Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to buy this figure.

Not sure my waitlist will convert for the EX.

39115703_ffc4dab263.jpg

Honestly, Kip would be a much better "infiltrator" design than Arnold or some other weight-lifter.

Plus he'd have great sounding lines: Come with me if you want to live, jeeez.

Honestly, Kip would be a much better "infiltrator" design than Arnold or some other weight-lifter.

Plus he'd have great sounding lines: Come with me if you want to live, jeeez.

I always thought that. Or at least one that's a little more inconspicuous rather than ripping peoples guts out outside on the sidewalk. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I always thought that. Or at least one that's a little more inconspicuous rather than ripping peoples guts out outside on the sidewalk. :lol

That's one aspect of T1 and T2 that has never really made sense. Surely a Terminator should be avoiding killing randomers. Surely creating a trail of dead people will draw police attention and potentially hinder it from completing its main objective. Forget John screaming at you for reasons you don't understand, killing the Jock dudes 'does not help our mission'. Why the hell was he willing to do that:huh

That's one aspect of T1 and T2 that has never really made sense. Surely a Terminator should be avoiding killing randomers. Surely creating a trail of dead people will draw police attention and potentially hinder it from completing its main objective. Forget John screaming at you for reasons you don't understand, killing the Jock dudes 'does not help our mission'. Why the hell was he willing to do that:huh

Terminators were programmed to slaughter people, I don't think they would reprogram the system when trying to slaughter john conners

Terminators were programmed to slaughter people, I don't think they would reprogram the system when trying to slaughter john conners

I shouldn't be a matter of reprogramming really. The mission is of paramount importance and the machine's own AI should be able to determine what it should and shouldn't do in order to complete that objective as efficiently and as quickly as possible. Killing people it doesn't need to kill should be ruled out on account of the unwanted attention it could bring which would delay or even jeopardise the completion of the primary objective.

In T2 the T-800 is capable of making decisions like ''we should not go back to your foster home; we absolutely should not go anywhere near Sarah Connor; we should not attempt to take down Cyberdyne'' and he even says this - ''we need to get out of the city immediately, and avoid the authorities'' - not killing people would be one way of avoiding the authorities and yet he was willing to kill the Jocks for no particular reason. So that seems inconsistent.

You also have to wonder did no one care about poor Officer Austin? He's lying dead under a bridge and his squad car is stolen. How is it there seems to have been no attempt by the LA police to find his killer? Especially when that killer is driving a stolen police car. Was the T-1000 giving regular radio reports in Austin's voice? What about when he never returns to the station? No one gets suspicious?

And why doesn't the T-1000 keep different human disguises constantly as a strategy so the T-800 never knows who to look for? Why does he keep reverting back to his identifiable default appearance?

So there's a few things that don't make sense if you are bored and let yourself think about it. :lol

Last edited:
lots of good points a-dev! i just think the t1000 knows it can own the t800 (which it kinda does, esp in hand to hand) so he doesn't bother much with disguises.

Last edited:
if by the jocks you mean those people who tried to help john and john told them to piss off? i think it's to protect him. staying away from sarah and cyberdyne is to protect john which is his primary goal. bringing him there will get him in danger i'm guessing.

and they needed to keep reverting back to robert patrick or there would not be a recognizable nemesis and why pay him to act in just small cameos too.

I think I'm done editing the above post. That just kept getting longer and longer.

A-dev, I thought of all those. Its fun to pick out things like that to have nerdy conversations.

Another is why did the T-1000 waste all that time crushing T-800s arm in some gear ....and then later beating him up with a pole when he gets loose. :lol Why not just use one of your blade arms to chop off his head or stab him in the face/head destroying his chip?

Forget John screaming at you for reasons you don't understand, killing the Jock dudes 'does not help our mission'. Why the hell was he willing to do that:huh
(...)
not killing people would be one way of avoiding the authorities and yet he was willing to kill the Jocks for no particular reason.
i always thought that it was a direct attack in presence of "mission" - Connor - that caused the cyborg to counter-attack.
also T1 didn't kill anybody in the place he settled, killing only while striking the mission target, changing his identity between strikes.
totally agree with other points though :)

A-dev, I thought of all those. Its fun to pick out things like that to have nerdy conversations.

Another is why did the T-1000 waste all that time crushing T-800s arm in some gear ....and then later beating him up with a pole when he gets loose. :lol Why not just use one of your blade arms to chop off his head or stab him in the face/head destroying his chip?

I think the reason is that t1000 metal was not as strong as t800 metal. While he had all the kewl stuff the base steel in my view was stronger for t800 ... Thats the only reason i can think of. His ability was his limitation...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dag nabbit!
I've been looking at all of the great shots and reactions in here to this....but trying to convince myself I shouldn't get this then....BAM!

These AWESOME shots show up and...thwack! :slap

I'm in....ordered tonight.

Beautiful shots of what looks like a damned stunning figure....

Wow, thanks very much, really appreciate it! :hi5:

Glad my pics helped you order this and yes, it is a damn stunning figure :exactly:

Congrats.

Reminds me of Tommy Lee Jones there lol. Mainly around the eyes. Fantastic photos! :wave

:lol

Thanks very much :duff

I think the reason is that t1000 metal was not as strong as t800 metal. While he had all the kewl stuff the base steel in my view was stronger for t800 ... Thats the only reason i can think of. His ability was his limitation...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would think T-1000s metal is at least as strong as the metal or steel rod that he impaled the T-800 with.

Back