Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sold out about a month ago I believe. I PO'ed day one. :rock

Metwo metwo!:dance I was thinking about picking up another but guess thats that. Most anticipated figure of the year here,even beat out Hulk and MKVII,two of my most wanted HT figures. Now if we could just get these suckas shipping like now,like 5 mins ago.:gah:

Metwo metwo!:dance I was thinking about picking up another but guess thats that. Most anticipated figure of the year here,even beat out Hulk and MKVII,two of my most wanted HT figures. Now if we could just get these suckas shipping like now,like 5 mins ago.:gah:

Come on HT...hurry!!!!
AAAAC6PLM44AAAAAAUjdrA.jpg

Yea the eyes defo do look a bit more squinty, the paint app is lighter too by the looks of things, less tanned like the dx-10 and more of a pale pinkish tone, which suits the battle damaged scenes in the movie.

I'm really looking forward to this figure, but due to money being tight I'm going to most likely going to have to sell my DX 10 to help fund this. I don't feel too bad, cause when I got into collecting in march I had always intended on the BD t800 over the DX 10 but I saw a great deal on it I couldn't pass up.

WxSvt.jpg

It's all the same except for a degradation in quality from casting and mass production. I know people who don't like the DX10 don't want to believe it, but even without directly comparing the two, one should understand that no company in their right mind would flush money down the toilet by creating a new sculpt of the same character with the same neutral expression after just having done so. I'm just dumbfounded that people can't seem to understand that part reuse is done as often as possible by any and all toy companies, since it is observably true in all companies' products. Sculpting and tooling costs $$$ so it is avoided at any and all opportunities. It's just the way it is. They made the DX10 and the DX13, one built off if the other. The DX13 can only come out looking different if they have resculpted it behind the scenes or have upped the quality in manufacturing.

I agree.. ultimately.

Btw - those comp shots aren't great for a mirror comparison; angle, light etc.

I didn't say the heads were different, but there are subtle differences in the eyes.. I think.

It looks a bit different to me. :dunno
It looks refined, at least the eyes. Or at the very least the casting process is different. It doesn't look like the DX10 proto or the factory DX10.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I hope the paint apps end up looking at least close to the prototype. If it ends up having that tan Purple lips look that the DX10 has, then I'll send it right back. :lol

I might've asked this already guys - just out of curiosity (& me being an Aussie), what's a good US price for the DX13 over there?

The cheapest I can get one locally at the moment is about $340AUD.

It looks a bit different to me. :dunno
It looks refined, at least the eyes. Or at the very least the casting process is different. It doesn't look like the DX10 proto or the factory DX10.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Well, the dx10 proto was thrown out so neither would look like it. We never saw the revised dx10 proto but it more than likely looked exactly like the dx13 proto minus the battle damage.

I've posted this probably several hundred times and the only counter argument is basically, "I think it looks different, therefore it is." Any differences one can see (between 13 proto and 10 production), well, I've explained why enough times. It's the toy business. I'd start thinking I'm being trolled here, but I see it's not just this thread where people can't seem to accept/understand proto vs production and part reuse.

If anyone has an explanation why the DX13 would be a different sculpt, I'm all eyes. Hell, I'd love to see someone explain the process.

I might've asked this already guys - just out of curiosity (& me being an Aussie), what's a good US price for the DX13 over there?

Aussie $ stings .. Ouch . I got mine including shipping to NZ for $330 usd

Well, the dx10 proto was thrown out so neither would look like it. We never saw the revised dx10 proto but it more than likely looked exactly like the dx13 proto minus the battle damage.

I've posted this probably several hundred times and the only counter argument is basically, "I think it looks different, therefore it is." Any differences one can see (between 13 proto and 10 production), well, I've explained why enough times. It's the toy business. I'd start thinking I'm being trolled here, but I see it's not just this thread where people can't seem to accept/understand proto vs production and part reuse.

If anyone has an explanation why the DX13 would be a different sculpt, I'm all eyes. Hell, I'd love to see someone explain the process.

Bulls eye!

With tax comes to the same thing. Without tax 304 to 314 usd. Live in california - its sucks to pay such high taxes.

Sounds like I'm not missing out too much by rushing to use SSC etc - never have / will anyway.. prefer to stay local.

I was going to try & use one detolf for my 80s icons stuff.. but it'll be pretty cramped.

I might need two; one for Terminator / RoboCop, & one for the Alien / Prometheus/ Predator stuff. :)

I will probs have two

One posed with the not so damaged head holding the Assault rifle, maybe kneeling like Arnie was on the hood of the Tanker when he was shooting the t-1000 up.

601px-T2JDColtCommando-18.jpg

Then the other with the really damaged head and torn out endo arm. I will put the grenade launcher in his good hand :lol ,and try and see if I can get him in a convincing crawling pose.

601px-T2JDM79GL-11.jpg

Last edited:
I'm displaying mine in "search mode" with the handgun and M-79 when they first enter the steel mill.

Back