Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went ahead and cancelled my order on the DX Indy. I already have the SS Indy which I like a lot, and this is pretty much the same figure ... and I just wasn't as impressed with the DX as I should've been for $235.

I'm going with the DX Jack Sparrow and Enterbay Jason Bourne instead of the Indy. Those two will look better alongside the SS Indy than a second Indy would've looked anyway.

I actually might've kept it if the sculpt had blown me away (it wasn't bad, but didn't knock me over), or if it hadn't been almost exactly the same figure as the SS Jones (if, for instance, it had been a TOD battle damaged Indy, I'd have had a much harder time canceling).

Decisions, decisions. Such is life. Looking forward to putting the Sparrow and Bourne alongside SS Indy, Jack Bauer and my TDK lineup.

SnakeDoc

I went ahead and cancelled my order on the DX Indy. I already have the SS Indy which I like a lot, and this is pretty much the same figure ... and I just wasn't as impressed with the DX as I should've been for $235.

I'm going with the DX Jack Sparrow and Enterbay Jason Bourne instead of the Indy. Those two will look better alongside the SS Indy than a second Indy would've looked anyway.

I actually might've kept it if the sculpt had blown me away (it wasn't bad, but didn't knock me over), or if it hadn't been almost exactly the same figure as the SS Jones (if, for instance, it had been a TOD battle damaged Indy, I'd have had a much harder time canceling).

Decisions, decisions. Such is life. Looking forward to putting the Sparrow and Bourne alongside SS Indy, Jack Bauer and my TDK lineup.

SnakeDoc

I might do the same too Doc. Ive got it POed at BBTS so if the final product doesnt turn out good enough Ill cancel it without payin a fee. I think the figure is cool but for the price it should be perfect and its clearly not.

In the light of the new DX06 Capn Jack, the lime light seems to have shifted...but Im just as eager and excited to have the good ol archeologist on my shelf next to DX06 Capn Jack! Both are going to look amazing next to each other! :yess:

My two most favorite movie characters in all their HT DX glory! :yess:

Now if HT can get to doing DX T2 T-800 Battle Damage, DX Predator and a DX Darth Vader from OT, my Top 5 favorite Movie Character list would be complete in DX form! :pray::pray::pray:

I got rid of my Sideshow Indy and never bought any of the Sideshow Indy environments. I'm getting this, hoping for improvements, and using it as a one stop shop for everything I no longer have or passed to begin with.

I predict that Pirates of the Caribbean : On Stranger Tides, will be just as mediocre as the other Pirate sequels, so I am sticking with Indiana thank you very much.

I predict that Pirates of the Caribbean : On Stranger Tides, will be just as mediocre as the other Pirate sequels, so I am sticking with Indiana thank you very much.

I really don't like any of the potc films other then the first one, the best thing about the movies anyway is Depp's character so i won't let the fact that the figure is from one of the lame sequels stop me from buying it, same story with the Ironman line, loved the first film and the character himself but i did not let the bad sequel stop me from buying the amazing hot toys figures.

I really don't like any of the potc films other then the first one, the best thing about the movies anyway is Depp's character so i won't let the fact that the figure is from one of the lame sequels stop me from buying it, same story with the Ironman line, loved the first film and the character himself but i did not let the bad sequel stop me from buying the amazing hot toys figures.

Well the good thing is that the new Jack figure's look is not that far off the first movie.
I also agree the first one is not a bad movie, but for me it pales in comparison to Raiders

Last edited:

:exactly:

My m.o. is to only buy figures from films I love but the fact that all POTC films are crapple except the first will not stop me buying DX06 as it is a great representation of Cap'n Jack. I will just scratch off the nameplate. :lol

To not be completely OT I will be getting this if there are major tweaks to the hat and outfit but at the moment it is a pass for me.

Yep the perfect Indy is a must have for me in 1/6 but sadly at the moment it is a huge swing and a miss imo.
I'm perfectly happy with my custom jobby and Indy PF.

I base all my figure purchases on the like of the character and quality of the figure, not the quality of the flick.

I base all my figure purchases on the like of the character and quality of the figure, not the quality of the flick.

Ageed- if i like the character design/look and it is in a not so great movie I'll still get it. Yes IM 2 is what I'm talking abiut but everything HT put out on it is STUNNING.

It has to be a bit of both for me.
Johnny Depp had a great look for Sweeney Todd, and I am sure the figure is going to look amazing, but the movie just puts me off the figure. Captain Jack on the other hand is very iconic, and I am not saying he's not worth buying. It's just given the choice over him or Indy, Indy will always win

It has to be a bit of both for me.
Johnny Depp had a great look for Sweeney Todd, and I am sure the figure is going to look amazing, but the movie just puts me off the figure. Captain Jack on the other hand is very iconic, and I am not saying he's not worth buying. It's just given the choice over him or Indy, Indy will always win

Im buying all three. :panic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back