Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones announced + Star Wars teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Merry Christmas Everyone !!!
I'm sold. Not perfect, but I like it. I think the HS is just about spot on. Keep the Indiana Jones line going. I'm sure that Hot Toys will make any changes that need to be made before shipping.
IndyJoe

It's funny to read people comment on how this release wasn't tailor made to YOUR specific collection and your customs.

I don't think HT cares how much money you have spent customizing your figures or what other Indy versions/accesories you already have. Why should they short-change themselves out of DX money because some have bought different items already? They don't care about YOU. They care about turning a hefty profit on this license.

The likeness is close enough for a $200 figure. I am sure it will be tweaked more, but it is by no means unrecognizable. People really want perfection when there is no such thing. There are only approximate likenesses. In the context of this 12" doll dressed like Indiana Jones it does look like the character of Indiana Jones.

I agree it IS all about money. (read my post further below :wave) That's the reason why they better listen to their customers. And I know sometimes the do.

But I don't agree that the likeness is close enough. The T-800 is the best example that perfection is possible! :cool:

It's funny to read people comment on how this release wasn't tailor made to YOUR specific collection and your customs.

I don't think HT cares how much money you have spent customizing your figures or what other Indy versions/accesories you already have. Why should they short-change themselves out of DX money because some have bought different items already? They don't care about YOU. They care about turning a hefty profit on this license.

The likeness is close enough for a $200 figure. I am sure it will be tweaked more, but it is by no means unrecognizable. People really want perfection when there is no such thing. There are only approximate likenesses. In the context of this 12" doll dressed like Indiana Jones it does look like the character of Indiana Jones.

Money is a strong argument. :cool: What do you think, how many of the Belloq/Chamber sets are out there? Maybe 500?

O.k. let us assume only 250 people of these 500 are don't willing to pay another maybe $200 US for an almost identical set and for them DX and the Map Room cloth is not enough to change their minds. So it would be a loss of $50.000 US for HT.

And if the first HT Indy figure don't sell good would there be another one...?

How dare Hot Toys make it about money, just so they can pay for their licences, their staff, and make a profit out of it too.
I feel betrayed in some deluded way :cuckoo:

can somebody please post the hot toys indy pics that have been released so far? i dont want to have to go through the whole thread for pics.

i was eventually going to pick up the sideshow indy, but forget that now. this looks to blow that one out of the water.

HT is a business. Of course they care about my money. They want it. When they release figures that look right, I buy them, despite the rapidly rising prices, as they are very high quality. As soon as the quality drops, I think, hey, my custom looks more like Indy than their more expensive version, I won't buy it. It has nothing to do with some sense of entitlement on my side. If they fix it, I buy it, if not I'll spend the money on something else. I find it funny that people say they can't believe all this nitpicking. Why settle for less? HT have clearly listened to complaints in the past. If everyone said, "Hey, it's good enough, accept the imperfections" they would never get better.

Figure looks good but it's gonna have to WOW me if I'm gonna spend $200 for it and it just doesn't WOW me like I hoped. That being said this is a proto and changes could be made. Plus I'm gonna wait till some official photos come out before I pass to much judgement on this.

Eddie Wong said he thought Indy looked awesome... he's usually pretty harsh/honest on what he likes/doesn't about the HT figs. Can't wait until he uploads his pics. :rock

HT is a business. Of course they care about my money. They want it. When they release figures that look right, I buy them, despite the rapidly rising prices, as they are very high quality. As soon as the quality drops, I think, hey, my custom looks more like Indy than their more expensive version, I won't buy it. It has nothing to do with some sense of entitlement on my side. If they fix it, I buy it, if not I'll spend the money on something else. I find it funny that people say they can't believe all this nitpicking. Why settle for less? HT have clearly listened to complaints in the past. If everyone said, "Hey, it's good enough, accept the imperfections" they would never get better.

I would agree with you that we all have choices to make. We all also see a likeness differently in certain items. That said, I think "fixing" is different than "improving". Fixing implies that the thing is a piece of crap and just doesn't cut it as an Indy figure. Same can be said about countless other figures like the upcoming Bruce Lee DX.

All I am saying is that the way some people complain is like it's the end of the world because it's such an obvious piece of crap likeness. Mexico Jones or whatever. I just don't share that sense of dispair and it's amusing when I look at the pics and I say "it's alright for what it is...wtf are these clowns crying about???". We all want a better product, but sometimes the tweaks are so minimal and non-life altering that unless you hold the figure in your hand you will not know what the hell is that they did or not do or if it mattered that much in the end.

Prices are going up to almost PF levels. It's a tough time to be an HT collector without deciding to only collect HT. If you spent lots on an Indy custom already I would not even be looking at this item at all.

The fedora on this is so embarrassingly terrible. :(

That and the inaccuracies such as the belts and holster along with the thick collars and so-so HF likeness make this prototype really disappointing. Hopefully they can improve but they've got many things to correct. I know not everyone knows what to look for with the IJ details, but where was the HT research dept on this one? The info is out there if you bother to look.

Some of the posts here make it sound like Hot Toys ran over your favourite pet, and then sent you a $200 invoice for the clean-up. :wink1:

5289979205_ce20da32c5_o.jpg

5289979681_4a599f6613_o.jpg

5289979351_718881aed1_o.jpg

5290582456_acc55202e7_o.jpg

Some of the posts here make it sound like Hot Toys ran over your favourite pet, and then sent you a $200 invoice for the clean-up. :wink1:

:lol I have to say I've got my nits about this one too but after seeing the changes HT made to Spidey I have no doubt this will be awesome when it's ready to ship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back