Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, some slight reshaping here and there, added age line detail, better sitting pers, and a nicer paintjob makes for an Arnie headsculpt taken to a whole new level. It shows me even more that most of the issues with the DX10 head sculpt were due to substandard manufacturing, like they had switched factories and the DX10 was the first product to come from it, then HT had to turn around and whip them into shape. I've seen that happen before.

What would the DX10 look like if it was painted better and the pers sat better? The differences would still be there, but it wouldn't be so striking.

For me it makes the DX10's issues all the more annoying. I really would like to see a clean version 3.0 now.

Well boys this has truly been a fun event, all the waiting and waiting and waiting from the reveil to the po to the release and to this photo event has all been worth it. I can see that most are more than happy with the in-hand pictures and for good reason, this figure is something real special.

I can see with the reactions to the photo event this is going to be a sellout figure that will skyrocket in price over just a short amount of time. I hope hot toys produced a bunch cause it looks like demand is going to be high for this, its one of those figures that most collectors will have in there collection even if there not big terminator fans.

Now the next wait begins, for this bad arse figure to get to our homes:impatient:

:goodpost: I couldn't agree more buddy.

So the DX10 head sculpt is now taking a kicking, (rightly so in some aspects).

I wonder if the day will come along when the DX13 takes a kicking for a new superior head sculpt. Man this hobby is ruthless.

It does blow being across the pond, hopefully i'll get lucky.

If not i'll probably have to get my pants pulled down on evilbay.

I'll probably miss my chance getting parts for cheap. Problem is I don't know what spare parts I'm likely to want.

After seeing this, I just can't look at the DX 10 headsculpt the same way. The eyes on it are just horrid. These two are pretty damn close to perfection. It's like the best of the MMS 117 and DX 10 with great PERS. The gory battle damage just tops it off nicely.

Too bad Hot Toys couldn't just make a new clean head and sell it on it's own without a body or clothes or anything. It'd be great if they made John Connor and just included an updated clean Arnold headsculpt with him. I mean, everything is covered between the MMS 117 and the DX 10 so I don't really need another leather jacket, another shot gun, another rose box, etc. I have 4 clean Uncle Bobs, don't really want to buy another.

So the DX10 head sculpt is now taking a kicking, (rightly so in some aspects).

I wonder if the day will come along when the DX13 takes a kicking for a new superior head sculpt. Man this hobby is ruthless.

That day will come and it will be awesome too. It's a little annoying though that these companion pieces have such a gap in quality. They kind of messed up there. They should have offered a new clean sculpt with this set. That would have more than made up for it. Things like that never happen, though.

After seeing this, I just can't look at the DX 10 headsculpt the same way. The eyes on it are just horrid. These two are pretty damn close to perfection. It's like the best of the MMS 117 and DX 10 with great PERS. The gory battle damage just tops it off nicely

I'm moving soon so no point doing it now but when I do move I'll be going back to the shades on look with the DX10, never rated my current setup with the eyes exposed

Wow! Just blown away by how incredible this figure turned out! I was hopeful this would be the best entry yet in their Terminator line and I'm not disappointed :rock

That photo is undeniable proof that the head sculpt from the DX13 is a huge improvement over the DX10.

Have to agree... I figured it would be primarily a resculpt of the DX10, but it looks appropriately older and more detailed than the DX10.

In general I agree, but from certain angles with certain lighting it can look good. :lol I think my shots below turned out well and look like Schwarzenegger, unfortunately he doesn't look like that in person. I would never pose him without sunglasses, it just looks bad from most angles.

IMG_6949_2_small.jpg

You did an admirable job with the photos... sculpt looks great in these pics. But like you in hand I just couldn't get down with him as the T-800 from T2... but with some cammo and weathering I think it's a great Dutch :lecture

dutcha_zps03963ac3.jpg

And that's what I did with the DX10 I bought, stole a few parts (namely the head) and sold off the rest as I just didn't care for the figure overall.

Nature of the beast. Amazing the difference a whole year makes. One day it will happen.

Yeah that was were I was coming from. I agree as I said earlier in this thread that the DX13 head blows the DX10 head out of the water. It is just funny to see if one day we will reject the DX 13 head.

That day will come and it will be awesome too. It's a little annoying though that these companion pieces have such a gap in quality. They kind of messed up there. They should have offered a new clean sculpt with this set. That would have more than made up for it. Things like that never happen, though.

Yeah this is the first case I can think off that the difference in quality has really blown the previous version (head sculpt) away in just a short time between their releases.

I'm moving soon so no point doing it now but when I do move I'll be going back to the shades on look with the DX10, never rated my current setup with the eyes exposed

Yeah, my DX 10's have worn the sunglasses since day 1. I made the MMS 117's the Cyberdyne shootouts.

Back