Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:dunno I don't think the mms117 looks too old. Its better at capturing his age, while the dx10 is the better sculpt because its not so squashed looking. Though I don't own the dx10, I think the sculpt has a cartoonish quality in most pics.

I hated a lot of my shots of MMS117 because of how old he looked with the wrinkles showing. Not like super old, but probably a good 10 years older than T2.

5625358856_03d5e8a479_o.jpg

The lines around his mouth and above his nose from the brown line especially.

Like I said, I think you need to get into a larger scale where you can work in subtle details like the lines around his mouth to look like he did in the move and not like when he got older, they were there but you didn't see them all the time, MMS117 showed them pretty much all the time.

7349915572_5093803e50_o.jpg

I get what you're saying now, but I think things like wrinkles are much more noticeable in pictures than they are in person. Those two pics of yours really show how much better EB's looks.

I get what you're saying now, but I think things like wrinkles are much more noticeable in pictures than they are in person. Those two pics of yours really show how much better EB's looks.

Well that's exactly why some of the criticism of these pieces seems like whining and such, it's one thing when it's a fairly noticable detail that even sitting on your desk a foot or more away from you will make a piece look off, but when it's something so small that only a blown up photo can show it off, then unless you're out to make photo art with a piece, what does it matter. The small stuff matters to me because I do my photography and I want the best images I can get, but if it weren't for that, there's a lot of small things I could care less about because you won't see them from far away.

Of everything "off" with MMS117, the body proportion was the only thing you could spot from afar, in fact I found it more noticable the further away you got, up close he looked better. DX10 fixed that issue, now DX13 rolls with that improvement.

No matter what age the portrait on the figure looks like, on a shelf, I have no doubts DX10 looks like a littler Arnie because his features are done right, even if the details are soft.

With so many photographers on the forums now, people are getting so used to seeing blown up images of these figures that they often forget the real thing is half the size of the photo or even less.

Thats another thing though, if the paint apps aren't up to par when this comes out , (soft paint apps) I'll send this b**** right back. :lol Theres no way in hell the paint should be getting worse with increasing prices.

Last new Hot Toys figure I got was Keaton Batman, and that was something special, I have no idea what their quality is like these days.

Last new Hot Toys figure I got was Keaton Batman, and that was something special, I have no idea what their quality is like these days.

Me neither, I havent bought any of their figures in awhile. Keaton Batman and Nicholson Joker were my last HT, though I have the DX12 on order, so I guess Im going to find out.

Im wondering if its not the PERS that is given that more "younger look" appearance from pics. Which is lost when you view it with the naked eye. I think the eyes could have a little more squint to them and it wouldnt give that "innocent doe eyed look" which in turn makes him look younger...? I dunno :lol

This all day! I owned both, sold DX 10 after comparing the two and I was still partial to the mms117. Like Indy and the DX Bats, I think the PERS takes away from the genius of the sculpt.

Hopefully, this fig doesn't suffer from the same issue because I don't plan on selling it.

Yep. It looks nicer in the DX13 shots though since it is the prototype.

Ive heard a few people say that it's the same, but it looks much better than the DX10 imo. I know it is just a prototype, but the sculpts look much different. The DX13 is much more squnity eyed. But this may just be because its a prototype vs final product.

1211101000dc965bf2ae58a3dd.jpg

up_22.jpg

It certainly has more in common with the DX10 sculpt than the MMS117. And I consider that a good thing.

Yeah for sure, The DX10 is a huge improvement over the mms117. I just think the DX13 looks slightly different.

Arnie was quite squinty and intent throughout the steel mill, I would imagine they made these 2 sculpts to reflect that. It's likely Yulli did all 3 at once so they will look alike enough you might think they just altered the DX10 sculpt. I do think both DX13 heads may be from the same base Arnie sculpt an damaged accordingly to keep them consistent.

Arnie was quite squinty and intent throughout the steel mill, I would imagine they made these 2 sculpts to reflect that. It's likely Yulli did all 3 at once so they will look alike enough you might think they just altered the DX10 sculpt. I do think both DX13 heads may be from the same base Arnie sculpt an damaged accordingly to keep them consistent.

:exactly: definitely, that just makes the most sense for these updated Arnie sculpts. I am very excited about this release, but do hope they change up the BD to resemble the EB version, which is closer to the movie.

I would argue that his brow is still a little too high and less frowney than it should be. He is very calm looking.
I love that figure but i think that is helping him in a bad way to look smoother.

Ive heard a few people say that it's the same, but it looks much better than the DX10 imo. I know it is just a prototype, but the sculpts look much different. The DX13 is much more squnity eyed. But this may just be because its a prototype vs final product.

1211101000dc965bf2ae58a3dd.jpg

up_22.jpg

Soft light vs harsh light. Bad comparison.

Back