Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$300 is a lot. But for what you get in this set and the way this hobby is going: fair enough.

This is the best piece I own. Hands down. Even my Ma said that this trumped EVERYTHING I've had in my collection...and she doesn't even 'get' this hobby. :lol

I must be nuts:cuckoo:..I think $300 for what you get here is very very reasonable. HT has me...no doubt about it

It's a great set, but is priced too much. Could have done without the T-1000.

I hadn't visited this thread for ages so when I opened mine up I was shocked to see the T-1000 statue. I then realized that the detailed sculpt was the exclusive. Somewhere along the way I thought the statue itself was the exclusive :lol

But yeah agreed. Completely unecessary considering how many looks are already available for the T-1000. Plus don't forget the whole purpose of a "DX" figure was to milk us even further. Adding BS gimmicks and whatnot.

Oh well, at least the DX packaging is pretty :D

ydvy.jpg

thgf.jpg

oha3.jpg

jx89.jpg

finally here! Just in time for Christmas

Dude, you continue to paint this forum with posts that make it clear that you have no clue about how the gears of the custom world turn, and what customs are all about in general. :ohbfrank:

…and people wonder why scamming is such a big problem.

I hadn't visited this thread for ages so when I opened mine up I was shocked to see the T-1000 statue. I then realized that the detailed sculpt was the exclusive. Somewhere along the way I thought the statue itself was the exclusive :lol

But yeah agreed. Completely unecessary considering how many looks are already available for the T-1000. Plus don't forget the whole purpose of a "DX" figure was to milk us even further. Adding BS gimmicks and whatnot.

Oh well, at least the DX packaging is pretty :D

It's so sparkly on a black shelf.

Dude, you continue to paint this forum with posts that make it clear that you have no clue about how the gears of the custom world turn, and what customs are all about in general. :ohbfrank:

I'm just now starting to look at acquiring custom figs, almost bought a beto bettlejuice
But, if you don't mind me asking, would you elaborate on your comment above?
Thanks

And to me, and my limited time with figs, the dx13 feels custom due to all the great detail put into it

Why do people get so sensitive. I spent money on a custom. I felt it definitely does not deserve 550 bucks shipped. I dont see for that level of sculpting and accessories i would spend 800 to a 1200 for dx or full sets whatever they are. Some that are priced as full set for 500-600 are great and iminime hovers around that, which is a great price point for the awesome sculpts they are coming up with these days. Just awesome. But anything which is not a full figure, costs 500 plus, and looks average, to me is a big spend. I am not saying they are bad, all i am saying is they are just not good enough for the price. FOR ME.

I would love to see a custom guy make a dx13 like figure with similar accessories. My view probably would be 5000 usd a piece.

Lastly, i am not painting any thing on any forum, we are all here for our passion. If i dint like something - i dint. I ain't gonna say it any other way to make some "custom world" people happy! ...

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Why do people get so sensitive. I spent money on a custom. I felt it definitely does not deserve 550 bucks shipped. I dont see for that level of sculpting and accessories i would spend 800 to a 1200 for dx or full sets whatever they are. Some that are priced as full set for 500-600 are great and iminime hovers around that, which is a great price point for the awesome sculpts they are coming up with these days. Just awesome. But anything which is not a full figure, costs 500 plus, and looks average, to me is a big spend. I am not saying they are bad, all i am saying is they are just not good enough for the price. FOR ME.

I don't know. Why does it generate so much hype? Like it was oscar/emmy academy awards from people in their own home or bedroom.

How does a little head that only from a handful of die hard followers would know, warrant those prices for unlicensed work. If you took this to copyright and such lawyers, you'd probably find all this illegal. So how do those prices justify it? It's unlicensed. Yet some people pony up everytime.

So, last night my wife said she had to get me one more thing for Christmas. Since we have a joint bank account, I saw that she spent money at a bookstore. I think I know what it is. Hint: a Terminator book.

Back