Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't go that far... but I do think too many compromises were made on a figure that should have been the flagship for the series and even prove what Sideshow was capable of.

I think in general the body is now quite good... but the early ones were all short and very loose.

The funny thing is that Gandalf was announced around the same time and the final product was much nicer than Indy and cost the same amount. Kind of surprising that the last 1/6 LOTR figure came out so much nicer than Indy :huh

Whatever, I think I'm about ready to retire from this topic and concentrate on an Indy I can do something about, mine!

I'll have a read of replies, but, won't have anything to say till people actually have this figure in hand.

Rogerbee over and out

CHEERS!

The more I look at the protos the more satisfied I become with the sculpt. Before I thought it needed a lot of work when it was first unveiled. Then I thought it just needed some tweaking. Now when I look at it I see Ford pretty strongly in the sculpt. Maybe its just because im getting used to it...:dunno

I just know I cant wait for this guy to be on my shelf! :yess:

The more I look at the protos the more satisfied I become with the sculpt. Before I thought it needed a lot of work when it was first unveiled. Then I thought it just needed some tweaking. Now when I look at it I see Ford pretty strongly in the sculpt. Maybe its just because im getting used to it...:dunno

You, my friend, are ready for marriage.

Where can I pre-order this? I've tried my best to stay away from pre-packaged figures but this is a must ... it is a grail for me. Although I will be replacign that hat with a hat from stevo toys ... he makes a felt fedora to fit whatever size the head is ... so I'm going with that. Just give me links people, I'm much obliged, and thanks in advance.
https://stevostoys.com/ww2.htm
Just look for the "FEDORA REAL WOOL BLEND FELT HAT" as he calls it, even says it's prefect for Indy.

Where can I pre-order this? I've tried my best to stay away from pre-packaged figures but this is a must ... it is a grail for me. Although I will be replacign that hat with a hat from stevo toys ... he makes a felt fedora to fit whatever size the head is ... so I'm going with that. Just give me links people, I'm much obliged, and thanks in advance.
Just look for the "FEDORA REAL WOOL BLEND FELT HAT" as he calls it, even says it's prefect for Indy.

I have a couple hats from steve-o. Not very cool imho.

I have a couple hats from steve-o. Not very cool imho.

Really? I've heard nothing but great things about his wares. The hat on his site looks fantastic. Could you perhaps say what's wrong with them, out of curiosity?

Oh, I think it will improve for sure, no doubt.

As do I. Im sure of it. :goodpost::exactly:

I pre-ordered mine at https://www.cornerstorecomics.com/i...y_ID=667&ChildCategory_ID=673&Product_ID=5017

Really? I've heard nothing but great things about his wares. The hat on his site looks fantastic. Could you perhaps say what's wrong with them, out of curiosity?

I think its the uniformity of the felt. It doesnt feel real. Real hats have wear on the brim, darker patches on the crown. I dunno... I think painted molded hats look better.

Can you post a pic of the felt hat on a head so we can see how it looks?

Hey, does anyone listen to the Indy-Cast? According to Throw Me The Idol, the latest edition features:

This episode Laird looks at the origins behind some classic sound effects, Mitch talks collectibles, new Hot Toys images hit the web & they have a first hand report from Disneyland plus Pat and Rob return!

Just wondering about the "new Hot Toys images", are they talking about Indy? Can't listen to it here at work unfortunately, but it can be found here:

https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=275916349

Going to take a listen now- I'll let you know if there is anything new.

For those that are interested...

It appears it's a Pirates of the Caribbean themed episode, or the entire format changed... perhaps it's an April Fool's prank since it came out on 1 April?

For those that are interested...

It appears it's a Pirates of the Caribbean themed episode, or the entire format changed... perhaps it's an April Fool's prank since it came out on 1 April?

Haha I think I gave up listening after 5 minutes when it nothing but Pirates clips and songs...oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back