Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re-watched the 89 film last week. It's still got it.. Sure, there are a couple of cheesy moments, but it's a bloody classic. Keaton and Nicholson are awesome.

After, I just stared at the DX09 and DX08 for awhile. Nothing creepy though. Just borderline.

Then, on Saturday night, I tried to watch Batman and Robin. Had to turn it off. Wow. I'd forgotten how bad it was. (*shakes fist at Schumacher*)
Seriously, why in the name of Gotham City, does the opening scene feature the crotch/ass shots??

... And don't even get me started on the batsuit having nipples. #%$@&!!!

I find myself popping in the 89 film to watch about every other month or so. There's just something about it where I don't really get sick of it and always find myself wanting to watch it every once in a while. Great movie.

Lol I went through the same thing in September. Not to star a war, but those burton movies do have some batman "magic" that Nolan failed to capture in the last two movies. Batman Begins had it though. The Gotham City in Burton's movie was so special, and I believed that Batman was a product. Nolan's films kind of had to convince us that it was possible...I don't know which I prefer. Nolan did the "Anycity, USA" whereas Burton had Gotham City. But when I think Gotham I think Burton

Agreed, but I think the narrows in Batman Begins conveys "Gotham City" on par with the first Batman and better than the whimsical wonderland Burton typically uses, and used, in Batman Returns.

Lol I went through the same thing in September. Not to star a war, but those burton movies do have some batman "magic" that Nolan failed to capture in the last two movies. Batman Begins had it though. The Gotham City in Burton's movie was so special, and I believed that Batman was a product. Nolan's films kind of had to convince us that it was possible...I don't know which I prefer. Nolan did the "Anycity, USA" whereas Burton had Gotham City. But when I think Gotham I think Burton

Burton's Gotham City and it's people are in a fantasy world and the atmosphere matches it. Wonderful stuff.
Nolan's movies are in a more realistic world (at least the illusion of one) and comparing both directors takes are impossible and pointless. Both are classic.

Agreed, but I think the narrows in Batman Begins conveys "Gotham City" on par with the first Batman and better than the whimsical wonderland Burton typically uses, and used, in Batman Returns.

Oh yeah I forgot about the Narrows! I kinda hoped it would be in the Arkham City game

There are only 3 issues I have with it,

- PERS panel on the back of the head (function & aesthetics)

- No alternate gold/mustard brown belt like the prototype had (small nit pick)

- It shouldn't be a 1 piece rubber suit, it could have been more like the DX 12 with a under suit with segmented armor plating over it (accuracy)

That's all I see. If that panel wasn't there, I'd forget about the belt and construction of the suit and say this was 100% perfection.

Your referance to the belt on the proto made me go back and look at the proto pics

337792_205448636183801_138228759572456_594684_8143177_o.jpg

337540_205448629517135_138228759572456_594683_56284_o.jpg

It did just strike me that the eyes didn't come out exactly like the proto on the final figure. They seem bigger and dare I say slightly more cartoony on the final release. One fears for the DX10 T-800.

I can't wait to see the next Keaton Batman (Returns armor version) . . .

Here's hoping they don't **** it up. Hopefully there isn't a PERS panel on the back of his head and he has a darker color belt. Make the suit/armor, gauntlets, boots accurate, throw in all the new gadgets like the new Batarang and the cape glider and give us a Bruce Wayne head sculpt and I'd say it'd be a home run.

It would compliment this version very well. Still not sure which version will stand next to the Batmobile.

Then there's also the 1/4 version of it which will no doubt be similar to the DX 12 and 1/4 QS 001 scenario.

I can't wait to see the next Keaton Batman (Returns armor version) . . .

Here's hoping they don't **** it up. Hopefully there isn't a PERS panel on the back of his head and he has a darker color belt. Make the suit/armor, gauntlets, boots accurate, throw in all the new gadgets like the new Batarang and the cape glider and give us a Bruce Wayne head sculpt and I'd say it'd be a home run.

It would compliment this version very well. Still not sure which version will stand next to the Batmobile.

Then there's also the 1/4 version of it which will no doubt be similar to the DX 12 and 1/4 QS 001 scenario.

Wanna bet? :lol

There are only 3 issues I have with it,

- PERS panel on the back of the head (function & aesthetics)

- No alternate gold/mustard brown belt like the prototype had (small nit pick)

- It shouldn't be a 1 piece rubber suit, it could have been more like the DX 12 with a under suit with segmented armor plating over it (accuracy)

That's all I see. If that panel wasn't there, I'd forget about the belt and construction of the suit and say this was 100% perfection.

That is this figure's best feature IMO, best figure so far to have PERS,best Batman figure so far from Hot Toys, can't wait to see the Returns version, wouldn't mind them reworking the PERS maybe like DX12 but, i'm fine with the hidden panel option all over again.

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I think the PERS is done extremely well on this figure. The eyes are fantastic. I just don't like the execution of the panel. It's the only unrealistic thing about it. For me, it ruins the aesthetics of the cowl.

Thankfully it doesn't ruin the portrait or the front of the figure, just parts of the profile and the back.

Then again, there is a plus to having the panel in the back, if something goes wrong it's easily accessible (I think Maulfan mentioned this too). I mean, what happens if the PERS gets damaged on the DX 02 or DX 12? There's no way to access it.

Back