Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my post on the subject:

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4677614&highlight=Cape+Mod#post4677614

I had some unnecessary steps in there...

And I still need to paint the inside. Has anyone besides Elvis done that yet?

Erm, yeah we discussed it a while back? I tried acrylic which worked well without making the cape too heavy.
A dark wash of acrylic does the job. I know Elvis was gonna try it but I don't know how he got on.

Shado has obviously done it now as well. You do need to be careful though, too much paint and the cape stiffens a little.

:dunno

I wonder how non water soluble ink would work?

because there is prospective to get a fade color...or a staining color,is not so fine have dyed hands touching your figure...
the most of the damage should be to lost the flexibilty of the cape..

Last edited:
Erm, yeah we discussed it a while back? I tried acrylic which worked well without making the cape too heavy.
A dark wash of acrylic does the job. I know Elvis was gonna try it but I don't know how he got on.

Shado has obviously done it now as well. You do need to be careful though, too much paint and the cape stiffens a little.

:dunno

Oh yeah, that was you.

It would be nice if at least one person would suggest a good water to paint ratio for this. :pray:

Ummmm...not to be offensive but I'm not really sure what you said here.

no prob Is my english I know:monkey2
I have tried to explain if you will use too colour for painting the cape, there is the possibilty the cape become too hard for handling and will lost his flexibility..and if you will use, too water diluited colour there is the possibility while you are handling your figure the cape could stain your hands..and the figure itself...I know I am not that good to write correct but I am trying to do my best sorry.:monkey2

I have tried to explain if you will use too colour for painting the cape, there is the possibilty the cape become too hard for handling and will lost his flexibility..and if you will use, too water diluited colour there is the possibility while you are handling your figure the cape could stain your hands..and the figure itself...I know I am not that good to write correct but I am trying to do my best sorry.:monkey2

I understood too. I think you are doing very well indeed to write in English when it is not your first language. Your worries are the one reasons that I have not tried this modification myself.

What a fantastic international community we have here!

It's all good bro :peace. I appreciate you trying!

I understand now that you are talking about paint but I'm talking about non water-soluble ink. I may try it on a small potion of mine.

Last edited:
Yep. It's all about angle. I made a video about that a while back...

I watched it way back in April or May or whenever it was, so I remember most of it, but it's still different when you're trying to do it for the first time yourself... it sits really deep into the cowl.

Such a nice figure... Very happy I got one.:yess:

I watched it way back in April or May or whenever it was, so I remember most of it, but it's still different when you're trying to do it for the first time yourself... it sits really deep into the cowl.

Such a nice figure... Very happy I got one.:yess:

Doesn't it come with the little black hook thingy? I've never changed mine since I bought it so I don't know.

Hey guys

Anyone know where I can get hold of this henchman from returns to go with my awesome batman? - he needs someone to fight :)

batman_returns_skull_thug_by_sean_dabbs_fx-d4brssa.jpg

red_triangle_gang_by_sean_dabbs_fx-d52s0ji.jpg

Back