Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Once upon a time... the Toys McCoy was touted as the ultimate 1/6 Indy:

review_mccoyindy_3.jpg

Medicom's odd version:

2355478786_a0f5e9c068_o.jpg

Sideshow's sculpt is still great in my opinion:

review_ssindy_5.jpg

And now the new contender:

untitled-1.jpg

The higher price tag demands something closer to perfection.

My first impressions still remain. It's potentially close (awaiting further shots), but it didn't immediately knock me out.

^^In regard to the "new contender" It's something with the eyes....He looks Hispanic IMO! :lol

Indiana Gomez! :lol :lol :lol

*I crack myself up :D *

P.S.: That first pic cracks me up too! :lol

^^In regard to the "new contender" It's something with the eyes....He looks Hispanic IMO! :lol

Indiana Gomez! :lol :lol :lol

*I crack myself up :D *

P.S.: That first pic cracks me up too! :lol

Mexico Jones? :)

Re: the first pic. Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder. I hate the first two (three) pictures, though others will fight to the death defending them. Everyone has their opinion, and they're entitled to it, but I just can't see it myself.

As a depiction of a real person, the HT is a master-stroke. Whether it's a true depiction of Harrison Ford is still open to discussion.

Looking at the HT picture of Indy in Map Room disguise, he looks much closer, and the hands are very lifelike.

I know I'm going to be buying this figure, so I desperately want to believe that he's going to be good. :wink1:

Mexico Jones? :)

Re: the first pic. Beauty is certainly in the eye of the beholder. I hate the first two pictures, though others will fight to the death defending them. Everyone has their opinion, and they're entitled to it, but I just can't see it myself.

As a depiction of a real person, the HT is a master-stroke. Whether it's a true depiction of Harrison Ford is still open to discussion.

Looking at the HT picture of Indy in Map Room disguise, he looks much closer, and the hands are very lifelike.

I know I'm going to be buying this figure, so I desperately want to believe that he's going to be good. :wink1:

How about Mexico Gomez? :huh

How about Mexico Gomez? :huh

Surely, there's enough of a Jones family resemblance to merit the Jones surname?

That's why I hope we get another headsculpt - just in case the first one is his cousin from over the border.

The paint looks amazing, everything for me is 10/10 but the sculpt isn't quite right but to the few people who are getting offended by him getting criticised, don't, yeah it is a Proto & HT will listen to there fans & with a few tweaks this will be the perfect Indy were all been wishing for :)

So is there an average timeframe from first show to production release?

Do Hot Toys do a running commentary on any updates to the proto that occur?

For me this in the most anticipated figure, as it's something that's been hinted at in the past, but I never seriously believed it would happen.

"There is another Jo.. Jo..nessss....." ARGH!!!

O.k. Seriously!

I was under high voltage right after I've heard that HT grabbed the Indy license. And with some modifications it still could be a great figure (I love the boots and the leather like whip already).

BUT what the heck rides HT to reboot the idol chamber??? :slap The Sideshow chamber is not perfect but very good. And the HT one don't will get any improvements. Quite the contrary: it don't will feature the floor plates!!! So HT please leave us alone with another idol chamber and bring us some Map Room additions.

For all of you who missed the Sideshow chamber because you don't like the Belloq: go get it and sell the Belloq! :wink1: Or you have the possibility to get one of the rare Chamber/Indy combos which pop up from time to time on eBay. If you've got your Sideshow Indy already part the second one out and keep the items you need as spare parts or for modifications. I love my Sideshow Indy/Chamber combo (see pics below) and there is no need for another one!

Or alternative (if it must be some Idol Chamber stuff) please do a Idol Chamber wall with "face" masks including a small ground plate for Indy, the torch and some arrows to combine this to a great setup with the Sideshow Idol Chamber environment. :pray:

And HT if you stick to your idea for the announced Idol Chamber please, please bring us a different idol (including "glass" eyes, maybe painted).

But I think if you really go in production with the shown set you will loosing money. Because there are so many people out there who own already the Sideshow set and they are not willing to pay 200 bucks for a reboot (like me). Take your chance and do something new and fresh and it will be a home run for you (and I will be in :hi5:). But only a DX version with old stuff and a face that's off don't will be a motivation to buy such an expensive set. :mad:

Merry Christmas.

Amen!

Last edited:
Why would I need to buy SS's Idol Chamber when HT's Indy comes with it :dunno

:exactly::goodpost:

This will be the 1st Indy I get so I dont already have the Idol chamber from SS.
Im not going to buy SS's one either because the HTs Indy will already have one included.
I dont know why so many people are moaning about this?

That's only just in case HT (hopefully) changes the set. :wink1:

I hope not. :wink1:

:exactly::goodpost:

This will be the 1st Indy I get so I dont already have the Idol chamber from SS.
Im not going to buy SS's one either because the HTs Indy will already have one included.
I dont know why so many people are moaning about this?

I hope not. :wink1:

Money is a strong argument. :cool: What do you think, how many of the Belloq/Chamber sets are out there? Maybe 500?

O.k. let us assume only 250 people of these 500 are don't willing to pay another maybe $200 US for an almost identical set and for them DX and the Map Room cloth is not enough to change their minds. So it would be a loss of $50.000 US for HT.

And if the first HT Indy figure don't sell good would there be another one...?

I'm pretty sure the world is coning to an end soon because this is the day that Sideshow trumped Hot Toys.

The Hot Toys has more wrong with it than the Sideshow did and on top of that Indy looks like he's got a bad case of malaria or something.

I'm not at all familiar with the practices of Hot Toys so I'm putting my faith in some of the comments I've read here that Hot Toys WILL fix issues and have it prepped and ready come delivery time.

I am really, really digging the Map Room diorama tho. VERY nice!

I'm pretty sure the world is coning to an end soon because this is the day that Sideshow trumped Hot Toys.

The Hot Toys has more wrong with it than the Sideshow did and on top of that Indy looks like he's got a bad case of malaria or something.

I'm not at all familiar with the practices of Hot Toys so I'm putting my faith in some of the comments I've read here that Hot Toys WILL fix issues and have it prepped and ready come delivery time.

I am really, really digging the Map Room diorama tho. VERY nice!

No, it really does not, not even close at all.

Sideshow had paint issues, poor tailoring, poor cuts, crap buttons on the shirt, button on rear ass of pants instead of closing in the front, no zippers, the material of the jacket was like an Adidas wind breaker, the collars are sewn down as are the pockets, the body was flimsy, the shoes were sculpted, the belt had no buckle and was the wrong color.

Sideshow had a better headsculpt. Thats it. And its still not perfect. The PF head maybe, but none of Trev's 1/6 heads are perfect. German Indy disguise comes closest.

The issue is that I paid about £50 for my SS Indy. I have bought custom belts, custom whip, made a custom bag, repainted the head. A fair amount of work and money.
How much will the HT Indy set me back? £200, maybe more (I appreciate that this is a guess at the moment). If they hadn't included the idol chamber piece it might have stayed at a reasonable price. I shouldn't have to fork out loads of cash on top of that to make my Indy look screen accurate. ATM the belt/holster is wrong, the jacket looks cheap, the hat looks incorrect on the head and the sculpt is off. I really hope HT make some changes to this, otherwise the only things I'll be using from it will be the map room gear, the shirt and the shoes - certainly not £200 worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back