Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4546.jpg

IMG_4542.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg

IMG_4553.jpg

Painted the bike myself. :)

I have yet to take pics of him with Batman. :slap

Well, the truth is I'm waiting for a Hot Toys Returns figure. Still should take some pics though...

Well if Hot Toys was telling the truth, we should see a reveal just in time for Christmas.

Next month should be pretty epic.

They specifically stated Batman and Penguin too, so there's that. They weren't vague about it. I forget what they said about Catwoman. Was it Spring? Can't remember.

I may consider a Batman Returns suit Batman depending on how it looks. It'd be pretty cool if it had the torn cowl from the end of the film with a Keaton head sculpt. The DX09 is a really nice figure too but for some reason I always sorta liked the Returns suit a bit more. Which is funny since I really don't like Returns as a film at all. I absolutely loathe Danny DeVito's Penguin.

I think the Penguin has potential to be one of Hot Toy's greatest figures, depending on how it's done.

It'll be pretty unique and I can just imagine how killer that headsculpt will be. Love him or hate him, I think it will make a great looking figure . . . unless they totally botch him up.

As for Batman, I assume it'll be fantastic if their '89 version is anything to go by. It should be just as good. I can't see it surpassing it though, but if it does! :horror

Then there's the 1/4 version of him to take into consideration. No matter how good it is, it'll be an insta pass for me. They better not include the Wayne head and torn cowl with the 1/4 but not the 1/6, that would drive me nuts.

I think the Penguin has potential to be one of Hot Toy's greatest figures, depending on how it's done.

It'll be pretty unique and I can just imagine how killer that headsculpt will be. Love him or hate him, I think it will make a great looking figure . . . unless they totally botch him up.

As for Batman, I assume it'll be fantastic if their '89 version is anything to go by. It should be just as good. I can't see it surpassing it though, but if it does! :horror

:goodpost:

Then there's the 1/4 version of him to take into consideration. No matter how good it is, it'll be an insta pass for me. They better not include the Wayne head and torn cowl with the 1/4 but not the 1/6, that would drive me nuts.

Insta buy for me! :rock

Best suit. Best film. Awesome villain. :pfft: :D
We all have different opinions I guess but I dunno, I liked it when I was younger but to me it just doesn't hold up well at all. Burton just went way too over the top with his goth crap and just made Penguin as disgusting as possible. It just doesn't work for me. Plus the whole story is just ridiculous even by comic book movie standards. It would have made a lot more sense if Shreck's and Penguin's roles were reversed with Shreck running for mayor and Penguin pulling the strings. I also don't like the way Catwoman was portrayed as being supernatural and all. Michelle Pfeiffer was (and still is) damn sexy in the role though.

Catwoman was not supernatural.
Kind of. Come on she pretty much should have died at least a few times throughout the film. There's even a line where she mentions losing one of her lives. It's ambiguous but to me it always came off that way at least.

It's ambiguous to the audience, though Burton and Daniel Waters (the writer) said she was not.

I'm of the mind that she was just lucky and always "landed on her feet". I don't think she was supernatural, she just had the will to survive after being put down all her life and had a thirst for revenge after what Shreck had done. The first time she falls through several awnings and into snow before finally hitting the ground. I believe that trauma triggered the Catwoman persona. The cats didn't put life back into her, they were hungry, starving homeless alley cats. That's pretty survivable and she comes back home a mess (and disheartened).

"Women. Nothing surprises me, Chip, except your late mother. Who'd have thought Selina had a brain to damage. Bottom line, she tries to blackmail me, I'll drop her out a higher window."

The second time Batman reacts to being stabbed under his armor and punches her off the roof. She falls into a construction truck full of building sand. The acid wound he gives her from the gadget tube inflicted more damage on her arm than the fall.

Third time is with Penguin when he feels betrayed and wraps the umbrella around her neck. She ends up falling a short distance through a skylight and into a flower bed (though some glass does cut her up, nothing life threatening though).

The ending is a bit hard to swallow though when she's shot several times by Shreck. I know they're just grazes on the arms and legs, and not as lethal as getting grazed in the face (like Bruce does which sends him to the ground) but it seems like a little much. Then again, I remember Shreck looking at the pistol in disbelief. It was underwater for a day or so (which would ruin the gun in real life), so I don't know. I don't really focus on that though because the performances by everyone in the climax is believable, especially Pfeiffer's.

:horror:horror

:monkey4

:thud:

Back