Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When people get this in hand,they'll starting realizing that this is the best Indy out there(Customs aside). Comparing Sideshow to Hot Toys is a joke! Sideshow Indy looks like a Hasbro offering compared to Hot Toys

Lejuan, if I were you, I would'nt give it the benefit of the doubt for $250. The economy is tight. Think of how many other things you can buy with $250. How many boxes of pampers, tanks of gasoline, tickets to Broadway plays or sporting events, 2 1/2 months of cable tv or a nice dinner out with the family.

I'm kinda coming around to that. I'm giving this one last chance - the next high-res quality pic that we see that doesn't show me something different from what I've been seeing in every single pic up until now, I'm bailing.

When people get this in hand,they'll starting realizing that this is the best Indy out there(Customs aside). Comparing Sideshow to Hot Toys is a joke! Sideshow Indy looks like a Hasbro offering compared to Hot Toys

'The best Indy out there' doesn't cut it for me. If I was a huge Indy fan it likely would, but I need this thing to look as much like Ford as Supes looks like Reeve for me to want to drop the bills on it. I'm happy for those who are happy with this, but sadly for my collection I'm not one of those.

Last edited:
Why are there such a lack of in hand pictures. When superman came out 2 days ago there were two sets of in hand pics right away. ??

Its only 'the best Indy out there' if you're determined to stick to 1/6 scale.

The 1/4 Premium Format statues (all 3 of them) leave it for dead.

Well said!! Looking forward to it!!:yess::yess:

I like how everyone has different opinions :yess:
Still looks bad to me

(some screengrabs from video)
yty.jpg

Did nobody notice in the video how the image bends, it's like looking at a reflection in a spoon. That's why the face shape is off

Watch the video again and notice the image distortion.
You can even see it's warped on the thumbnail preview
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaeDVyKwiDY[/ame]

Last edited:
I saw both bad HS of Indy and Alice in the comic show, I expect both eventually come out with improved version like many other HT figures. However, only Alice comes out good, and this is one is a letdown.

I watched the video, and looked at those three pictures above. Folks...this is NOT Harrison Ford! I got Sideshow's Indy figure, and I'm very happy with it. Trevor Grove's head sculpt for it is amazing, and looks much more like Ford that this new Hot Toys one. Sure Sideshow's has a poor factory paint job that really hurts Trevor's sculpt. I still plan on getting mine repainted someday. I also agree that all three of Sideshow's Premium Format statues look better too. The things I would want from this HT figure would be all of the accessories. Not the figure. I expected much more from Hot Toys as far as the likeness of Harrison Ford, my favorite actor. If I buy a figure of him, it HAS to look like him.

There's my "two cents" about this figure. :wave

Did nobody notice in the video how the image bends, it's like looking at a reflection in a spoon. That's why the face shape is off

I did and mentioned it a few page back. It's fish eyed. And the hair isn't place on his head correctly. This is the Alice/Milla Chicken Little jumping the gun happening all over again.

Last edited:

No matter what type of lens used to take the picture, the face will always be off. :wink1:

Its odd how the pers is supposed to set it apart, but imho it gives the face a mask look....

The PERS (parallel eye rolling system for any newbies) would be great if the face looked more like Harrison Ford to begin with. But I agree with you that in this case, the whole hairline does not fit well and does make it look like a mask without the hat. However, since the sculpt looks absolutely nothing like Ford, the eyes are too close together and look cross-eyed in some of the more recent video's so perhaps a PERS adjustment would make it a little better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back