Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The body is just huge, way way way too big to be Ford, Indy or anyone in the franchise short of Pat Roach as the German Mechanic and Giant Thuggee.

Look at pics of Harry on the Raiders set, hes skinny, with little muscle. His neck on the figure looks like ____ing Mickey Rourke's.

Hat looks ok but the way it sits on his head is mental. The jacket also needs to be futzed better but I think alot of the clothing issues are because of the roid body. If he comes with that thing its getting swapped out immediately for a regular TT.

THis doesn't looks like ford at all.
The jacket isn't well tailored and the shiny leathe rlike material doens't look right.
And those shoes wooooow would have been better sculpted boots IMO.

Thank you about the sculpted boots. Sideshow boots are about as screen accurate as you can get. The shape is just about perfect. I honestly hope to god they are reworking this guy. If not they downgraded big time. Give us a figure like the T-800 which is like a falet and then throw us some bologna like this. Come on.

Hopefully the body shown in the new pics is just a placeholder. Guess we'll find out soon enough in the official HT specs.

The body is just huge, way way way too big to be Ford, Indy or anyone in the franchise short of Pat Roach as the German Mechanic and Giant Thuggee.

Look at pics of Harry on the Raiders set, hes skinny, with little muscle. His neck on the figure looks like ____ing Mickey Rourke's.

Hat looks ok but the way it sits on his head is mental. The jacket also needs to be futzed better but I think alot of the clothing issues are because of the roid body. If he comes with that thing its getting swapped out immediately for a regular TT.

:lecture:lecture:lecture The neck is ____ing massive... Reminds me of the Dastan figure.

The collars of the jacket and shirt look really bad. Futzing might help but normally HT seem to nail those kind of details.

THis doesn't looks like ford at all.
The jacket isn't well tailored and the shiny leathe rlike material doens't look right.
And those shoes wooooow would have been better sculpted boots IMO.

Always nice to have real shoes but at this point SS's simple sculpted shoes still look miles better.

ui1.jpg
6a853733jw6ddi3d3le1kj.jpg

i still like it still needs a little work but it's getting their and i can't wait to own this guy.

Hot Toys rarely actually do real 'shoes' for the figures. They're all solid except for the plug for the ankle joints and 1/6 feet aren't meant to fit inside, so size won't be an issue for the Indy figure, methinks.

Honestly im' not a fan of real shoes in 1/6.
It always look too big and goofy except for the new line boots sometimes.

I feel the same. I like the DID German officer boots (Cobra Commander, Han Solo, German Indy) but that's about it.

I'm not even a fan a the Newline work boots that people use for Indy but I did, and do, have high hopes for this release so hopefully it gets fixed.

I think the shoes look ok and its the giant body making the pants and shirt look too baggy and big and so the shoes are looking smaller by comparison.

Look at this, theres a better one of Harrison in Tunisia but I could only find this one.

Harrison.jpg

Hes no bigger in chest or muscle then Steve or even George. And that should really tell you something is wrong here on the figure.

harry2.jpg

The body is a better fit for ToD Indy but is somewhat serviceable as RotLA Indy. A major cost-cutting move for HT.

Damn, I really wanted to like this figure. But I just can't get excited about it.

It's definately the biggest miss Hot Toys has had in a loong time. Maybe since V.1 Joker.

That neck is just so retarded, theres really no better way to describe the body choice. Straight up full retard.

The real issue with the hat is how high it sits on the head, in that photo the brim's almost touching his ears, on the figure, not even close.

It's definately the biggest miss Hot Toys has had in a loong time. Maybe since V.1 Joker.

That neck is just so retarded, theres really no better way to describe the body choice. Straight up full retard.

Only this time, there's no reason, Indy's been around for 30 years.

I think the shoes look ok and its the giant body making the pants and shirt look too baggy and big and so the shoes are looking smaller by comparison.

Look at this, theres a better one of Harrison in Tunisia but I could only find this one.

Harrison.jpg

Hes no bigger in chest or muscle then Steve or even George. And that should really tell you something is wrong here on the figure.

harry2.jpg

Im not sure how the larger body is making the clothes look baggy. I think it the baggy clothes that are making them look baggy. They used a larger body to try and fill them in. Unfortunately it didnt work. They need to be retailored.

Exaggerate much? Geez. Maybe it's because I'm a casual fan, but I don't think it looks bad at all. At all.

Scroll back and look how much I defended this figure, I know my Indy gear, not trying to be a ____ but you spend $600 for a hat like I did, you make sure you get the little details correct.

Hot Toys did not unfortunately, thats not easy to admit, but this figure needs work still. Fact is figures like Perseus are even better then this and its not upto par with things like the T800 or Mk.4, I don't think its exaggerating at all.

I like the sculpt, the hat could use some adjusting, but the jacket sucks, pants are off, all the leatherwork is kinda cheap looking compared to like the T800 jacket for example. The body is a failure, I can't give them any credit for that one.

Great accessories etc, but at this point, the fact that I would replace the body with another from the same company is showing poor judgement from that company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back