Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it come with the Idol Environment? Why repeat what Sideshow has already done?

b/c some of us didn't get the idol environment b/c (correct me if I'm wrong) but you had to get the exclusive of Dr. Rene Belloq and well I honestly had no need for him just like I don't have the ark b/c I have no need for Toht either.

Does it come with the Idol Environment? Why repeat what Sideshow has already done?

Because not everyone has the Sideshoe pedistal, but it is a pretty nice environmental piece to have in an Indy collection and since the figure itself is a rehash of what Sideshow's done, might as well fill the set with all the goodies you can to get people who'd bought and customized Sideshow Indy to possibly still want this.

I really dig this figure. The only thing I don't like is the PERS, I don't see why Indiana Jones would need it.

I really dig this figure. The only thing I don't like is the PERS, I don't see why Indiana Jones would need it.

PERS is a cool feature. Just adds to the realism but they need to revisit a few things on this figure to really push it over the top. Fedora looks a bit like Henry Jones' hat

Definitely want to see more looks at the face, these photos make it look less intense than the first looks.

1325281252bb2q2d592qo3.jpg

13252449ide446e6hjd8nr.jpg

I'm happier and happier with each angle I see of the sculpt but jeez that is some harsh light! :lol Can't wait for proper promo shots.

I'm actually becoming less satisfied. The jacket is really thick -- big collar on both jacket and shirt.

They did get the length right though, I'll give 'em that.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

I'm actually becoming less satisfied. The jacket is really thick -- big collar on both jacket and shirt.

They did get the length right though, I'll give 'em that.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

You and me both :lecture

I'm sure they will make adjustments, they always do.

In this case, they have a lot to do...which is unusual for HT.

Tweak sculpt
adjust hat
fix jacket (too thick)
fix shirt collar
correct web belt color
correct holster belt color
fix the bright white stripe on the boots

That's just at first glance.

And although we haven't seen it yet, that holster is looking way too big again (see shot Maulfan posted on preceeding page)

HT is good about making some fixes, but these just seem to be stacking up. This is a far cry from the exactness of the T-800.

I wonder if this is an earlier than early proto they stuck in the show. Maybe they didn't have enough time to get all the figures tweaked in time.

I hope. It does seem like more of a mock-up than a real prototype. Kind of like a rough art department version so the artists can see what they need to address for the final version.

actually they nailed the boots Josh... those cream colored accents are on the actual Aldens 405 model used in the films.. (great boots by the way.. I have worn mine now for a few years.. actually got into a few foot pursuits in them when I worked plain clothes :) ) You will only need to weather them up to make them look field used.. just like you would have to do with the jacket, pants, shirt etc..

535.jpg

Last edited:
I actually like these new pics, I'm digging this overall.

Its not Ray F's quality, but the sculpt isn't terrible, and with enough complaints on FB etc, the artists will see that.

Overall this is still the best Indy figure. Not even 10 percent of collectors make customs I'd say, which means Sideshow's is the best option out there now, so lets put it against Sideshow who has a superior sculpt according to the masses here.

HT has still one upped the

Paintjob, Sideshow's was just horrible and mine had a gloss clearcoat on half his face so he looked all wet on one side.
Body, Sideshow's was loose and tall, this is looking like maybe a muscle or sculpted neck thats painted.
Jacket, still better cut, Sideshows was a windbreaker material with pinned down collars.
Shirt, was Sideshow's weakest part, it's just garbage from the cut to the assembly.
Belts, Sideshow's didn't even have a buckle.
Shoes, Sideshow's were just sculpted and totally wrong.

Accessories :

we get a stand, the bigger base, 2 backdrops, so your map room enviroment IS technically there, the idol enviroment, and I'm sorry but you don't get to complain about them including that.

2nd costume, 3 options for the head, Hat, Hair, Maproom, plus control over where you want the eyes to look. I'm sorry but this figure is not a failure or medicore.

Its not by any means perfect like the T800, but its not mediocre at all. I'm giving HT the benifit of the doubt, they make sick jackets with all there recent releases and I'm sure this will be upto par by release. Same with the sculpt, it will be tweaked and thats all thats needed, not a do over. Alot of drama queens here is all.

I feel confident there will be that one picture that really sells me...I just haven't seen it yet.

Still buying this though, regardless. All things Indy for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back