Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought an extra head. Call it a speculative investment. I think this figure will get improved. I also think I have the SS Indy on an HT body... change out the head and hands, add the map room clothes...viola... extra figure.

Think what you will... but going directly to a theory that your Indy figure has been abandoned for something else is ridiculous.

And for the record, my comment wasn't really directed at you... just the general crabbyness present in threads anymore. Just a lot of whining, complaining and photshop manipulations :lol

That's fine,

Most of this is HT's fault for not keeping people informed when they know full well that there have been many people raising concerns over this figure.

When they start publishing promo pics of releases that are due out after the DX05 and don't tell people anything about that figure then they leave themselves open to rumour and conjecture.

They will soon start shouting about Thor and Sucker Punch and there will still be no word on Indy.

All we want is some official information, is it too much to ask!?

CHEERS!

I don't think its really that common to get a lot of feedback from any company. Sideshow is probably one of the best companies when it comes to communication and its still typical not to hear anything regarding a figure between the pre-order and when it ships.

HT is getting better about communication, but I honestly don't expect them to give any updates. There have been some exceptions to that rule (Stark head for the Mark III BD figure, etc.) but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for one.

That's a big reason why these threads tend to be pointless because its just the same repeating record ad nauseam until the figure ships.

I bought an extra head. Call it a speculative investment. I think this figure will get improved. I also think I have the SS Indy on an HT body... change out the head and hands, add the map room clothes...viola... extra figure.

That's what I'm doing. I'm getting the HT Indy and wanted to use the Map Room outfit separately. I bought an extra head and boots from TA. I'll use a Narrow TT with Sideshow pants and MKVII bag and there you go. I know I'm in the minority but I'm really excited about this figure!

They will soon start shouting about Thor and Sucker Punch and there will still be no word on Indy.

Sucker Punch has made 19m USD in it's first four days, including it's opening weekend. Foreign box office didn't help it either, only 6.5m USD. On top of that the reviews are less than glowing. From the studio's point of view this movie is officially a flop. If HT is smart the Sucker Punch license will quietly be forgotten. The dog has fleas.

On the other hand Indiana Jones is a guaranteed sell in the US, Bruce Lee is a guaranteed sell in Asia. Both licenses have fans willing to buy multiple future figs in each line. They would be wise so take their time getting these right.

June 12 is only 2 1/2 months away. My wild-ass-guess is HT makes a final reveal first week of June and begins taking orders on June 12.

That's fine,

Most of this is HT's fault for not keeping people informed when they know full well that there have been many people raising concerns over this figure.

When they start publishing promo pics of releases that are due out after the DX05 and don't tell people anything about that figure then they leave themselves open to rumour and conjecture.

CHEERS!

Rog,

I thought you were content with your Sideshow head custom figure ?

Jim

Sucker Punch has made 19m USD in it's first four days, including it's opening weekend. Foreign box office didn't help it either, only 6.5m USD. On top of that the reviews are less than glowing. From the studio's point of view this movie is officially a flop. If HT is smart the Sucker Punch license will quietly be forgotten. The dog has fleas.

On the other hand Indiana Jones is a guaranteed sell in the US, Bruce Lee is a guaranteed sell in Asia. Both licenses have fans willing to buy multiple future figs in each line. They would be wise so take their time getting these right.

June 12 is only 2 1/2 months away. My wild-ass-guess is HT makes a final reveal first week of June and begins taking orders on June 12.

If they know Indy is going to be a guaranteed hit, shouldn't they guarantee that by showing fans that everything is in hand and they'll get the Indy they've been dreaming of?

CHEERS!

I don't think its really that common to get a lot of feedback from any company. Sideshow is probably one of the best companies when it comes to communication and its still typical not to hear anything regarding a figure between the pre-order and when it ships.

HT is getting better about communication, but I honestly don't expect them to give any updates. There have been some exceptions to that rule (Stark head for the Mark III BD figure, etc.) but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for one.

That's a big reason why these threads tend to be pointless because its just the same repeating record ad nauseam until the figure ships.

I hear you, but, when SSC did Indy, we saw everything from the get-go. We saw Trevor's original sculpt long before it was ever put on a body. Also, we saw the full evolution and knew exactly what we'd need to make the figure into what we wanted when it came out.

If HT had shown us Arnie Kim's master sculpt first, instead of a fully finished prototype figure, then this thread would have been a good deal shorter.

CHEERS!

I hear you, but, when SSC did Indy, we saw everything from the get-go. We saw Trevor's original sculpt long before it was ever put on a body. Also, we saw the full evolution and knew exactly what we'd need to make the figure into what we wanted when it came out.

That's simply not accurate.

Sideshow posted Trevor's raw sculpt after Indy was posted for pre-order, to show off how good the sculpt was. The first time we ever saw the figure was on the cover of Tomart's. And that was the full reveal.

I don't know what you mean by 'full evolution', but if you think Sideshow was posting a step by step process of the the production of their ROTLA Indy figure, that's incorrect as well. They didn't show Trevor sculpting the head, they didn't show anybody painting it, they didn't show anybody putting the velcro on the back of the pants.

If you want to know what the figure will look like when it's released, Hot Toys has shown official specs and pics, they are on page 1 of this thread. If you are expecting anything different from those pics, that's your prerogative.

If HT had shown us Arnie Kim's master sculpt first, instead of a fully finished prototype figure, then this thread would have been a good deal shorter.

CHEERS!

I really can't argue with that. That's a GOOD point, but it's still pretty much a matter of the company's policies.

On the other hand Indiana Jones is a guaranteed sell in the US, Bruce Lee is a guaranteed sell in Asia. Both licenses have fans willing to buy multiple future figs in each line. They would be wise so take their time getting these right...

:goodpost: :exactly: :lecture

I feel the same way, i also think that it would be pointless to give SP a Watchmen treatment... there were more than two girls in the bunch and to only make two is pointless anyway.

Indy will sell sell sell sell sell!

No question, but they got to do it right... i personally don't see them doing any other Indy or villain... so i sure hope something changes.

I still would have prefer he come with a boulder instead of the what SSC has already given us.

Yes, i want a boulder... it would have made a neat action pose backdrop. Like a half boulder attached to one of the backdrops. I think you know what i am saying... :monkey3

M.

That's simply not accurate.

Sideshow posted Trevor's raw sculpt after Indy was posted for pre-order, to show off how good the sculpt was. The first time we ever saw the figure was on the cover of Tomart's. And that was the full reveal.

I don't know what you mean by 'full evolution', but if you think Sideshow was posting a step by step process of the the production of their ROTLA Indy figure, that's incorrect as well. They didn't show Trevor sculpting the head, they didn't show anybody painting it, they didn't show anybody putting the velcro on the back of the pants.

If you want to know what the figure will look like when it's released, Hot Toys has shown official specs and pics, they are on page 1 of this thread. If you are expecting anything different from those pics, that's your prerogative.

Ok, yeah, we didn't see it from start to finish. I only remember seeing the pics of the sculpt before I saw anything else. At least that's how it played out on OSW, I wasn't on SSF at the time. Whatever else, we knew exactly what we were getting, and, when the in hand pics and reviews came in, we got exactly what they said we would.

As for HT showing official pics and specs, there was always a disclaimer saying that it was a prototype and may be subject to change. At this stage in the game we need to see more of what people will actually get.

CHEERS!

Last edited:
Actually the first sculpt we saw of Trevor's Indy was altered quite a bit before the figure came out. We lost the sculpted stubble and they removed the fixed neck.

Although Sideshow is showing a lot more WIP stuff then they used to and giving up a lot of "upcoming" secrets. In the past we usually didn't know what was coming until a week before the PO.

And Sideshow did not listen to the fans when it came to the figures they were making eg. German disguise Indy. I lost count how many people were telling them to make a removable hat

Yeah, I don't know about the rest of you, but my Sideshow Indy doesn't look like anything the one on the cover of Tomarts.

Yeah, I don't know about the rest of you, but my Sideshow Indy doesn't look like anything the one on the cover of Tomarts.

Seconded! The original images looked 10x more rugged than the final product. Much better paint job than what was shipped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back