Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is you know it's going to be a good figure. A better figure than Sideshow is able to produce. But at this rate it looks like it is going to be on of their worst... Sideshow had a better likeness and many collectors were able to make a better looking figure that what Hot Toys just showed us, by upgrading a bunch of parts including ones from HT themselves.

They needed to knock it out of the park... instead they got to first base ... maybe.

They have track record at improving what they first show, but at this rate they got to get Arnie off and give it to someone else. Without the likeness it's really nothing at all, Indy is Harrison Ford and the HT head is not Harrison.

I agree it would have been an idea to get someone else to sculpt it. His Bruce Lees are amazing. If he can bring that level of detail and accuracy to Ford my faith will be restored.

Pics courtesy of PLASTICENEMIES at sina.com,

6a853733jw6ddicyzu5wxj.jpg

6a853733jw6ddi8lj87r2j.jpg

6a853733jw6ddi3d3le1kj.jpg

6a853733jw6ddi14t86qsj.jpg

Man I think it is, of course I'm no insider. Looks kinda like a recast of the same old Arnie Kim sculpt with better paint, like the one at the show did.

These new pics have really killed what buzz I had going for this thing. It's just wildly unimpressive.

Wow....I'll just stick to my customized Sideshow Indy. I might pick up a few of the accessories depending if they are improvements over the sideshow ones.....really had high hopes for this.

Not feeling it.

Hat looks like its floating.

THAT face is NOT Harrison Ford any more than Toys McCoy is.

Belts are still wrong color, wrong size for Raiders.

This figure is good for the shirt, body and maybe the jacket -- use SS for the rest.

Disappointed so far. Best part of this figure is the shirt to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back