Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sell some of those extra Terminators and some Nolan Bat stuff to afford it.

Also, wedding money? WEDDING GIFT!?!

I think thats already been allocated to pay for the honeymoon.

I don't think I can bring myself to sell any Terminator stuff and I've already sold most of my Nolan Bats collection. Working on selling mostly aliens and predators now, or at least I will when I sort out a paypal issue and resume my FS thread.

Y'know the hilarious thing is I honestly think I could live without the 89 batmobile and just be happy having the figures if I didn't have the Tumbler. As a fan of both the Burton and Nolan films it just makes no sense to me to have one batmobile and not the other. And I think I could convince myself to sell the Tumbler except A) right now a second-hand one won't net me much because of the rerelease, B) With the cost of shipping I would have to limit myself to Ireland only and C) its one thing in my collection my other half doesn't want me to sell.

I can't wait to see the next Keaton Batman (Returns armor version) . . .

Here's hoping they don't **** it up. Hopefully there isn't a PERS panel on the back of his head and he has a darker color belt. Make the suit/armor, gauntlets, boots accurate, throw in all the new gadgets like the new Batarang and the cape glider and give us a Bruce Wayne head sculpt and I'd say it'd be a home run.

It would compliment this version very well. Still not sure which version will stand next to the Batmobile.

Then there's also the 1/4 version of it which will no doubt be similar to the DX 12 and 1/4 QS 001 scenario.

I would also go as far as saying that I need a rip offed mask to go with the Bruce Wayne head sculpt. I think the Returns version would be a more posable figure too.

I just received my Keaton batman from a seller on ebay who said it was new. I opened the box everything seemed fine till i tried to bend his left arm at the elbow and noticed it is either broke or has come out of the socket.

Any ideas how i can fix this? Im struggling to see where it needs to line up as i cant remove the clothing.

Thanks

I just received my Keaton batman from a seller on ebay who said it was new. I opened the box everything seemed fine till i tried to bend his left arm at the elbow and noticed it is either broke or has come out of the socket.

Any ideas how i can fix this? Im struggling to see where it needs to line up as i cant remove the clothing.

Thanks

Mostly, arms just pop back in. Be gentle and patient. Hold the upper and lower arm and slowly push them together.

Last edited:
I had this problem too. I bought it new and I'm not even sure if I did it myself. Now that I've read your post I don't think it was me. But when you're fussing with it, watch the gauntlets, because I definitely broke one off and had to glue it back.

The bad news: I can't tell if he's just really unposable or if I got the joint in because it can hold the arm bent but not as high as the other hand.

The good news: The best way to pose him is with the arms down anyway

BTW my cape is like super large and it points out like a tent, how do you get it to lie down on him like you see in some of the pics where its really draped over and no wrinkles? Iron it?

This is the exactly how mine is displayed, it took me a few minutes to replicate the cape.

View attachment 53651

My friend told me he wanted the cape to look like that, but can't seem to replicate it, I'll help him out when I visit him soon. So is this an isolated case? Anybody ever tried to make it look like the promo pic?

Anyway, here's mine:

img6290o.jpg

This is the exactly how mine is displayed, it took me a few minutes to replicate the cape.

View attachment 53651

My friend told me he wanted the cape to look like that, but can't seem to replicate it, I'll help him out when I visit him soon. So is this an isolated case? Anybody ever tried to make it look like the promo pic?

Anyway, here's mine:

[

better of the promo I think..
13092012071.jpg

13092012069.jpg

13092012057.jpg

1o1zf6.jpg

but there is a little sacrifice at all...

you must cut the linewire of the cape and remeve the metal wire inside.

If you don't want to cut it, you can take the cape off and lay it on a flat surface then concertina it like a fan with tight folds. Then pop it back on and take both front edges and pull them down tight.

That's what I did.

please let me know how its done

I'll do my best do describe. First of all, the method suggested many pages earlier of removing and folding the cape really works wonders, but it's time consuming and will not allow you to pose the cape further. The way I did it is that you can always do poses and revert to the promo pic in a manner of minutes.

First, you need to bend both elbows as to make it look like the promo pic. Bend the elbows heading outwards and flatten the fists to his thighs. It looks funny, but this gives the figure enough bulk for the cape to flow out.
View attachment 53696

Secondly, you'll need to pull out both sides of the cape to match the promo pic, but don't bother to precisely match the pic because you'll be revisiting this step later. Just let the wire expand for now.
View attachment 53697

Third, do multiple folds of the back of the cape and following that, do a one big fold to the figure's right (as seen in the pic). I found this to lock the cape where I wanted it to be.
View attachment 53698

Fourth, there will be more folds between the figure's legs. Pull them outwards towards you. Do as much as you want. I found this definitely locks the cape to look like the promo pic and makes it stays that way for a long time.
View attachment 53699

Fifth, time to revisit Step 2 to your liking and put a finger behind the figures elbow to give it shape (see the arrows in the pic). Repeat Step 2 and 3 as much as you desire and you'll see your figure turning out to be closer to HT's promo pic in no time! Done!
View attachment 53700

I prefer that neutral pose because something about how the cape looks in the promo pic just seems awesome. My friend runs a store and he asked me to posed it that way and I did it! So that means I've did the pose to two figures without fuss, I hope this guide helps you and I don't think you'll need to follow it exactly as described. Be creative and follow the wires first.

Last edited:
This is the only 1/6 figure thread i'll keep revisiting for additional pics.

Yeah, he's that good.

:lecture Same here.

Speaking of which, is this the only 1/6 figure you have left? :lol

Didn't you sell a ton?

I cut my liner out and mine still doesn't look like that. :lol DO you use a paper clip to get rid of the extra length. I must say BJ that you are an excellent futzer. Ive seen your other figs and they always look top notch.

Incredible work with the cape guys!! :rock

Mine looks NOTHING like those.. :monkey1 :lol

Same here. :lol

Anyway, I painted my stand. It still needs a bit of cleaning up but here it is.

IMG_2321.jpg

Back