Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I contacted HT, asking about making a new clean headsculpt to upgrade our DX10's with. I don't even expect a reply, but I figured why not.

They probably don't even know what a "clean headsculpt" means. I bet they reply, "we're sorry to hear about your dirty headsculpt, please take a figure of the photo and email us with your purchase information . . . unless you bought from anywhere besides Sideshow, then you're ****ed". If they reply at all.

They probably don't even know what a "clean headsculpt" means. I bet they reply, "we're sorry to hear about your dirty headsculpt, please take a figure of the photo and email us with your purchase information . . . unless you bought from anywhere besides Sideshow, then you're ****ed". If they reply at all.

Oh, I made sure not to call it that. I started typing "clean" and immediately realized what I was doing.

They probably don't even know what a "clean headsculpt" means. I bet they reply, "we're sorry to hear about your dirty headsculpt, please take a figure of the photo and email us with your purchase information . . . unless you bought from anywhere besides Sideshow, then you're ****ed".

"And we value your feedback, it is very important to us." :thwak

It really is just over a year since this thing was announced. I always say I wish I knew this back then, I wouldn't have gotten so hyped.

OMG said:
T2211_zps22ed19ed.jpg~original

Fooking hell look at the difference :slap

As far as new Terminator figures go, I think I'd rather them focus all their efforts on a Police Shootout T1 and an Endoskeleton (Kyle Reese and young John god willing). After seeing this guy and how cool he turned out, I can't even fathom how cool a T1 battle damage figure would turn out.

In reality, they're never going to just give us a clean head by itself. Having to buy another $250 figure, a "DX Enrique version" would be nonsense. Other than a gas grenade launcher and a better regular head on par with this DX 13, Uncle Bob is done.

As far as new Terminator figures go, I think I'd rather them focus all their efforts on a Police Shootout T1 and an Endoskeleton. After seeing this guy and how cool he turned out, I can't even fathom how cool a T1 battle damage figure would turn out.

In reality, they're never going to just give us a clean head by itself. Having to buy another $250 figure, a "DX Enrique version" would be nonsense. Other than a gas grenade launcher and a better regular head on par with this DX 13, Uncle Bob is done.

Quoted for truth.

A Police Shootout/BD Tanker truck figure would be a nice surprise for the next Terminator figure from Hot Toys. :pray:

a-dev how did he turn out for you?

Pretty damn good.

Probably easier to point out my gripes

-hair sculpting isn't the best, could do with being a bit more choppy/uneven in places (although at least its not puffing out anywhere in a stupid-looking way)
-head/neck connection still seems to be awkward with gaps if you tilt the head
-jacket a bit bulky
-Broken stock on M79 looks badly done
-chest damage is still inaccurate, unchanged from the proto I think

I think that's it. Everything else, phenomenal.

Oh, man. Photos have gotten me all excited. Yay! :D Worth the year-long wait.

As far as new Terminator figures go, I think I'd rather them focus all their efforts on a Police Shootout T1 and an Endoskeleton (Kyle Reese and young John god willing). After seeing this guy and how cool he turned out, I can't even fathom how cool a T1 battle damage figure would turn out.

Oh, it's not done. This character will be revisited time and time again until everyone who grew up watching T2 is long dead.

May the next new Arnold come with a big, goofy grin.

This. It's time for a modern high end Police Shootout T-800. THE Terminator.

Pretty damn good.

Probably easier to point out my gripes

-hair sculpting isn't the best, could do with being a bit more choppy/uneven in places (although at least its not puffing out anywhere in a stupid-looking way)
-head/neck connection still seems to be awkward with gaps if you tilt the head
-jacket a bit bulky
-Broken stock on M79 looks badly done
-chest damage is still inaccurate, unchanged from the proto I think

I think that's it. Everything else, phenomenal.

Glad to hear it.

I can't argue with any of those points a-dev but Hot Toys has done a top notch job with this one and I think everyone will proudly display him in their collections.

Back