Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know many people really like Superman CR, but to me this Batman is so much better than Supe, it looks like they are in a different league. I can see a little bit of dollish look with Supe, but not this Batman. This Bat even makes Jack Sparrow not to look as good. I am hoping the Joker will be as good as the Bat.

I am pretty new to HT, is there any old figure that is better than this Batman 89? Or is it safe to say this is perhaps the greatest figure that HT ever made so far?

Their original costume Batman from Begins is really, really close. Superman is up there with this one for me, though. The likeness alone is almost unbeatable.

Also, dispatched from Hong Kong on the 8th. Current status with USPS: Origin Post is Preparing Shipment. :(

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE IT IS

Congrats to those that have got him, I've got a very long wait before I get mine so I'll look forward to everyone pics in between the wait :)

Congrats to those that have got him, I've got a very long wait before I get mine so I'll look forward to everyone pics in between the wait :)

Yeah i had that attitude but now i have seen......i want so bad can i wait that long ?? is the question i keep asking myself :slap

I've got the Phase 1 Clone Captain coming today... that will help tide me over until Monday when Bats arrives.

For sure. Jack is awesome and if Bats can be considered even better that's amazing. I can't think of a more deserving figure for HT to knock outa the park.

Even if Sparrow was better, I have zero emotional connection to the actor, movie or pirates.

Therefore Batman > Sparrow.

JD could dress as the pirate and offer to stand in my collection room and I would say no thanks.

:chase

I think that to an extent, it is very easy for Bats to impress more than Jack. Sparrow, as great as he is, has things that still are indicative of him being a figure. Outside of the PERS hatch, Batman really has none, he can truly look like a shrunken man, there's no stitching or fraying clothing bits that give away scale. Done right, Keaton Bats lends itself to looking 1/1 at 1/6 scale.

I think that to an extent, it is very easy for Bats to impress more than Jack. Sparrow, as great as he is, has things that still are indicative of him being a figure. Outside of the PERS hatch, Batman really has none, he can truly look like a shrunken man, there's no stitching or fraying clothing bits that give away scale. Done right, Keaton Bats lends itself to looking 1/1 at 1/6 scale.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

Well I'm hopefully getting Jack next week even though I need Batman now! :gah:

So Having the two best HT's is a big win for me. :yess:

If you're saying it's better than Sparrow, then he is at the top.

Better than Sparrow, Wow.

Yep he is better than Sparrow for me at least. The detail and the likeness on Sparrow is amazing, no question about it, but I don't know why when I display him next to Batman he looks kind of plain. The Batman just pops more and attract you more, maybe it's the color, maybe because he is freakin Batman, I don't know. But Batman > Pirate for sure.

Man I can't imagine how awesome this figure is next to the Batmobile.

:exactly: I couldn't agree with you more.

Your avatar says alot about why you would prefer one over the other. :)

That said, I'm sure the yellow on black just pops, the simplicity of the design, and the dramatic nature of the costume make it more visually interesting. Jack can looks a bit...cluttered with detail at a distance.

Every new release is the "best figure ever".

Though, I'm kind of astonished how many collectors and fans are interested in this figure. I guess I didn't really think there would be such a demand outside of the fan base, especially with the modern Batman collectibles out. I've seen discussions and excitement on other message boards that aren't even dedicated to 1/6 figures. Plus the sheer amount of pics and reviews (articles and video) for this was quite overwhelming. It's like everyone came out of the woodwork to talk about this figure.

I know the enthusiasm was high for the Reeve Superman but it seems like this Batman has gone above that in terms of hype. I didn't really expect it. I thought it would be me and a few others.

Back