Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the EB one come with the broken arm as well? I lived how they did the paint on the sculpt and also that button behind the head for the light (of what I saw in pics)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Here's a quick vid I made showcasing the final scene of Terminator 2. Enjoy!

[ame]https://youtu.be/CoAVvnNg7Mk[/ame]

So, I noticed that it says two sculptors worked on it. I don't normally see that. Is that why this one took longer because they brought in a different sculptor?

There were two sculptors listed for the prototype, so that in itself wouldn't account for the delays, there are a number of reasons it could have been delayed. Can't say for sure if more than one sculptor was involved in the resculpting process. The reason why there were two sculptors in the first place is likely because one sculptor created the 'clean' version and the other took over to bd it.

Amen.

I agree. Unless they make a T2 young John Connor, no more T2 stuff. Atleast no more Uncle Bobs. I never want to see another clean Bob as long as I live. What they should do is make John and pack in a new clean head that's on par with the BD version and the grenade gas launcher. That would be ideal in my opinion.

Hot Toys needs to get their asses on Police Shootout/Tanker damage T-800, a new Endo and Kyle Reese. That's where their priorities should lie as far as Terminator goes.

Yeah, I really want to be done with Uncle Bob. Your idea is perfect but will never happen unfortunately.

I get less excited for each new re-release, re-hash type figure. Take the DX11 for instance. Great figure, 'superior ' to all those that came before it no doubt. But I wasn't half as excited for it than I was Bank Robber Joker and DX01.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

So for those that own the Enterbay BD t-800, how does the HT look in comparison?

Here's a quick vid I made showcasing the final scene of Terminator 2. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/CoAVvnNg7Mk

RRnhhqW.gif

Do you know what would have been a killer Exclusive besides the smoke grenade launcher? The endo arm in the glass casing. I've wanted one for a long time. I've seen a cool custom using the MMS arm but it's hard to find an appropriate glass cover.

I've had this figure for a few days now and though it's been said a lot in this thread(and this forum for that matter), this truly is one of HT best figures. Everything about it has impressed me, the tweaked headsculpts, paint work, the PERS, all top notch work by HT. I've been so mesmerized by the figure I haven't even taken the t-1000 statue out of the box yet lol.

Dude, I've been wondering where you were. You hadn't posted since, I think, September last I checked?

So, I noticed that it says two sculptors worked on it. I don't normally see that. Is that why this one took longer because they brought in a different sculptor?

And yet they still couldn't quite nail the hair. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but...

So for those that own the Enterbay BD t-800, how does the HT look in comparison?

Its pretty damn good. The facial sculpt is IMO pretty much as good as Enterbays. They got the hairline slightly wrong and the sculpting of the hair is a bit soft, doesn't convey the overall shape as well as it could (on their third attempt) but otherwise its as good as its gonna get IMO.

Might still give the win to Enterbay but they didn't do a semi-BD sculpt. For overall enjoyment factor HT wins.

What about parts of the T-1000 that flew off when the grenade exploded inside him? Surely not all of him landed in the molten steel. Ey? EY?

A-dev, there's actually really great comic books that depict things like the future war (with T1/T2 John Connor fighting the war, Skynet's defeat, having to send Reese and Uncle Bob back in time etc. etc.) and little loose ends like the T-800 arm being found smashed in the gears along with other evidence.

The Future war stuff was taken directly from the T2 scripts and added upon. When they go to get Uncle Bob after they've sent Reese back in time, they're in the cold storage room and some of the T-800 come alive and take out some of John's men. That'd be a really scary scene on film.

Back