Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Nice.

How are you making out with your ETD hunt btw?

predator+ugly.jpg

THE HUNT IS ON!

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

My option of displaying the DX and casual wear Bruce Lee.
The hugemongous diorama unfortunately doesn't quite fit in one Detolf shelf square. Using just the small mirror pieces together works surprisingly well.

dsc05486u.jpg

Nice display indeed RAV4N96 !

My option of displaying the DX and casual wear Bruce Lee.
The hugemongous diorama unfortunately doesn't quite fit in one Detolf shelf square. Using just the small mirror pieces together works surprisingly well.

dsc05486u.jpg

Nice display :clap If you want to trim the base of the cardboard backdrop 3/4 inch with a scissor you could squeeze the whole thing in your Detolf too :)

RAV3N96
As I understood,this background diorama doesnt fit in Detolf shelf?

As I understood,this background diorama doesnt fit in Detolf shelf?

No it won't fit unless it's modified. A simple cut of 3/ 4 inch to the bottom of the cardboard backdrops and you're good to go inside the Detolf.

Nice display :clap If you want to trim the base of the cardboard backdrop 3/4 inch with a scissor you could squeeze the whole thing in your Detolf too :)

Thank You. I could... but won't. Afraid I'll end up regretting it afterwards and might destroy it :horror Kind of like having a brand spanking new sports car with a tiny small garage, take a sledgehammer bash the living $h!t out of the side mirrors so the car can fit. I can live without displaying the entire backdrop, value also decreases if I'll ever decide selling the set.

Very true. Mine would be worth arse all on the second hand market, but, they're mine and I'm keeping them so it doesn't matter.

When this figure sells out and becomes hard to find, nobody will turn down your Bruce Lee Dx set b/c you made a 3/4 inch mod that cannot be seen. The secondary value will not go down at all :lol

Make that 3 mods if you're talking about the piece of sellotape holding his belt and the 2 pieces of magic tape holding his ankle ties.

What? No, we were talking about making the cardboard display 3/4inch shorter to fit into a Detolf only.:lecture

No need to mod the clothes to fit Bruce in a Detolf :slap :lol

I've always wondered, where did the name 'detolf' come from?

Over here that's a glass case. One day I'll have somewhere to put one, and enough figures to put in it!

:lol Good question I have no idea where IKEA got that from. But for 55-65 dollars that might be my favorite term in this hobby!

Ah, IKEA, that explains a LOT! I think I'd have to be very confident my figures could stand before putting them in one.

Never say never....

Well if they fall over in a Detolf at least they won't go skydiving off any shelves :peace

There is that I suppose.

My ETD Bruce is standing well, and he would fall sideways due to the pose. I keep looking at him thinking he's leaning, but, I look again and I don't think he is.

The BL3.5 was pretty robust, my FOF took a lot of dives but always survived intact, I'm not sure how well the DX would cope.

Back