Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They have no excuse for getting anything wrong on this figure. After all all the R&D has been done, if they care to look through the work of the very talented Indy customisers here.

People on the Internet have no idea how much these companies care about getting it right.

The fact of the matter is, these customizers are spending hundreds of dollars on an individual figure which is just not realistic for a company to do. mfisher prides himself on an extremely quick turnaround for his gearbelts, like a week or so for one set (probably less than that even). . . now multiply that time, times 4,000 figures. . . and that's just on the belts. There HAS to be sacrifices somewhere.

The expectations on this figure are crazy unrealistic.

People on the Internet have no idea how much these companies care about getting it right.

The fact of the matter is, these customizers are spending hundreds of dollars on an individual figure which is just not realistic for a company to do. mfisher prides himself on an extremely quick turnaround for his gearbelts, like a week or so for one set (probably less than that even). . . now multiply that time, times 4,000 figures. . . and that's just on the belts. There HAS to be sacrifices somewhere.

:goodpost::clap

Just find out this DX is sculpt by Arnie Kim :horror:horror:horror

You know, Why do people on these boards always take things the wrong way. I was simply saying in as concise and complimentary way that all a company has to do to get this figure right, (which I've no doubt they will,.... I'm waiting to order this!) is look at the FANTASTIC work that a variety of customisers have done and do that on an industrial level.
There was nothing negative in that post, but 'people' on the internet always seem to take everything the wrong way.

Well, let's hope he gets it right second time around! His Bruce Lee's are superb but currently, Trevor Grove is leagues ahead of him when it comes to capturing Ford's likeness.

Just find out this DX is sculpt by Arnie Kim :horror:horror:horror

I could care less who sculpts it -- I just want it to look good.

And I want to see pics already dammit. :D

Good to know they're working on it though.

The wait is acceptable when we know that sculpt is being revised. Looking forward to the final version and the Harrison Fordisms.

You want my honest opinion? I may get heat for this but from what I've seen I think Arnie Kim is the master of Bruce Lee... but it's the ONLY likeness I've ever seen him get right

I knew right away he sculpted this, it looks very much like the one he did a few years back... This is one they really should have given to those with the proven track record i.e,. Yuli

Ever sculptor has their hits and misses. I think Yulli does great with Arnie, Stallone and Ledger Joker, but she couldn't get Bale in 2 attempts and other than the Cannibal portrait, her Jack Sparrow's weren't the best. Kojun's Stallone is great, but his Bale and Jackman are iffy.

In this case, I think Ford's a tricky head for any sculptor, and I'd think his crooked nose probably adds a real challenge for people where most portraits are more symetrical. That's why I applaud Trev's work, is it flawless, perhaps not, but he captures him far better than anyone else I've ever seen sculpt Ford.

You want my honest opinion? I may get heat for this but from what I've seen I think Arnie Kim is the master of Bruce Lee... but it's the ONLY likeness I've ever seen him get right

I knew right away he sculpted this, it looks very much like the one he did a few years back... This is one they really should have given to those with the proven track record i.e,. Yuli

Agreed too, just imaging the pressure he has with the Chris Reeve Superman :(

i am getting worried about this i know that everything isn't perfect but that Superman has to be done the right way, imaging if not everybody will be trashing HT for a long time.....there's to much expectation!!

There's more motivation for a certain quality with Supes, it's a rarely made figure, but Indy, it's been done many times, this is but another, if it's not the end all be all, I'm sure HT's aware from sites like this that folks bash Indy's and their figure would have as much value as custom parts as a figure by itself.

:exactly: I completely agree; I've not been impressed by any of his sculpts so far except for the Bruce Lee. Sculpting a likeness of a real person is a really difficult job which I fully appreciate, but I think they needed to go with a sculptor who had a good track record with Ford's likeness, and for me the only one who has that is Trevor.

I agree but let's give Arnie Kim a chance to see what he can do with a revised sculpt. Trev's work will really take some beating though so Arnie's got his work cut out for him.

:exactly: I completely agree; I've not been impressed by any of his sculpts so far except for the Bruce Lee. Sculpting a likeness of a real person is a really difficult job which I fully appreciate, but I think they needed to go with a sculptor who had a good track record with Ford's likeness, and for me the only one who has that is Trevor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back