Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, I wish I hadn't cancelled mine. I always knew it would be a stellar figure. Why do I never have enough money when I need it?:monkey2

Damn, I wish I hadn't cancelled mine. I always knew it would be a stellar figure. Why do I never have enough money when I need it?:monkey2

There's always the returns version. Which we should be hearing more about fairly soon. I always preferred that suit, ever since I was a kid.

There's always the returns version. Which we should be hearing more about fairly soon. I always preferred that suit, ever since I was a kid.

Though I will happily spend money on the RETURNS version of the suit, the '89 version is still my head-and-shoulders favourite. It just reminds me of how BATMAN used to look to me in the comics more than the armoured version. I think this heavily and obviously armoured costume removes alot of the mystery of the character of BATMAN. When the Joker's thug prods him in the torso - after having thought that he'd shot and killed him - only then does he realise that he is "...human after all"

So it weighed a ton, it was a ***** to wear, it was fragile and expensive and neither Keaton nor the stunt men could hardly move in it (nor remove it to pee), it had a killer look and captured the essence of the BAT perfectly...so a huge round of applause to HT for transferring all the visual impact of him perfectly in the 1/6 scale.

Though I will happily spend money on the RETURNS version of the suit, the '89 version is still my head-and-shoulders favourite. It just reminds me of how BATMAN used to look to me in the comics more than the armoured version. I think this heavily and obviously armoured costume removes alot of the mystery of the character of BATMAN. When the Joker's thug prods him in the torso - after having thought that he'd shot and killed him - only then does he realise that he is "...human after all"

So it weighed a ton, it was a ***** to wear, it was fragile and expensive and neither Keaton nor the stunt men could hardly move in it (nor remove it to pee), it had a killer look and captured the essence of the BAT perfectly...so a huge round of applause to HT for transferring all the visual impact of him perfectly in the 1/6 scale.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I actually completely agree with everything you said, there's something totally classic about it as it was the first thing of its kind really. But returns was my favourite movie as a kid and I just adored everything about it, the whole look and everything. So it has a certain nostalgic feel for me, even more so than the 89 movie. But both are classics and huge parts of my childhood.

Hey guys,

I am new here and seen these pics floating around the net, wondered if you knew where I could get myself one of these awesome figs to go with my Batman? He needs someone else to fight :D

batman_returns_skull_thug_by_sean_dabbs_fx-d4brssa.jpg

red_triangle_gang_by_sean_dabbs_fx-d52s0ji.jpg

could anyone point me to the right page where it has a tutorial on how to fix the cape? Damn I love this figure and fixing the cape will make him perfect :D

Hey Guys

I ve seen these pics floating around the net and wondered if anybody knew where I could pic one up - he would look fantastic with my Batman :)

batman_returns_skull_thug_by_sean_dabbs_fx-d4brssa.jpg

red_triangle_gang_by_sean_dabbs_fx-d52s0ji.jpg

I cant get my figures arms up to hold the cape up and out

The arms dont seem to want to move much

I also cant get the cape to lay flat

HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS CAPE LOOK GOOD?

and is it a bad idea to raise the arms up anyways due to increased pressure on the rubber?

I cant get my figures arms up to hold the cape up and out

The arms dont seem to want to move much

I also cant get the cape to lay flat

HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS CAPE LOOK GOOD?

and is it a bad idea to raise the arms up anyways due to increased pressure on the rubber?

I made a post few pages earlier about the cape. As for raising the arms, you have to raise the arms forward towards you first at a 90 degree angle then twist the elbows backwards to pose him expanding his cape.

Dude, this and Joker are always up for sale in the Commerce section. Really good prices too. Way below retail. I know batfreak had his up for like $215 shipped along with Joker, Supes and Indy. All the same price.

Back