Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

So after all that, not being interested in the BD body or head sculpt, not wanting the dioramas, not really being able to afford it - especially if Superman DX comes out sooner rather than later - I went ahead and pre-ordered from SS.

I am a weak, weak man.

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

So after all that, not being interested in the BD body or head sculpt, not wanting the dioramas, not really being able to afford it - especially if Superman DX comes out sooner rather than later - I went ahead and pre-ordered from SS.

I am a weak, weak man.

LOL...but at least you are honest! I respect that!

HT should do the 'real hair look' like these!
ubchongik_20100106132538_12301505_1.jpg

ubchongik_20100106132538_12301505_2.jpg

ubchongik_20100106132538_12301505_3.jpg

ubchongik_20100106132538_12301505_4.jpg

Those guys & gals over on ToyWorld never cease to amaze me!:clap

I think BL is one of those rare male figures that would be ok with rooted hair, if done like Lalla and crew can do.

That body looks fantastic. Please Hot Toys, soften those creases:pray:

not a fan of real hair. TOO MUCH room for error.

Does not really look that good with the real hair. Adds realism to the figure, but lessens the attractiveness.

^^Lessens the attractiveness?

Care to elaborate?!

TO ME, it looks horrible in those pictures with the real hair. The head shape looks weird and the hair is too straight. Maybe with some gel and some messing around, it could look better. But it would feel TO ME like I own a Barbie. If you like it and think it actually looks more attractive, then good for you.

I think BL is one of those rare male figures that would be ok with rooted hair, if done like Lalla and crew can do.

This.

I'm not a fan of rooted hair, but this custom looks freaking amazing!

i,m torn but i can,t help thinking it makes the figure look a little tacky a bit like those cheap Elvis dolls that flooded the market after he died (for those old enough to remember) also makes them look like the mainstream mass produced toys.

TO ME, it looks horrible in those pictures with the real hair. The head shape looks weird and the hair is too straight. Maybe with some gel and some messing around, it could look better. But it would feel TO ME like I own a Barbie. If you like it and think it actually looks more attractive, then good for you.

Oh, I wasnt trying to challenge your opinion, dont know if you thought that was my intention. I just simply wanted to know specifically what you didnt care for on the figure (hair wise). I totally respect your views as to why you dont find the look appealing!:wink1:

Don't worry. I was just trying to make sure everyone sees I am talking for myself. Just in case they want to start something.

For me the hair is ok but for some reason I'm happy with sculpted hair. I imagine the hair would be done as a wig and not interfere with the moving eyeball system?

But I'm more impressed with the paint app- I want!!!

If done correctly rooted hair would seriously rock! But like you all said only if they can do it correctly. I think they can too if they try. I hope they get AK (Arnie) involved with this. It would be a new take on his stuff and be pretty awesome. I'd like to see them add Brandon Lee from The Crow and Rapid Fire to their slate also with rooted hair if they can pull off rooted hair with their Bruce Line.

Cheers,

SES

i,m torn but i can,t help thinking it makes the figure look a little tacky a bit like those cheap Elvis dolls that flooded the market after he died (for those old enough to remember) also makes them look like the mainstream mass produced toys.

BINGO.

I have a hard time enough correcting anybody who calls any of my figures "dolls." Rooted hair definitely makes it feel like a doll.

I actually don't have a preference, if a rooted hair figure is well done then "Thats a BinGooOOo!" in my book.

Back