Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

And I don't know why you say Hot Toys does wrong for listening to fans, did you see the Blade figure improvement? The T-1000 ears? The Falconer now including the falcon?

I believe Hot toys were always going to give him him the falcon ..they knew we would get really pissed about the non-removable bio so they just made it look like they forgot the falcon and then after a while they were like"hey look guys we listened and look we are giving you the falcon" all to put most of us in the "i know his bio can't come off but at least he has the falcon" frame of mind, and thus stop most of the complaining.
I truly believe this is what they done ..the crafty devils!

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

leehong2tiger231.jpg

leehong1tiger231.jpg

These are not new pics.
They were posted on JC Hong's website in July

And just to shake things up a bit here are the comparison pics for the sculpt
lee-3_tiger231.jpg
leehong1tiger231.jpg

lee-4_tiger231.jpg

Last edited:

Cannot believe people did not know he was actually born in San Francisco and his mother was half German. To me, that is not 100% chinese. I guess that is why Brandon looks barely chinese, as well as his daughter.

Cannot believe people did not know he was actually born in San Francisco and his mother was half German. To me, that is not 100% chinese. I guess that is why Brandon looks barely chinese, as well as his daughter.

Ah you're right. For some reason I thought that you said he was majority something else and is only a little bit Chinese, lol. But yah, born in the US, moved back to Hong Kong.

Well... even if Bruce was 100% Chinese, Brandon and Shannon would not necessarily have looked 'more Chinese' - genes of mixed-race kids don't split themselves neatly down the middle :). But even so, the BD sculpt looks like its invoking Bruce's long-lost Hispanic forefather instead of his German grandparent :lol

Looks like him to me...

Even if what you say about the Falconer is true, they end up improving the sculpts, especially if there are rants about it. That is why, again, I fell we will see improvements in the sculpt, even more with Arnie Kim with them now.

Well... even if Bruce was 100% Chinese, Brandon and Shannon would not necessarily have looked 'more Chinese' - genes of mixed-race kids don't split themselves neatly down the middle :). But even so, the BD sculpt looks like its invoking Bruce's long-lost Hispanic forefather instead of his German grandparent :lol

Yes, but the more it's mixed, the more of a specific race is lost. And the sculpt ressembles Bruce, but he also ressembles other people. But Enterbay's sculpt is 100% Bruce.

Yes, but the more it's mixed, the more of a specific race is lost. And the sculpt ressembles Bruce, but he also ressembles other people. But Enterbay's sculpt is 100% Bruce.

I don't want to harp on about mixed genes, but I'll come straight out now and say I have a half-sister who is a mix of full Chinese and full Anglo. She has blonde hair and blue eyes and if you didn't know she was half-Chinese you'd never pick it. Like I said, Brandon and Shannon's lack of 'Chinese-ness' probably has little or nothing to do with Bruce's German grandparent and a lot to do with Linda being white. They both look a lot more Chinese than my sister :wink1:

EB's (Kim's) sculpts are definitely the benchmark - I hope that by the time the final HT sculpt is released it is 100% Bruce. I don't think it's a question of giving HT time to work out Bruce's likeness over a number of future versions - they really have to nail it first time otherwise they'll look like poor imitations of EB.

I must be blind or brain-damaged, but that Bruce loots pretty spot on to me!

As is, I think the bd sculpt looks okay in one angle and that's it (the photo on the previous page). Given different angles and lighting conditions, it looks worse and worse. Just skim around in this thread, especially the first page.

I must be blind or brain-damaged, but that Bruce looks pretty spot on to me!

Your neither. It is spot on, I dont know what everyone else is talking about, although I respect their opinions.

Why would Arnie Kim come in & revamp or give "pointers" on Yulli's sculpt? If I was Yulli I would be highly offended if this guy even attempted to touch my sculpt. That would be VERY unprofessional, especially since he's the new guy. Yulli has done a great job & people would still buy even if this was the final product (despite the complaining), so its a win win for HT either way!

As me & Lejuan were discussing yesterday & as he pointed out, it does kinda give off a Hispanic look. But then thats not a bad thing as some mentioned Bruce isnt fully Chinese & doesnt have the full "Chinese look". Not to mention his skin tone was very tanned, which resembles that of a Hispanic as opposed to Chinese.

Im very happy with this figure & its still in the planning stages. Cant wait to get him, so he can take his place on the BEST of the BEST shelf with Michael!

Skimmed the thread in order to find this gif done by 8899:

BRUCELEEslow-1.gif

How come they painted Bruce Lee's nipples and not Stallone's?

Hot Toys is so racist, it physically makes me ill.

Skimmed the thread in order to find this gif done by 8899:

BRUCELEEslow-1.gif

Help me out here guys, I know something's not right but can't pick it. I'm looking at Bruce's right eye (left on the image) and thinking that the HT eye is not as slanted or accurate with the eyelid detail as it needs to be, leading to a more European/Hispanic look. Nose looks a bit narrower too? Sheesh, I hear myself saying these things and I can't believe how tough it must be for the sculptors to keep people happy...

Help me out here guys, I know something's not right but can't pick it. I'm looking at Bruce's right eye (left on the image) and thinking that the HT eye is not as slanted or accurate with the eyelid detail as it needs to be, leading to a more European/Hispanic look. Nose looks a bit narrower too? Sheesh, I hear myself saying these things and I can't believe how tough it must be for the sculptors to keep people happy...

And it has to be taken into consideration that both images are of different angles, so it couldn't be a hundred percent comparison.

As stated earlier, I also don't think Arnie Kim will barge in and give Yulli pointers on the sculpt. That would be utterly disrespectful. Only chance is if Yulli is the one who'd ask Arnie for pointers/help. But that is something any of us can't speculate.

For me it's the eyes, the BD sculpt has big eyes, he should be like me ---> -__-

Back