Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If in doubt - buy em all

tumblr_m6s1t8vZaP1rx9wyto1_250.gif

You know what's sad?

When I use google chrome as my browser, gifs tend to get ****ed up. I have trouble seeing animated smilies, gifs, and signatures (for instance, my sig freezes up).

Well I saw a-dev's post and all I saw was this,

joker_zps018df3f3.jpg

But, needless to say, I knew it was the Joker sliding into frame at Vicki Vale's apartment just by the shot, ceiling and lighting fixture alone.

Never rub another man's rhubarb.

And never go full rhubarb.

Come on folks, this thing is gold! Arnie's exoskeleton actually looks like it's beneath the skin instead of a makeup application on film. Don't let the minor quibbles turn into giant festering tumors of undying internet zombie rage.

I've been seeing alot of off the wall comment on this figure, like it looks like justin beaber and what not, non of which are warrented, just said to ruffle feathers I think.

No, it looks too damned young!

And we all know it's not going to be fixed. I bet even the incorrect mechanical details won't be fixed.

The problem is 1/6 scale, they tried to give him details to show his T2 age with MMS117 and the result made him look too old. While Arnie was older in T2, the lines and things that gave him his age in the movie are subtle at full size. From what I gather, DX10 features these lines as obvious as you can make them before you start crossing into the too old territory. I just don't think you'll ever get a perfect looking 1/6 T2 Arnold portrait with what details you need. You have to get around 1/4 scale or larger to start depicting him properly for the era.

With a few minor tweaks i think this will be the best figure Hot Toys has produced, having said that Enterbays 1/4 BD version is as accurate a HS as i have seen, cant wait for it to arrive. :impatient:

Re: HOT TOYS T2: 1/6-scale DX T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version)

Does'nt look to young to me, figure does however look totally bad@$$ though, for those that see cute farm pigs and justin beaber I would lay off the acid:cuckoo:
305922_10151123439757344_1161934040_n.jpg

The problem is 1/6 scale, they tried to give him details to show his T2 age with MMS117 and the result made him look too old. While Arnie was older in T2, the lines and things that gave him his age in the movie are subtle at full size. From what I gather, DX10 features these lines as obvious as you can make them before you start crossing into the too old territory. I just don't think you'll ever get a perfect looking 1/6 T2 Arnold portrait with what details you need. You have to get around 1/4 scale or larger to start depicting him properly for the era.

You might be onto something there. Does anyone complain that Enterbay's T-800 looks too young? No. Of all the complaints I've seen and made myself the apparent age of the figure has never came up. And comparing it to the DX10 it has no extra wrinkles that the DX10 doesn't have.

You might be onto something there. Does anyone complain that Enterbay's T-800 looks too young? No. Of all the complaints I've seen and made myself the apparent age of the figure has never came up. And comparing it to the DX10 it has no extra wrinkles that the DX10 doesn't have.

Im wondering if its not the PERS that is given that more "younger look" appearance from pics. Which is lost when you view it with the naked eye. I think the eyes could have a little more squint to them and it wouldnt give that "innocent doe eyed look" which in turn makes him look younger...? I dunno :lol

Im wondering if its not the PERS that is given that more "younger look" appearance from pics. Which is lost when you view it with the naked eye. I think the eyes could have a little more squint to them and it wouldnt give that "innocent doe eyed look" which in turn makes him look younger...? I dunno :lol

It could be that but mainly I think its the smoother and shinier look that recent sculpts have - that thing your nemesis Rorywan was going on about. :lol Until I got DX10 I didn't know what he was talking about but he was right. There is less physical skin texturing on new HT figures than there was when they put out MMS117. Nowadays, other than the most noticeable lines and veins on a persons face they aren't sculpting in any other detail, only painting it on as freckle-type stuff for want of a better way of saying it.

:dunno I don't think the mms117 looks too old. Its better at capturing his age, while the dx10 is the better sculpt because its not so squashed looking. Though I don't own the dx10, I think the sculpt has a cartoonish quality in most pics.

Back