Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did see that, and at the top he said he got the arms down perfectly, and then at the bottom he said they won't go all the way down perfectly :lol.... so I'm just checking to see if I got them about where they get to.

I find that instructions work best with pics.

They go down out their side a little more in your pic. I did sort of contradict myself I guess but you can get them closer. I'm trying to see what you could do.

If only I could just handle the figure in person. Be like, "yeah Wor-Gar, this is how you do it. Let me show you". It's hard to describe how to do it because contorting and tinkering is key.

This is the pose I have him in at the moment. Getting used to the cape. Camera is broke so the pic look like poopy

IMG_0192-1.jpg

I dig it! Cape looks great! :rock

There's a Bat in My House.

1bk.jpg

Nice shot, but he looks a bit... possessed with that eye position.

What the heck...some pics:

bats_2.jpg

bats_10.jpg

Great set of pics there! :clap

Also a great hang. You literally got that look with just twisting the wire???

I folded it carefully whilst it was hanging from his body then pulled down each fold so that it laid flat. I then carefully took my time futzing it so it looked nice and neat. I tweak it a little everyday and I've had it since it was released so it's taken quite a while to get it how I want it. The figure doesn't have any hands or gauntlets on either.

Tried one over the shoulder too but...

Batman1-1.jpg
Batman2-1.jpg

Try going straight up and over, more like this:

IMG_4805.jpg

Then it's just a matter of getting the non-"leather" stuff tucked under and out of sight in the shoulder area.

Wow, those two bottom ones are fantastic Wor-Gar. This figure has the best moveable and most realistic eyes I've seen.

And Karnis, don't be so hard on yourself. Being humble is one thing, but to say your pics suck? They don't. They're all good.

Yeah, what he said. Both counts.

They go down out their side a little more in your pic. I did sort of contradict myself I guess but you can get them closer. I'm trying to see what you could do.

If only I could just handle the figure in person. Be like, "yeah Wor-Gar, this is how you do it. Let me show you". It's hard to describe how to do it because contorting and tinkering is key.

:D I hear ya. I'll see what more I can do. Seems like the rubber under the armpits is pushing the arms out a bit on mine. Perhaps the key is in the shoulder as you point out.

Try going straight up and over...

Then it's just a matter of getting the non-"leather" stuff tucked under and out of sight in the shoulder area.

Thanks, chief. Your 'flip' is the way I want mine to look. Admittedly, I didn't try very hard with my first flip. The lining really poofs it out more than I expected.

I'd give this the water treatment but I'm afraid how the rubber will do with a soaking.

With a little time and patience it is possible to get the cape laying flat and looking ok.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I used about 45 minutes of "time and patience" and this is the best I could come up with; I'm starting to wonder if some of us got capes that just won't look good no matter how long you fiddle with them, because there's no way mine would ever look as wrinkle-free as yours. Did you tuck his arms behind his back? Pull them out of the sockets? :lol

web.jpg

That looks pretty good! This is the first figure I can actually understand why people would get more than one of; the cape is such a PITA that once you get it looking decent you don't dare touch it again!

I used about 45 minutes of "time and patience" and this is the best I could come up with; I'm starting to wonder if some of us got capes that just won't look good no matter how long you fiddle with them, because there's no way mine would ever look as wrinkle-free as yours. Did you tuck his arms behind his back? Pull them out of the sockets? :lol

web.jpg

Looks..phenomenal....sick and most of very believable that its Keaton...I am sorry but, I cannot stop from professing that this is figure is what i think the best figure they have ever made...

It's a shame Apple is killing their galleries in June.
I know, right? :(

They introduced something called "Journals" in the iOS version of iPhoto at the new iPad event that's more or less the same as galleries. My hope is they'll roll out the ability to publish "Journals" to Aperture and the desktop version of iPhoto before that June deadline, essentially replacing galleries. If they don't, I'll have to start using Flickr *shudders*

Back