Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nostalgia for a lot of folks, myself included. It doesn't hurt, either, that it's an awesome collectible. For me, Keaton is the definitive Batman which is funny because he was considered such an odd choice back in '89.

Every new release is the "best figure ever".

Though, I'm kind of astonished how many collectors and fans are interested in this figure. I guess I didn't really think there would be such a demand outside of the fan base, especially with the modern Batman collectibles out. I've seen discussions and excitement on other message boards that aren't even dedicated to 1/6 figures. Plus the sheer amount of pics and reviews (articles and video) for this was quite overwhelming. It's like everyone came out of the woodwork to talk about this figure.

I know the enthusiasm was high for the Reeve Superman but it seems like this Batman has gone above that in terms of hype. I didn't really expect it. I thought it would be me and a few others.

The real question is how many people will still have this a year or two from now and don't just trade him in for the next big thing. When you read some comments, people seem swept up in the production quality more than having feelings about the movie and character, I saw the same with Jack, it seems like a trend is forming where people collect the product type and buy nice pieces within it, almost like a status symbol so they can be a part of the crowd with THE best.

The real question is how many people will still have this a year or two from now and don't just trade him in for the next big thing. When you read some comments, people seem swept up in the production quality more than having feelings about the movie and character, I saw the same with Jack, it seems like a trend is forming where people collect the product type and buy nice pieces within it, almost like a status symbol so they can be a part of the crowd with THE best.

I don't know about that. I don't think most people buy it because it's a great representation of the thing they love.

I guess there are those "status" people out there. Those who live in trailers but have to have an Escalade.

Or maybe it's just more people appreciating HT as artists....

Just sent CSC one final email...their response is going to either make me a very happy, or very sad panda.

sorry for the crapphy picture quality:

98515007.jpg

ha ha this is awesome.......

Joker : You wanna know how i got these scars ??

Bats: Do you wanna know why i havent got nipples :)

Got him last night! I didn't really think I'd be as excited for this one as I was for Reeve, but I am! Beautiful figure and nothing frustrating about him at all. Can't wait for the Returns version!

What did you ask them?

If they've gotten word from Sideshow as to whether they would be getting any pieces from the first shipment, or if they would be waiting till March.

EDIT: Sideshow told them to expect theirs end of February, early March...but they might have some spares to give them in the meantime (that will go out go out in order of first order placed). But apparently Sideshow didn't specify when they would be notified if there are in fact any spares to be had :dunno

Last edited:

Yeah, that does seem to happen a lot... I know when I had more room I would sometimes buy figures out of curiosity or thinking of interesting groupings. But I've pretty much maxed out on space so now I'm really looking at only buying things I know will stay for the long haul.

'89 Batman and Joker are two I know I will not be getting rid of... barring any sort of financial meltdowns :panic:

Although the upside of my previous buying is I'm able to trim the fat from my collection in order to have a tighter/better collection that represents things I really enjoy.

I ordered mine from my local comic store because I get a 20% discount on all pre-ordered figures, but now I am wishing I had done it through SS.

I need some advice on displaying my figures. I have all my Hot Toys displayed in my office at work (Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Superman... ) but I would like to bring them home. I am running out of room in my office. The only problem is that they would have to go in the garage that is not insulated and gets very hot and cold; what do you all think? :dunno

Thanks MM. This isn't all that horrible news. End of Feb, early March is tolerable. Mid to late March would have been a real bummer.

True...but every day without this figure is like a year without rain...

37133_162072550498553_122471057792036_281436_3654577_n.jpg

I have definitely observed this trend and have been guilty of doing this myself in the past. Now that I am married though, I am very selective. I am not sure it is just about the status symbol though. I believe people that frequent these types of forums are those that are likely to genuinely appreciate the artistic qualities of a great figure and get caught up in the excitement. The thing is, the excitement tends to wear off quickly for characters we don't have an emotional attachment too and it is easy to justify unloading the figure for the next big thing. I actually have no problem with this type of system as it occasionally allows me to buy figures at reduced prices when other collectors get rid of them

Back