Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Hey look, I found another picture of the Bruce Lee figure.

grahams-2.jpg

I really like the muscle definition on the cinnamon squares. And the edges seem very crisp, the detail in this sculpt is amazing. The dimples on the surface texture are so life like. Also like the perforated lines that allows it to be broken into smaller squares, which Lee was famous for. Stunning work, Hot Toys.:yess:

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

I really hope they're not being stubborn about this one... they need to improve that body and sculpt.

I really hope they're not being stubborn about this one... they need to improve that body and sculpt.

:exactly:

I also would like for them to do the normal headsculpt with closed mouth and maybe adetermined look, kind of like the Blade figure or even the Enterbay ETD version A. Don't really like figures with semi opened mouths. Either hive him an expression, emotion, reaction, or just a normal face.

Hopefully I made myself understood.

Hey look, I found another picture of the Bruce Lee figure.

grahams-2.jpg

I really like the muscle definition on the cinnamon squares. And the edges seem very crisp, the detail in this sculpt is amazing. The dimples on the surface texture are so life like. Also like the perforated lines that allows it to be broken into smaller squares, which Lee was famous for. Stunning work, Hot Toys.:yess:

Yummy! .

The HT exclusive second body allows us to pose a BD Bruce and a non-BD Bruce, so long as the non-BD Bruce is wearing the stealth suit.

Seeing as how the BD HS can only reasonably be used with a shirtless BD body, I guess I'll be buying a second pair of pants if I want to be able to have a non-BD Bruce wearing the white shirt...

I know this makes sense given the dioramas in the package - but I would've paid a bit more for a second pair of pants in the exclusive just for the options this'd afford.

Last edited:

Am i the only one thinking that this face look very stange...
Arnie Kim should really do something:pray:

:thud: at some of you...

Sculpt is perfect. Doubt likeness is going to get any better. HT should leave this bad boy alone while we still see some Bruce in it. HT has a tendency to screw up stuff when they start listening to the fandom.

I agree they could revamp the body a bit, removing some of the muscles & make 'em more relaxed, but if they dont ill still be happy. I dont plan on displaying him without a shirt anyways.

Sculpt is perfect. Doubt likeness is going to get any better. HT should leave this bad boy alone while we still see some Bruce in it. HT has a tendency to screw up stuff when they start listening to the fandom.

I agree they could revamp the body a bit, removing some of the muscles & make 'em more relaxed, but if they dont ill still be happy. I dont plan on displaying him without a shirt anyways.

Real men displays their figures shirtless! :pfft:

:exactly: . What I really want is a little resculpting of the body. But anyways, I'm getting the EX.

Can't agree there. I think there is room for improvement and I hope the King of Bruce sculpting has at least some input into making the changes that need making.

As for the body, if I'm going to fork out this kind of cash for package that includes a BD Lee HS, I'm sure as heck going to display him!

Real men displays their figures shirtless! :pfft:

Im sure they do...
icon_shifty.gif

Can't agree there. I think there is room for improvement and I hope the King of Bruce sculpting has at least some input into making the changes that need making.

As for the body, if I'm going to fork out this kind of cash for package that includes a BD Lee HS, I'm sure as heck going to display him!

True, improvements can always be made, but as we all know in the world of 1/6th NOTHING is perfect (at least to none of the collectors here). What im sayin is that sculpt is Bruce, no doubt. Theres no guessing game in trying to figure out who that figure represents. So I was saying while HT has a solid sculpt with a few minor flaws (none in which I see) they shouldnt go messing it up. We've seen HT go down the rode of revamping sculpts only for them to not come out as superb as before.

..And yes you should display the body. Not displaying is just my personal preference. Something about visible joints on HT screams TOY to me, so I try to cover them up as much as I can.

*EDIT*: BTW, what exactly is wrong with the sculpt? Haha, I typed all that & forgot to ask you what you didnt find appealing about it. Wrong skin color, eyes etc?

*EDIT*: BTW, what exactly is wrong with the sculpt? Haha, I typed all that & forgot to ask you what you didnt find appealing about it. Wrong skin color, eyes etc?

Ever since someone mentioned the BD sculpt in the same sentence as 'Lou Diamond Phillips' I can't help but see some Hispanic in that sculpt, something about the eyes isn't quite right to me. I'm no expert, so I can't quite put my finger on it... the non-BD sculpt is great though. I tend to agree with others that the parted lips in each HS make for a bit too samey an expression, but there are plenty others who don't see anything like the same expression in the two.

I think it comes down to: if you're happy with it, who gives a toss that others aren't :wink1:

Ever since someone mentioned the BD sculpt in the same sentence as 'Lou Diamond Phillips' I can't help but see some Hispanic in that sculpt, something about the eyes isn't quite right to me. I'm no expert, so I can't quite put my finger on it... the non-BD sculpt is great though. I tend to agree with others that the parted lips in each HS make for a bit too samey an expression, but there are plenty others who don't see anything like the same expression in the two.

I think it comes down to: if you're happy with it, who gives a toss that others aren't :wink1:

I think it's just that he doesn't look full Chinese in the BD sculpt. Kind of like how his son is mixed and doesn't look fully Chinese. (i think Eurasian is the correct term?) Bruce Lee would probably look like this if he were a Eurasian or something.

I understand when you say that you see no flaw in the sculpt. But with the level of likeness that Enterbay gave to their sculpts, how can Hot Toys, the leader in 1/6 sculpts, offer something like that? And I don't know why you say Hot Toys does wrong for listening to fans, did you see the Blade figure improvement? The T-1000 ears? The Falconer now including the falcon?

I trust that Hot Toys will improve it. They have the master of Bruce Lee sculpts with them now and thought he may not re-do the sculpts, he could at give Yulli a few pointers.

Forgot to say this but Bruce Leee was actually not full chinese, but he still looked a lot more chinese than anything.

Forgot to say this but Bruce Leee was actually not full chinese, but he still looked a lot more chinese than anything.

??????????????????????????????????
What you mean he was not full Chinese??

lol what?? His son is not part chinese, maybe you Wiki'd the wrong Lee?

Only thing that is holding me back from buying this is the Body,the Headsculpts is not better than EB's but ETD Battle Damaged version is something ive been wanting ever since EB started with their first Game of Death figure so these sculpts are good enough.
I simply can't stand that Body,makes it look like a cheap Action figure.

Back