Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just too bad HTC doesn't like using the actual Keaton cape, would look even cooler to have the leather texture too.

I spoke with them on Facebook this past Sunday and they said in 10 days (April 4th)...Man - either AE can't read a calendar or they are getting jerked around.:dunno

But hey - sooner is better - I'm not complaining

I hear ya. They told me earlier in the month that Bats would be in by the 3rd week of March and Joker could come as early the end of March first week of April. I really don't expect Joker until first part of May now (though I didn't ask). Retailers are really getting shafted by Hot Toys as many collectors, including myself would just rather buy from SS and not deal with all the delays:impatient:

Oh I just noticed the cape now that you mentioned it! Agreed. No need to replace the cape with a non-leather one

I only picked up on it cuz if you look back at all of HTC's photos, 80% of them are with an alternate cape. It looks fine, but, I've seen plenty of folks fold the actual DX09 cape over the figure shoulders and it looks great, I don't see much need to replace the stock cape on this figure, HT really did an impressive job.

Fabric on it makes me think of the kenner figure? with the plastic clip around the neck.

Fabric on it makes me think of the kenner figure? with the plastic clip around the neck.

Haha yeah, I hated those damn capes, those rings around the neck would often tear through the fabric and get lost too

I hated them too, but for me, it was mainly because all the figures had nicely done cowl sculpt work on the body, and then the cape is going over that. Even as a little kid, it bothered me cuz I knew the cape was supposed to come out from under the cowl.

I kept the cape off this figure most of the time for that reason.

021612_2.jpg

I used to make my own capes and super glue them on where they belonged then use an exacto knife to trim the edges so it looked right.:wink1:

Commercial brings back fond memories of watching 89 on VHS as a kid every time i see it, one of the few times i haven't minded a commercial to sit through before a movie plays.

LOL!! Never seen that commercial! I guess because we never had western channels on my tv back in those days

I don't recall it ever on TV, but it was on the VHS for 89 in the states, this is what came before the movie.

[ame]https://youtu.be/4Wx2PhdTDps[/ame]

I have one of those cool bat-logo mobiles that can be seen in that video. They were store displays used for advertising the film.

Batman made a visit to one of the Hello Kitty rooms in the house.

I'M BATMAN
DSCN1631.jpg

WAIT, PINK?
DSCN1716.jpg

PINK...
DSCN1709.jpg

WTF!
DSCN1708.jpg

DON'T BITE ME THERE!!
DSCN1704.jpg

Hello Kitty-1 Batman-0

Like me, he never even had a chance.