Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't seen this come up before, but my belt is missing a capsule...

Trying to determine if it happened while I was coating the inside of mine, or if it's a QC thing. I'm leaning towards QC, only because the rest of the capsules seem to be on there really well.

Has anyone else experienced a missing belt capsule?

That's pretty weird. And a bummer. :(

Probably the best portrait shot of this figure yet. Usually pics this close are really unflattering to a figure, but not this one. I really disliked PERS . . . until this Batman.

Thank you sir. And I agree. Best PERS yet.

Usually I butt heads with you Maglor and you piss me off, but this thread desperately needed pics, especially now.

Same. Why is that?! :lol

Perhaps we will never know, forever doomed to an epic struggle of wills. :ohbfrank:

Don't want to sound like a polesquating ____er here but it sort of makes me mad that this figure went from "ooh, the best so far, must have" to "AWFUL, pass, cancel". I know the threat of oil is a big deterrent for most, especially after the DX 02 and Comedian debacle but I can honestly say that this is one of the best 1/6 figure I've ever seen. It isn't even a bias.

I don't know about others but this has a major presence on my shelf among my other collectibles. It has this serious attitude about it that's hard to describe. It's a shame that this oil scare occurred, a real damn shame. Hot Toys was so close to achieving perfection here. Oil or no oil, I think folks are missing out. My tune will change if/when this ends up becoming "Comedian bad" and it's a melting POS, but as of now, I can't imagine this not being in my collection. It's that good.

Gonna hope that mine remains dry like my DX 02. Not sure what I'm prepared to do if it starts to leak.

I agree.

I will be very surprised if this turns out to be as big as a disaster as the DX02 was. The DCD batch of the DX02, although not perfect, greatly reduced the problem. Although they should have it perfected by now, I don't expect them to take a step back to where they were with the first batches of the DX02.

Don't have a good camera but I've had a gooo

Spectacular.

This proves that not only cr0w can make the cape hang naturally with the appearance of 1:1 weight. :winner

Thought this was interesting. The reason why the used Nikes for Batmans boots.

"Can it be? Did Batman actually fight the Joker wearing 80s sport pumps? Believe it or not.., Yes. In 1989 Nike creative director for productive design Tinker Hatfield headed to London to build a pair of knee high bat-boots for Michael Keaton’s Batman (or 18 pairs to be precise). Basically they were black Nike’s with a boot on top. Batman ended in running shoes rather than heavy duty leather boots because WB had a deal with Nike who wanted-in on 1989′s biggest movie. Not wanting to have the Bat jump about the place in a Air Jordan tshirt, lead costume designer Bob Ringwood and his assistant Graham Crurchyard came upon a happy compromise whereby Nike would provide the Bat-sneakers. Check out Graham Cruchyard’s explanation below..,

“Warners have this thing going with Nike, [they asked] can you use any of their sportswear? I talked to Bob (Ringwood) and he said well 80s sportswear isn’t going to fit in with our 1940s look. And then it just came to us. Why don’t they make the bat-boots? They made the bat-boots from scratch based on one of their cross-trainers at the time. Michael (Keaton) and the stunt guys absolutely loved them”

batman-nikes.jpg

Even has the air bubble.

That is interesting. I had just assumed it was because the costume department was to cheap to make something from scratch. :lol

I was there for the midnight release of the video at my local blockbuster. I was the only one. The staff was happy when I showed up to pick up my video so they could promptly lock up.

:lol

Probably the best portrait shot of this figure yet. Usually pics this close are really unflattering to a figure, but not this one. I really disliked PERS . . . until this Batman.

Usually I butt heads with you Maglor and you piss me off, but this thread desperately needed pics, especially now. Don't want to sound like a polesquating ____er here but it sort of makes me mad that this figure went from "ooh, the best so far, must have" to "AWFUL, pass, cancel". I know the threat of oil is a big deterrent for most, especially after the DX 02 and Comedian debacle but I can honestly say that this is one of the best 1/6 figure I've ever seen. It isn't even a bias.

I don't know about others but this has a major presence on my shelf among my other collectibles. It has this serious attitude about it that's hard to describe. It's a shame that this oil scare occurred, a real damn shame. Hot Toys was so close to achieving perfection here. Oil or no oil, I think folks are missing out. My tune will change if/when this ends up becoming "Comedian bad" and it's a melting POS, but as of now, I can't imagine this not being in my collection. It's that good.

Gonna hope that mine remains dry like my DX 02. Not sure what I'm prepared to do if it starts to leak.

Damn that's well said.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Perfect PERs/faces demo

His PERS are purrrrrrrrrrfect. :lol

Hey I'm new to the boards and this will be my first Hot Toys Figure! I was just wondering if Corner Store Comics was a good site to order from? I have my Bats preordered from BBTS but its not in stock yet. For $3 more I can order it from CSC. Is there any advantage to ordering from either site or are they both good and reliable? Thanks!

both CSC and BBTS are great sites to order from, i've never had any trouble with either but i ususally order all my stuf from CSC.

Stunning. This...I'm sorry but oil or no oil this has to be the one of, if not, the best figure HT has done.

Alter Ego is saying they will have bats in stock by Next Wednesday (April 4th). I haven't heard about the rest...

:rock I can hardly wait. It feels like the waiting has been forever

Usually I butt heads with you Maglor and you piss me off, but this thread desperately needed pics, especially now. Don't want to sound like a polesquating ____er here but it sort of makes me mad that this figure went from "ooh, the best so far, must have" to "AWFUL, pass, cancel". I know the threat of oil is a big deterrent for most, especially after the DX 02 and Comedian debacle but I can honestly say that this is one of the best 1/6 figure I've ever seen. It isn't even a bias.

I couldn't agree more. Sometimes the PERS on the DX01 can make him look mighty cartoonish.

I'm with you on the whole oil thing too. I feel like the people who are cancelling are ones that can do without an 89 Bats on his shelf...I am not one of those. I've wanted this for a long time and as far as I'm concerned HT delivered. I think it's too early to say either way as far as the oil thing goes. I don't think it's freak out/ cancel time yet BUT it would also to be foolish to see it as nothing of importance. Like you I'll deal with the situation when and if it arrives.

Mine finally got deliveried yesterday, and is perfect and no oil. He looks amazing! Just got to get the cape to hang right

Back