Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

And it has to be taken into consideration that both images are of different angles, so it couldn't be a hundred percent comparison.

As stated earlier, I also don't think Arnie Kim will barge in and give Yulli pointers on the sculpt. That would be utterly disrespectful. Only chance is if Yulli is the one who'd ask Arnie for pointers/help. But that is something any of us can't speculate.

I don't know anything about either of these guys but I'd imagine that they both have huge respect for one another. From what I've heard of Kim, he's a humble guy. If he comes into HT as a humble guy, what are the chances Yulli doesn't wander over to him at some point and say,"Hey Arnie, I've got this little Bruce Lee job on the go, and what with you being the king of Bruce Lee sculpting, is there any chance of getting some tips on how I'm doing?"

I know if I had a master of my craft rock up to work in the same studio as me, I'd be wanting to get me some of his action, to hell with my ego!

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

I don't know anything about either of these guys but I'd imagine that they both have huge respect for one another. From what I've heard of Kim, he's a humble guy. If he comes into HT as a humble guy, what are the chances Yulli doesn't wander over to him at some point and say,"Hey Arnie, I've got this little Bruce Lee job on the go, and what with you being the king of Bruce Lee sculpting, is there any chance of getting some tips on how I'm doing?"

I know if I had a master of my craft rock up to work in the same studio as me, I'd be wanting to get me some of his action, to hell with my ego!

Yup, and that is something I'm also hoping would happen :) If that were to happen, I really wish I'm Arnie Kim now :)

They haven't given us update regarding this figure in a while, though. I hope they'll surprise us the way they did with Blade :D

Man, I guess one has to be super specific when saying something to not be misunderstood.

When I meant Arnie giving her a few tips or pointers, it could be any scenario.

Scenario A: Arnie comes in and tells Yulli, "hey great looking Bruce. If you don't mind and won't feel offended, I could help you make it look even better."
Yulli: "Gee, thank you very much Arnie, I would love that" or "no, thank you Arnie."

Scenario B: Hot Toys: "Arnie, we would like for you give Yulli a few tips on how to improve the sculpt of the DX-04 Bruce Lee."

Scenario C: Yulli: "Hey Arnie, I really admire how you have captured Bruce Lee's likeness and if you don't mind, could you point out any areas where I could improve the sculpt."
Arnie: "Sure Yulli, I would be glad" or "no, I was hired the Superman Reeves and don't have time for that."

See, simple as that. Could be many other ways that could be done, not just necessarilly have Arnie come and say, "Your Bruce Lee sculpt is not as good as mine and I could tell you how to make it look as good as mine."

How Hot Toys Management blew a good thing in 2010:

Hey Yulli, we have new title for you - "Bruce Lee sculptor second fiddle". Meet Arnie Kim, new title, "Bruce Lee Top Rung Bruce Lee Artist 10000%". Yulli, you also have new desk, called 'basement'. Venerable Mr Kim will enjoy the view for superior sculpting.

Can't wait for this, they just keep getting better and better!

Wonder if the whole hairpiece will remove for access to the PERS.

View attachment 28248

I'm not an expert at Photoshop, but I tried to fix the areas where I think it might need some tweaking. I moved the mouth a bit higher, which would be enough, and the brows and eyes lower and smaller to add that extra likeness. Let me know what you guys think. Someone with more experience could do a better job I guess. I don't even know how to make a picture to compare them side by side.

So she got the features right, just the positioning and size are a bit off.

Last edited:

View attachment 28248

I'm not an expert at Photoshop, but I tried to fix the areas where I think it might need some tweaking. I moved the mouth a bit higher, which would be enough, and the brows and eyes lower and smaller to add that extra likeness. Let me know what you guys think. Someone with more experience could do a better job I guess. I don't even know how to make a picture to compare them side by side.

Hi bro, could you put both the original and this photoshopped pic side-by-side?

View attachment 28248

I think you did a great job, he's looking more like Bruce now.

View attachment 28248

I agree that looks really good, but Hot Toys already announced they are working on the headsculpt, and as I said before, these pictures from J.C Hong were taken in July

i honestly don't know how to put pics side by side or how to post them bigger here. If anyone wats to, feel free to do it.

..this may have been asked before but with Arnie on board can you see them continuing there Bruce lee line after this figure ..or flaws aside is this the one to get with it being a dx.

I think we will se more Bruce from Hot Toys. They have the rights for it. This DX-04 is overall, the best deal you can get. You get 2 outfits, 2 backdrops, a bunch of hands, weapons, a snake, two headsculpts, and if you order the exclusive, 2 bodies, with one head and body being battle damaged. And with Enterbay, you would have to buy both versions to get more outfits, no backdrops, no snake, and no battle damage. Original price for both was $200, now they run at almost 5x that each.

So if I was you, I would get this if you do not own the Enterbay figures.

Forgot to mention that they all have movable eyes, but until now, the Enterbay sculpts are better.

I think we will se more Bruce from Hot Toys. They have the rights for it. This DX-04 is overall, the best deal you can get. You get 2 outfits, 2 backdrops, a bunch of hands, weapons, a snake, two headsculpts, and if you order the exclusive, 2 bodies, with one head and body being battle damaged. And with Enterbay, you would have to buy both versions to get more outfits, no backdrops, no snake, and no battle damage. Original price for both was $200, now they run at almost 5x that each.

So if I was you, I would get this if you do not own the Enterbay figures.

Forgot to mention that they all have movable eyes, but until now, the Enterbay sculpts are better.

Ya i will more then likely be getting him ..due to space issue i can only afford to display one version ..so missing out on the exclusive isn't so bad for me:)

Ya i will more then likely be getting him ..due to space issue i can only afford to display one version ..so missing out on the exclusive isn't so bad for me:)

Thats my issue I have with collecting. Very limited on space, so I have to pick & choose. Dont know if I should get this or wait, because future releases may be "better". I personally dont need more than one version of Bruce, so I would hate to get this then later they release another. I usually dont go for having multiple figures of the same character (unless its M.J)

Im excited for this figure but I wanna see what else HT does with the license. I may just get this one & buy different outfits for Bruce to represent his attire in his films. The headsculpt will always be accurate as Bruce look (hairstyle) didnt change drastically on film.

Found these on eBay, what do you think?

Fist of Fury
https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Bruce-Lee-...569?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb1034631

Game of Death
https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Bruce-Lee-...842?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5eeade72

Big Boss
https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Bruce-Lee-...161?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5e8ddf19

^^a little to expensive but the others are reasonable

The look I most want is the Fist of Fury. Love the open shirt look

Thats my issue I have with collecting. Very limited on space, so I have to pick & choose. Dont know if I should get this or wait, because future releases may be "better". I personally dont need more than one version of Bruce, so I would hate to get this then later they release another. I usually dont go for having multiple figures of the same character (unless its M.J)

Im excited for this figure but I wanna see what else HT does with the license. I may just get this one & buy different outfits for Bruce to represent his attire in his films. The headsculpt will always be accurate as Bruce look (hairstyle) didnt change drastically on film.

Fist of Fury
https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Bruce-Lee-...569?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb1034631

Game of Death
https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Bruce-Lee-...842?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5eeade72

Big Boss
https://cgi.ebay.com/1-6-Bruce-Lee-...161?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a5e8ddf19

I've been watching that FoF suit for a long time, I might pull the trigger some day, just need a Bruce Lee head, haha.

Fist of Fury

Game of Death

Big Boss

I wouldn't wait around for HT to release another Bruce - might be 6 months, might be a year or more... you can always buy this one and flip it if and when the next version comes out.

A lot of the custom EB stuff on ebay looks dodgy to me, with the possible exception of the FoF outfits. The full plastic molded GoD sneakers are especially horrible when compared to EB's stitched, shoe-laced ones.

I personally think it'd be a shame to fit out a beautiful DX figure with custom gear, but if you're happy with what you see go for it. The price is fair and doesn't move much from what I've seen.

Custom clothing doesn't fit as well as the original stuff, but there are always exception to the rules. Regarding the Bruce versions, I too, only like having one of each character. But I want a Game of Death Bruce and an Enter the Dragon one. And if they make a Way of the Dragon again, I'll get that too. Those are my favorite movies. The Enterbay WotD is too expensive now for what it is. The sculpt is great and before the EtD, it was the best Bruce. Now, it still looks good, but I feel it could be improved compared to the new improved sculpts.

I am disappointed that HT didn't include the boxing gloves that came with EB's ETD version A. These are going on ebay - when they do pop up - for 150 bucks! And of course they aren't compatible with the HT body.

That's hardly an essential look. He wore those boxing gloves for a very short scene.

Back