Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll slow down soon enough. And then we can resume normal services wondering where the **** Police Station Shootout T-800 is. :D

Oh yes... Where is it? Someone pls announce dx 15 already, i am buying way too much stuff and last thing i want is that dx15 will be another character which i would buy multiple of and go broke. Grrrr....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You can find them pretty cheap, if you're looking to get fancy with photos I'd suggest one cuz the sorts of home lighting you can use for the shots you're aiming at will be too dim for the camera settings without a tripod.

I didn't realise a lack of tripod would have any bearing on how the camera detects light? I assumed tripods were purely for...well, not taking blurry shots!

I didn't realise a lack of tripod would have any bearing on how the camera detects light? I assumed tripods were purely for...well, not taking blurry shots!

I hope he means the same thing. Shakes and related issue. Not sure how a tripod could increase light capture by a lens. Its only for stability and resultant sharper focus.

Oh yes... Where is it? Someone pls announce dx 15 already, i am buying way too much stuff and last thing i want is that dx15 will be another character which i would buy multiple of and go broke. Grrrr....

Since you mention DX15 that reminds me I can now go back to 'not minding' if PS T-800 ends up being a DX - provided of course that the PERS on this figure isn't a lucky one-off.

Since you mention DX15 that reminds me I can now go back to 'not minding' if PS T-800 ends up being a DX - provided of course that the PERS on this figure isn't a lucky one-off.

I think they are getting better with pers. My personal view is if they dont give up on it, it will get better with each passing figure. Dont lose hope!...
This is the issue with this hobby. 5 years later the BD terminator we have now will be nothing compared to the version that will come then... $$$$ grrrr.... :)

So how does everyone feel about this look.

I saw what the EB version was trying to do with it and I was curious

This what they were gunning for on the EB version

^^^^ Like the first 3. The last one looks like he is going for a trekking expedition.

It's about shutter speed. Hand held shots that aren't blurry are typically because there is a very bright amount of light to capture. If you could see how bright camera flash really looked, you'd be shocked how bright it is. In these instances, the shutter can be fast which is what avoids blur. The blur effect is because a camera just reads light and when you bump it, it's detecting the light from new locations. A tripod lets the shutter be slower, but keeps the camera stable and avoids any distortion. A typical shutter speed for handheld is like 1/100 of a second, for some of the "artsy" shots I do using stuff like my PC monitor for a light source, I'm usually somewhere around 1/8 to 1 whole second. The longer the shutter is open, the more light it lets in, so when the light source is pretty dim, the shutter needs to be open more. Lights around the house that you think are bright are typically dim for a camera to shoot hand held.

It's about shutter speed. Hand held shots that aren't blurry are typically because there is a very bright amount of light to capture. If you could see how bright camera flash really looked, you'd be shocked how bright it is. In these instances, the shutter can be fast which is what avoids blur. The blur effect is because a camera just reads light and when you bump it, it's detecting the light from new locations. A tripod lets the shutter be slower, but keeps the camera stable and avoids any distortion. A typical shutter speed for handheld is like 1/100 of a second, for some of the "artsy" shots I do using stuff like my PC monitor for a light source, I'm usually somewhere around 1/8 to 1 whole second. The longer the shutter is open, the more light it lets in, so when the light source is pretty dim, the shutter needs to be open more. Lights around the house that you think are bright are typically dim for a camera to shoot hand held.

Which is what stability is. I think everyone knows the science behind shutter speed etc. the difference is stability. So if there are a set of stable hands (hypothetically) as stable as a tripod same resultant effect? Correct? ... I think we all understand why a tripod is used :)

Its a superb figure really. I've brought up my nits but the truth is I'm pretty much losing sleep over how good this figure is. I'm staying awake stupidly late looking at it.

Same here. :lol

Awesome pick up :yess: This thread moves so fast that I miss half the conversations in this place :lol

This thread does move ridiculously fast. I'm sure you have this figure already too, what are your thoughts?

Here are some of the pics I took the night I got mine in. Not the best but for now they will do until I get a new camera and I'm not going to be messing with him for a while. He's staying in the pose he is now so enjoy and more to come soon! Some of the poses and way I did him may not be accurate but was just having too much fun so didn't care at the time. Amazing figure just love him and totally recommend if you're on the fence. Hot Toys best figure to date! Too add great pictures in this thread got some talent here. :clap

15yugs6.jpg

2roj1ok.jpg

2q24ryh.jpg

I realized after I took some of these pictures I put the grenades in wrong. Fixed the issue.
o0ugxv.jpg

2lxfskn.jpg

2gsevpd.jpg

15s8pbl.jpg

296cf0i.jpg

2m2svmw.jpg

34spclk.jpg

Last edited:

Alright, I'll get a tripod in addition to black-out material and some kind of lighting rig. Although, considering my camera is getting on in years and there is visible dirt and marks on the lens (from being carried around in my pocket at times, its one of those little things) I should also be looking into getting a new camera anyway. I might ask you for further advice when I eventually do that.

Alright, I'll get a tripod in addition to black-out material and some kind of lighting rig. Although, considering my camera is getting on in years and there is visible dirt and marks on the lens (from being carried around in my pocket at times, its one of those little things) I should also be looking into getting a new camera anyway. I might ask you for further advice when I eventually do that.

Feel free to ask anything you want, always happy to help people with photos.

Same here. :lol

This thread does move ridiculously fast. I'm sure you have this figure already too, what are your thoughts?

Oh man, I almost missed you again :lol

Here are my thoughts on the DX13. I think it's the best HT figure to date. Only thing that could have made it better would be to copy EB hair, add a grenade launcher, & fully clothed 2nd Arnold body. That would have been epic :lol Not complaining and absolutely love this thing.

Here is my favorite hs pic that I took of him:

11224758166_13d36a96e3_b.jpg

Nice^

I like my little room. Its just messy as ****, has no proper display shelves/units and the main light is unflattering and possibly harmful in the long run to my toys.

:lol

I wasn't talking about your room.. You posted before I had a chance to. Haven't seen your room, but I doubt it could compare with this..

..ApemanRyan's room.. That one legged Cancan dancing lamp mixed with the Freddy memorabilia terrifies me. Very Twin Peaks. :lol

(nice pics though Apeman)

Here are some of the pics I took the night I got mine in. Not the best but for now they will do until I get a new camera and I'm not going to be messing with him for a while. He's staying in the pose he is now so enjoy and more to come soon! Some of the poses and way I did him may not be accurate but was just having too much fun so didn't care at the time. Amazing figure just love him and totally recommend if you're on the fence. Hot Toys best figure to date! Too add great pictures in this thread got some talent here. :clap

I realized after I took some of these pictures I put the grenades in wrong. Fixed the issue.
o0ugxv.jpg

2lxfskn.jpg

296cf0i.jpg

Back