Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm tied to pre-order so must take this release.
BUT planin' to sell the whole Arabic set here in FS section (just bcoz not going to use it).

Re: Hot Toys Indiana Jones In Hand Pics

After nearly a year of debate, it looks... a lot like the prototype!

It's a really nice sculpt and see HF in there, but it's in the ballpark of the HT Jake Gylenhall from Prince of Persia in terms of likeness - you can see the actor, but it's not dead-on. This is a better likeness than the Dastan, but not by much.

It's less than three years ago that Sideshow's Indy was released - at $90. This is nearly three times the cost. Yes, it has a few extra goodies, but it underlines the idea that if you charge what HT charges, it has to be 10/10, or at least a 9.5.

Perfection is built into the Hot Toys price.

This headsculpt (and the HT jacket too...) is about an 8/10. Which is strong, but not perfect.

I look forward to seeing if I can get this for somewhere around the $130-150 mark, which to me is the discount for not receiving a 10/10 item.

Very well said. :goodpost:

Another thing that the 3 new head views makes me think- in some cases, the head and neck being separate looks fine, but in this case (and I know it had to be, due to PERS) I would have much rather had the type of head that is head+neck as one piece, with normal painted eyes. the seam is too jarring. Maybe a version 2 will have a normal head. They could always make a TOD Indy or a Last Crusade Indy.

Very well said. :goodpost:

Yup, good post.

I agree, it's worth $150 to me. That's it.

In the impressive line of figures HT has recently revealed, this is last place in that line and will be remembered as one of HT's biggest blunders, if not THE biggest blunder considering the iconic nature of the character. Give it time, you'll see.

Has Billy Ray chimed in yet today? He's one of the only level-headed peeps in these HT Indy threads.

Yup, good post.

I agree, it's worth $150 to me. That's it.

In the impressive line of figures HT has recently revealed, this is last place in that line and will be remembered as one of HT's biggest blunders, if not THE biggest blunder considering the iconic nature of the character. Give it time, you'll see.

Exactly. I have been buying HT figures since I originally purchased their Batman Begins figure and Superman Returns figure. I have seen HT evolve in quality and their head sculpts have been truly masterpieces. Not this one. This is a step back for HT, and I hope it is an isolated case. Hard to go back once I have seen what they are capable of. I still look at my Batman Begins and superman Returns figures and marvel at how far they have come. I hope their quality remains, but I cannot be excited about this figure. This is a let down for me.

Has the video clip of Indiana Jones being violently raped by steven spielberg and george lucas been uploaded yet??

At this point I believe it would be highly appropriate.

Oh man, the likeness on this guy is PERFECT. I knew Hot Toys would come through and tweak the sculpt for production, not that I had a problem with the prototype. Everything about this figure is fantastic. The presentation, the form fitting clothes, everything. $200 plus well spent.

Judging by the headsculpt alone I really think that Christopher Reeve would be proud.

Oh man, the likeness on this guy is PERFECT. I knew Hot Toys would come through and tweak the sculpt for production, not that I had a problem with the prototype. Everything about this figure is fantastic. The presentation, the form fitting clothes, everything. $200 plus well spent.

Judging by the headsculpt alone I really think that Christopher Reeve would be proud.

You really had me going there! :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

So is anyone gonna get parts and bash?

Curious who here is gonna try to build a better Indy.

I preordered the pants, and gloved hands from TA to use with my Indy bash. Also snagged the pedestal and idol :rock

good one :lol

You really think they'll make another Indy?

Only way I see that happening is IF Enterbay makes a move to make a better Indy in 1/6. Otherwise it'll be a 1/4th scale war.

Cool...woke up this morning and it's like a hundred pages already.....

I speculating HT will do another Indy too.... coz from the past, they had aapplies this trick while doing less perfect likeless of T4 Marcus and releasing Clash of the Titan, an aged Arnold T2 while releasing better version of T1 later......:gah:

I don't know guys.. I think it looks alright. Not so much in those pics but...
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaeDVyKwiDY[/ame]
and as you can see, the hat CAN be lowered.

I dont have it PO and I def dont think its as good as how Supes turned up but Its by far the Best Indy that has been made.

Yup, agree. I love Indy character & as of now this is the best 1/6 HS in the market. The costume, accessories, diorama, backdrop, etc are nice too. It's not $250 nor $300....so I think the price is ain't that bad esp those who got it at PO price. :clap

Don't care for the new sculpt, they should have kept the proto. Someone screwed the pooch on this one!. Easy Pass.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back