had to make sure her hair was in the proper spot. Anyway when that was done I noticed the led started to fade dramatically and I said..crap I better shoot it quick, then I said to myself..wait this might work out after all in that scene, the endo eye was kind of faint anyway so I went with it. :lol

It worked great Guyver, the eye looks really good in your pic :clap

You're correct! I actually was positioning the camera for the shot making sure I had him in the hunched position like the movie and I had to make sure her hair was in the proper spot. Anyway when that was done I noticed the led started to fade dramatically and I said..crap I better shoot it quick, then I said to myself..wait this might work out after all in that scene, the endo eye was kind of faint anyway so I went with it. :lol

It looks the business when it fades down but the usual over-brightness was a minor disappointment for me actually. Everyone in video reviews compliments the eye like as though it was a surprise inclusion where my main thought was ''too bright as usual, sure wish they'd watch the film''. :gah::lol

I love the light-up endo eye, such a cool feature. It is pretty bright though, I'm not bothered by it.

:lol I don't think I'd ever leave it on long enough to find out. I've only had it on for about a minute or so each time.

Welcome back Snoop :clap You get this guy yet?

Thanks bro. Yes sir. Just haven't had time to chat with you guys about it yet until now. :lol

My quick thoughts:

I've had this figure for a few days now and though it's been said a lot in this thread(and this forum for that matter), this truly is one of HT best figures. Everything about it has impressed me, the tweaked headsculpts, paint work, the PERS, all top notch work by HT. I've been so mesmerized by the figure I haven't even taken the t-1000 statue out of the box yet lol.

If the T-1000 succeeded in killing young John then the presumed effect is that John no longer exists in the future. But an adult Reese arriving to the past from the future (and dying) is a different scenario. His being there does not change the fact that his child self will still be born (unless, like Marty McFly, he manages to inadvertently interfere with his own birth)

Speaking of John's line ''messes with your head'', just trying to wrap ones mind around the T-1000 and how he works does exactly that same thing too.

I knew you guys in here could straighten that part out for me. That was always the one part of t2 I wasn't sure about. In T1 I think they explained the time travel stuff a little bit better. And also in Back to the Future it was explained alot better.

Thanks bro. Yes sir. Just haven't had time to chat with you guys about it yet until now. :lol

My quick thoughts:

Its a superb figure really. I've brought up my nits but the truth is I'm pretty much losing sleep over how good this figure is. I'm staying awake stupidly late looking at it.

No. That's another thing, so many pictures I take look fine on my viewfinder but then when I upload them I discover they are blurry.

You can find them pretty cheap, if you're looking to get fancy with photos I'd suggest one cuz the sorts of home lighting you can use for the shots you're aiming at will be too dim for the camera settings without a tripod.

Back