Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is hands down the most impressive figure Hot Toys has put out if you ask me. :thud:

It is pretty much impossible to capture how awesome this thing is in-hand, put here are my feeble attempts...

It really does put the DX10 to shame, unfortunately.

Thanks for the stripping idea Fiend, what do you think of my clean up of both sculpts

8252092a-0716-4a7a-8d20-aba6d292a98c.jpg

Wow! Excellent photo. I thought it was the actual man himself. :clap

This is hands down the most impressive figure Hot Toys has put out if you ask me. :thud:

It is pretty much impossible to capture how awesome this thing is in-hand, put here are my feeble attempts...

My thoughts exactly. Only a few pictures in this thread have really captured the "awesomeness." It is an AMAZING figure in hand.

My thoughts exactly. Only a few pictures in this thread have really captured the "awesomeness." It is an AMAZING figure in hand.

Can't wait to get my hands on one then! My local shop hasn't gotten any stock yet.

And I'm still hoping for the ex to convert!

just picked em up from the post office
in my short time of collecting these figs, this is by far the best
the detail on this fig is amazing, the likeness of Arnold is spot on
my wife has a friend over and she couldn't help but to admire

honestly, I was kind of regretting this purchase due to the premium I paid and not being as big of a terminator fan as I am of superheros, but that quickly disappeared after getting him in hand

2 best hot toys imo

From the pics I've seen, this is def one of hot toys best. Not sure if I'd rank it higher than Jack sparrow, but I dnt have the dx13. But it's def on my want list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I usually just throw the figure on top of a speaker or leave it in the detolf and snap away, but I'm starting to feel the need to have a decent background. I was thinking about picking up some poster paper and using that for a backdrop in the near future. It can't hurt :lol

Just get some construction paper. That's what I use. I bought a bunch from Dollar General for a $1 each.

IMG_5858_zps4b711539.jpg

Also a good ''I know now why you cry'' hand if you have a young John figure.

Yeah, you're right. Two uses I didn't think of.

Nice pics there, Marf. I really dig this one.

Thanks for the stripping idea Fiend, what do you think of my clean up of both sculpts

They look good , man. :)

Debating if i should get two DX 13s or another DX 10 to use the parts on. What do you guys think?

Get another DX13. I mean if you're gonna be buying a whole extra figure anyway why buy a DX10 to use the extra DX13 head, it'd be inaccurate. You'll end up with spare heads but so what.

Get another DX13. I mean if you're gonna be buying a whole extra figure anyway why buy a DX10 to use the extra DX13 head, it'd be inaccurate. You'll end up with spare heads but so what.

:exactly:

Also the more I think about it the more I want a new revised clean T-800, they did such a fantastic job here on the DX13 it does make it harder to pose the older versions with it cause they just don't hack it likeness wise. It sucks cause I know its a long shot being as the dx10 is not an old figure:(

Yeah I was looking at the DX10 earlier and you really need to get those eyes in shadow for it to work in the front view. And from the side it was always a bit iffy.

I really hope they give it another go.

Yeah I was looking at the DX10 earlier and you really need to get those eyes in shadow for it to work in the front view. And from the side it was always a bit iffy.

I really hope they give it another go.

I think it wont happen for a couple of years. They have so many different versions they can mint before doing another one with similar accesories. So dx10 still will be a decent figure. I know its not as accurate as dx13 but for instance if they do another dx13 version 2 yrs down it will almost always be better than the current dx13 .. So... I agree with you but its a long shot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think it wont happen for a couple of years. They have so many different versions they can mint before doing another one with similar accesories. So dx10 still will be a decent figure. I know its not as accurate as dx13 but for instance if they do another dx13 version 2 yrs down it will almost always be better than the current dx13 .. So... I agree with you but its a long shot!

Yet ASAP would be the best time to get them both on the same level. If they wait a few more years maybe they'll have some new improvement which in turn will make us want a redo of the BD sculpts :gah:

The inconsistency between them is annoying.

Yea thats what I was thinking. I was gonna use the DX 10 for the swat scene. But I think I would prefer the extra DX13 for the highway scene or the steel mill.

Yet ASAP would be the best time to get them both on the same level. If they wait a few more years maybe they'll have some new improvement which in turn will make us want a redo of the BD sculpts :gah:

The inconsistency between them is annoying.

It's become so yeah, this line has been spread over 5 years or so starting with hamburger face and the first endo, if they could just get on the ball with the whole line like ironman or avengers, just pump out a complete movie line from T1 then T2. Having pieces from 2008 to 2013 there's just no displaying them together nicely, even figures a year apart seem light years different like the dx10-dx13.

Hopefully with the success of the dx13 they will have the motivation to get cracking and pumping out a complete line and stop with this one terminator figure every year or so:lecture

It's become so yeah, this line has been spread over 5 years or so starting with hamburger face and the first endo, if they could just get on the ball with the whole line like ironman or avengers, just pump out a complete movie line from T1 then T2. Having pieces from 2008 to 2013 there's just no displaying them together nicely, even figures a year apart seem light years different like the dx10-dx13.

Hopefully with the success of the dx13 they will have the motivation to get cracking and pumping out a complete line and stop with this one terminator figure every year or so:lecture

They wont do that :

Avengers: while a great movie they had to capitalize it at one go. Cause avengers 2, iron man, cap America has so many overlaps that it has to be done in one go to mint the line. No one will care 10 yrs ahead on 1 vs 2 vs cap am version vs iron man versions.

Terminator: they wont do one go cause its a classic and they would want to mint that for ever. The only way to do it is to have a cycle of new and obsolete kicking together every now and then. Else wont remain in cash cow domain... They will milk this for ever and rightly so...

Back