Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

I also thought a Bruce Lee figure would be released on his bday. But Enterbay was the one hyping things up and like always, they never delivered. Hot Toys just kind of surprised us all with their acquisition of the Bruce Lee rights as we all thought it was exclusive to Enterbay.

I would blame you dissapointment more to Enterbay than Hot Toys. Hot Toys will release their figure sooner than Enterbay. Enterbay did not officially announce their figure before Hot Toys, and they still have not given an official announcement, just some teaser pics, but they sure kept hyping the crap out of their suposed release of a BD GoD and BD ETD.

I agree, I remember very clearly that on their Facebook, an official post was:

Preorder start for HD1003 on 27th November
Preorder start for new Game of Death 1/6th on December

In the beginning of December I had a Facebook chat with Bill the President of Enterbay and he said that they were still in rigorous testing with the GoD rubber body prototype. This would mean that taking Enterbay's delays with figures in account we wont see the new GoD till middle of next year probably (BTW he also mentioned that they'll be doing a Leon the professional figure)

It was surprising how quickly a new Enterbay Bruce Lee 1/6th Proto was shown to us with pics of the same thing from different angles at the same pose, Almost as soon as HT released their proto pics of the DX04... looks like another Godfather clash coming up :p

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

By the time Enterbay releases their BL fig., Hot Toys might be announcing their next one.

I used to be on the Enterbay fence but their inability to keep release dates and deliver on their final products has made me prefer Hot Toys.

did you just get the headsculpt or the whole figure? If you got the head or the figure can you tell me if the head can be made compatible with a BL3.5 body? Ive got the FoF set and changed to all BL3.5's and they make a LOT of difference in posing the figure .

Not sure if HT Bruce lee headsculpt would fit properly without any kind of modifificacion or customization on BL 3.5 body, because the neck joints are very different from each other (thinner on BL).. besides, the skin color may be different too..

I would try this body (BL 3.5) preferably with the HT black catsuit..

Last edited:

I have to admit I think Enterbays Bruce lee bodys look toyish exposed. It's why i always leave the clothes on.

Now the hot toys one might have a better paint job actually. But I hate exposed joints more than anything. So indent know if I want to pose the thing with his shir off but that's the iconic look for EOD.

So entry should take their time and perfect a body that solves all o this exposed joint nonsense. It's time that was done away with. Perhaps it's a new type of stronger rubber but it's sure as he'll not the Rambo rubber that rots or the exposed joints

Yes, Arnie set the standard for the Bruce headsculpt, but IF the HT Bruce meets or exceeds that standard, there is no point in getting the old Enterbay figures. They won't be the 'best likeness' anymore.

So you tell me, would u pay more for a Bruce Lee sculpt just because it is from Arnie Kim even though there is a cheaper equal or better looking one available? I wouldn't.

Also remember that the HT sculpt is not final.

You're right. It's not final and and it can change. I just think that it's far away from the enterbay's and there is a lot to change. When i look at the HT's i don't see BL but a figure trying to look like BL. I don't feel the same about enterbay. I don't care that Mr Kim or someone else set the standard. I don't like the HT's one at this point of what we have been able to see.
And yes enterbay's are too expensive.

did you just get the headsculpt or the whole figure? If you got the head or the figure can you tell me if the head can be made compatible with a BL3.5 body? Ive got the FoF set and changed to all BL3.5's and they make a LOT of difference in posing the figure

also I will agree that HT's headsculpt doesnt look as good at the moment, but Im positive they know about the standard they have to live upto and will try their best to deliver a product as good if not better than Enterbay. Also HT's paint has been superior to Enterbay's, the weathering on the skin looks better than any Enterbay release till now. Sadly thats the only part that looks better, If Yulli can sculpt the head as well as Arnie, then this figure will definately be the best Bruce Lee 1/6th made at present...

I agree with you. I'll be the first to buy the HT's with a great headscult.
By now for now it's not.
I bought a B version exposed but complete with the body not too expensive compares to Ebay's. I've not change the body but i read somewhere that somebody asked enterbay and they answered that you can put a 3,5 one. Just ask them again.

These pics arent the most flattering (especially the 2nd) but I have no doubt this figure will still look awesome~
805_hot+toys.jpg

804_hot+toys.jpg

803_hot+toys.jpg

Non BD head looks so good. :drool

Only just noticed the DX nameplate not being in English.

Only problem with this is how much space that stand will take up on the shelf. Would be nice for HT to include a reg TT stand also.

This is sweet! I should know since i'm a HUGE fan of Broose Leeey. :lecture

Non BD head looks so good. :drool.

yeah it looks really good, though most will scream blasphemy I think the Non BD head closeup with all that skin texturing is the BEST BL head sculpt made. generally what throws the likeness of is the hairpiece. during Enter The Dragon Bruce's hair sometimes looked like an afro! :O

Agreed that Non BD Bruce is the nuts!

Do you think there will be a chance of just picking that one up on its own?

I would agree it is the best mass produced Bruce Lee head if it looks that good in production. Which it undoubtedly will.

The Enterbay sculpts are good but have issues on production pieces. Arnie Kims personal pieces are unbeatable though. Best likenesses I have ever seen in 1/6.

Agreed that Non BD Bruce is the nuts!

Do you think there will be a chance of just picking that one up on its own?

Im sure there will be a flood of Individual parts for sale on Ebay once the figure releases, also there was a link some pages back on this thread to some online store in the US which was taking preorders on parts of this DX individually. The link was to the Hot Toys Bruce Lee body for sale individually.

Arnie Kims personal pieces are unbeatable though. Best likenesses I have ever seen in 1/6.

Man, the 'works' album on his Facebook page and his blog!! Id do ANYTHING to get my hands on that ONE EtD Headsculpt he sculpted and painted himslef... you can LITERALLY SEE THE PIMPLES AND PORES ON THE SKIN!!

Man, the 'works' album on his Facebook page and his blog!! Id do ANYTHING to get my hands on that ONE EtD Headsculpt he sculpted and painted himslef... you can LITERALLY SEE THE PIMPLES AND PORES ON THE SKIN!!

Can you post some pics please :monkey3

Exactly. There is a reason why Arnie is called the master of Bruce Lee.

:drool

Fookin 'ell!!!

Incredible :thud:

Non BD head looks so good. :drool

Only just noticed the DX nameplate not being in English.

Only problem with this is how much space that stand will take up on the shelf. Would be nice for HT to include a reg TT stand also.

Did you jump on the SS EX? The EX non-BD body comes with the normal MM stand (with Bruce Lee nameplate)

Im very curious to see how this turns out.

Back