Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What people who cancelled their orders are imagining...
Whoever created this pic has a good sense of humor. :lol

unled2bo.jpg

Still trying to replicate some of the capes I have seen and it's turning into a tedious task!!! how do you guys have your arms setup? I noticed they tend to bulge the cape a lot. I tried to move the gauntlets facing back, and trying to get them perfect....

I think most people just use a super glue like locktite. Someone mentioned that for a day or two, the curing process releases a white gas that can give a white tint to dark surfaces. So, if you use it to glue the magnet back in, be sure to let the face plate dry for a couple days before using it on the figure to be safe.

I wonder if Hot Toys could tell us what glue they used if we asked. I want exactly what they used, just to be safe.

I think the problem isn't the glue they're using, just that it's not enough.

I think most people just use a super glue like locktite. Someone mentioned that for a day or two, the curing process releases a white gas that can give a white tint to dark surfaces. So, if you use it to glue the magnet back in, be sure to let the face plate dry for a couple days before using it on the figure to be safe.

Locktite is a good glue. That's what I use. It's tough to get magnets to stay even with the proper amount of glue though. The nickle plating makes them very slick and the glue has trouble adhereing to it.

Locktite is a good glue. That's what I use. It's tough to get magnets to stay even with the proper amount of glue though. The nickle plating makes them very slick and the glue has trouble adhereing to it.

Wonder if you could scuff it for a better bond. That works for paint anyway.

apologies for not digging through the whole thread, but what's the secret to getting the cape to hang down straight like that?

Still trying to replicate some of the capes I have seen and it's turning into a tedious task!!! how do you guys have your arms setup? I noticed they tend to bulge the cape a lot. I tried to move the gauntlets facing back, and trying to get them perfect....

I took the hands and gauntlets off mine - makes the cape sit a lot flatter down the sides

Back